You’re ready to buy or sell residential real estate in The Villages, but you want to avoid legal pitfalls that could turn your transaction into a nightmare. As the value of real estate continues to rise in Florida, the last thing you need is a problem that will add to the expense or cause the transaction to fall apart.
A residential real estate lawyer in The Villages from Bogin, Munns & Munns can guide you through the process and search for and handle any legal issues that come up along the way.
A Residential Real Estate Lawyer Helps Buyers and Sellers in The Villages
Real estate agents cannot perform legal searches to discover any problems that should be taken care of before closing. A lawyer, however, can perform this task and serve as your advocate throughout the process and protect your interests.
For instance, if you are a buyer, a lawyer can:
- Review contract terms
- Help you understand the contract
- Determine if the title is clean
- Search for liens
- Check into local codes
- Make sure there are no unpaid taxes or utility costs
On the other hand, if you’re a seller, a lawyer can:
- Review offers from buyers
- Prepare purchase and sales agreements
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Prepare the deed
- Handle title issues
- Review closing documents
Your attorney is also there to answer any legal questions you may have about a real estate transaction. Our law firm has been guiding buyers and sellers through the residential real estate process for 40 years. We can help you with your transaction.
To consult with an experienced residential real estate lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986
A Residential Real Estate Lawyer in The Villages Can Benefit Your Transaction
If you are buying a home, it’s the biggest investment you may ever make. And if you’re a seller, you’re counting on making a reasonable profit. With so much money on the line, it makes sense to have an attorney on your side who will work for a smooth transaction from the start to the closing.
As your attorney, you can expect us to:
- Help you understand Florida real estate law: Real estate laws can be complex, especially for anyone buying or selling for the first time, so if you require an interpretation of Florida Statutes § 83 we will be happy to explain it to you.
- Deal with banks and lenders: We can help you with that mortgage loan so that you don’t have to deal with your lender all by yourself.
- Resolve title insurance claims: A title insurance claim is a common setback to real estate transactions that we can handle so your purchase or sale can move ahead.
- Perform legal searches: We can find problems such as liens, insurance claims, and foreclosures and handle them.
- Move your transaction along: You want your transaction to move along, especially if there’s a deadline. We want the same thing.
- Handle paperwork: Paperwork can cost you time, so leave bidding, permits, and applications to us.
- Handle your escrow account: We can serve as a neutral party and handle your escrow account.
- Help you with code violations: We can help you understand the codes of ordinances in the county or city where you are purchasing or selling residential real estate so you can make sure it’s up to code.
- Represent you: We will represent you at hearings, mediation sessions, depositions, and in court if it becomes necessary during the course of your transaction. We will also be present at the final closing.
In all likelihood, your residential real estate transaction will play out with little or no drama, but hidden issues have been known to pop up. A lawyer can handle legal pitfalls on your behalf and maintain regular communication with you to provide updates on the status as we work to resolve them.
The Villages Residential Real Estate Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
What Is the “As Is” Residential Contract?
In Florida, the “As Is” Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase is a standard contract that has the approval of the Florida Bar and Florida Realtors that governs every part of a residential real estate transaction, including:
- Names of the parties to the transaction
- Property description
- Price of the real estate
- Disclosures such as lead paint or flood zone
- Closing date and costs
- Dispute resolution
The contract absolves the seller from having to perform or pay for any repairs since the “As Is” means the property is sold in its current condition. The agreement, however, is subject to a satisfactory inspection by the buyer.
A real estate agent can help you with this contract, but a lawyer from our firm can inform you of the legal implications and obligations that you are agreeing to under the terms. We will thoroughly review the terms of the contract to look out for your interests.
Click to contact our The Villages Residential Real Estate Lawyers today
We Can Help With Various Issues That Can Arise in Residential Real Estate Transactions
The advice of an attorney with experience in residential real estate transactions can save you time and money. At our firm, we have specialists in every practice area of the law. Among our practice areas in the world of residential real estate are:
- Contract errors and disputes
- Escrow disputes
- Landlord access
- Mortgage and title fraud
- Short term rentals
- Title searches
Residential real estate remains popular in Florida, and the value is rising. Obtaining legal representation to review and guide your transaction all the way past the finish line can mean ensuring you are not taken advantage of and closing more quickly.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Work With a Residential Real Estate Lawyer in The Villages Today
Buying or selling residential real estate in The Villages does not have to include extra stress and frustration because of hidden legal pitfalls. A lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can streamline the process and even complete some of the tedious tasks for you.
Whether you are a buyer or a seller, contact our firm today to make sure your dream transaction becomes a reality.