Have you or someone you love been arrested for a crime? If so, you may be looking for ways to avoid the state’s harshest penalties. Our criminal defense team can help. If you are facing criminal conviction in Florida, you might be eligible to participate in pretrial diversion programs in your county. These programs offer options to first-time offenders that can mitigate the penalties you face.
Our The Villages pretrial diversion lawyer will review your criminal case and record. We know how hard it can be to face separation from your family and the costly loss of your job or career. We will do everything we can to help you avoid the loss of your freedom. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we never stop fighting to help you get a fresh start and the option to rebuild your life.
The Benefits of Pretrial Diversion
Pretrial diversion programs can allow our criminal defense team to intervene on your behalf and help you avoid going to jail for a first-time offense. When pretrial diversion is available to you, it can have several benefits. On your own, you may not even be aware that pretrial diversions exist. You also may not know which apply to your specific case.
No two criminal cases or defendants are alike. When we handle your case, our criminal defense lawyer representing clients in The Villages, FL treats you like a person, not a case file. We take time to explain the benefits of participating in a pretrial diversion program. They include:
- Avoiding incarceration or imprisonment
- Limiting damage to your reputation
- Limiting the impact on your family
- Avoid interrupting your ongoing education
- Avoid damage to your career path
- Allow your family to remain intact
One of the primary benefits of pretrial diversion or intervention is its ability to let you start over with a clean slate.
Pretrial Diversion Options in The Villages and Sumter County
Pretrial diversion does exactly what its name implies — it diverts a criminal defendant from conviction and its potentially damaging aftermath. According to Florida Statutes § 948.08, in Sumter County, your available options can include:
- Appropriate counseling
- Specialized education
- Court supervision
- Necessary medical care
- Beneficial psychological care
Community service and other options might also be available in your case. Our The Villages pretrial diversion lawyer will explain the specific choices you have. They will also explain your responsibilities if you are accepted into a pretrial intervention program.
To consult with an experienced pretrial diversion lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986
What You Need to Know About Pretrial Intervention Eligibility in Sumter County
In many cases, pretrial intervention programs are available to first-time offenders. The state may offer them as a chance to re-evaluate previous decisions and their impact on your future. Per Florida Statutes § 948.08, you may also qualify for these beneficial programs if:
- You have a previous conviction for a nonviolent misdemeanor, AND
- The charge you are currently facing is a third-degree misdemeanor, AND
- You understand the program and agree to waive your right to a speedy trial
We will explain the qualifications for the program, and will help you apply for the best option for you. Some charges that may qualify for the program include grand theft, first-time possession of controlled substances, and petit theft. Other crimes are eligible for pretrial diversion, so let our lawyers help you figure out if you’re eligible.
Our team will make sure you have a full understanding of how participation will affect you and your family. We also explain any financial costs associated with participation.
Your Responsibilities When Participating in Pretrial Diversion Programs
Not all eligible offenders are permitted to benefit from pretrial diversion. In addition to meeting the qualifying criteria, you will also be required to comply with the following:
- Consult a qualified lawyer
- Obtain consent from the victim of the crime
- Obtain consent from the judge in your case
- Understand and agree to the program’s duration
- Accept responsibility for your actions
- Notify your employer or educational institution
There are exceptions in some cases. Our client-focused team will make sure you understand any exceptions that apply to you.
The Villages Pretrial Diversion Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
How the Lawyers of Bogin, Munns & Munns Fight for Your Present and Future
One mistake or misstep should not have the power to derail your entire future. When our The Villages pretrial diversion lawyer represents you, we do all the following:
- Review the circumstances of your arrest
- Identify any violations of your rights
- Explain the charges against you
- Review and explain the state’s evidence
- Gather evidence to build your defense
- Fight to have you released on bail
Our goal is to explore all pretrial intervention options and help you avoid a conviction with short and long-term consequences. We will represent you in court for any required hearings and if your case goes to trial and fight hard for the best possible outcome for you.
Reviews from Previous Bogin, Munns & Munns Clients
It can be hard to know where to turn for help with serious criminal matters. Clients our law firm has helped in the past say the following:
- Justin Gaudi: My daughter was wrongly arrested at school, and I was in a panic when I got the call. I didn’t know what to do. I called Bogin, Munns, and Munns…Matthew Boomershine…got all charges dismissed and got my daughters’ good name and her future back.
- Suzan Hollar: My experience with Bogin, Munn’s & Munn’s was very pleasant given the circumstances of why I needed them. I was treated like they knew me for years, I never felt like I didn’t belong…Very informative and always available to answer all my questions! I would highly recommend.
Your case and future are important to every member of our team. We never stop working toward the best outcome for you with the least damage to your family and career.
Click to contact our The Villages Pretrial Diversion Lawyers today
Contact Our Team Today
If you or someone you love is facing criminal conviction in The Villages, our pretrial diversion lawyer can help. They will explain your charges and potential penalties. We also explain how you might be able to avoid the worst penalties. Contact one of our criminal defense team members at Bogin, Munns & Munns to learn about your options.