Office InformationAddress Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A.
1000 Legion Place, Suite 1000
Orlando, Florida 32801
M-F from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Phone Support Hours
M-Su from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
After you have suffered injuries in an accident, it may seem impossible to get your life back on track. After all, injuries not only take a toll on the physical well-being of accident victims, but they can weigh heavily on your mind as you fight to take control of your life. Even minor injuries can result in lost wages, mounting medical costs, and increased stress in your personal life.
With something as confusing as the field of personal injury law, some victims prefer to focus on their recovery while a team of attorneys handles the more intricate side of things. However, no matter what you choose to do, it is important to know your legal options moving forward. Here at Bogin, Munns & Munns, we have helped clients in the Orlando area fight to protect their right to compensation.
Get help now from our Personal Injury Specialists
Understanding Negligence and Personal Injury Law
When it comes to knowing if you have a claim that you can file, you first need to understand how negligence works. Negligence is when another party fails to exercise their duty of care toward you and others around them. Duty of care is the responsibility everyone in society has to ensure they don’t take risky or unnecessary actions that can lead to harm.
If someone fails to uphold their duty of care, that makes them negligent and thus liable for whatever damages they cause. If your accident happened due to the negligence of another party, the law entitles you to file a claim against them.
Still, even if the law is on your side, that doesn’t mean you’re automatically guaranteed compensation. It’s notoriously difficult to fight for compensation on your own, especially against an insurance company that has a lot of legal resources. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to hire a personal injury lawyer that can assist you in winning the financial compensation for which you are entitled.
To consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer serving Orlando, call 407.578.9696
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our lawyers in Orlando can handle several types of personal injury cases. The following list includes some of the most common:
- Automobile accidents: A negligent driver causes a motor vehicle accident that injures another driver or pedestrian. This can include auto accidents that involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, scooters, boats, and commercial vehicles.
- Premises liability accidents: A premises owner knowingly allows a dangerous condition to persist. This can involve slip and fall accidents, swimming pool injuries, negligent security, etc.
- Defective products: A product manufacturer knowingly releases a flawed or defective product that may harm the purchaser.
- Workplace accidents: Including lack of training or safety standards, heavy machinery accidents, and long-term exposure to dangerous chemicals. Slip and fall accidents can also occur during work hours.
- Medical malpractice cases: A doctor’s negligent actions fall below a reasonable standard of care and harm their patient.
- Dog bites: According to OFCA § 767.04, Florida is a “strict liability” state, which means that dog owners are legally responsible and liable for any of the injuries caused if their dog bites or harms someone.
If you got injured in a situation where you believe that another party’s negligence was the cause, our Orlando personal injury lawyers will help you explore all of the legal options you have surrounding your case.
Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 407.578.9696
Common Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases take many forms, and the injuries may vary significantly between victims. Accidents such as car crashes, heavy machinery malfunctions, medical malpractice, and more can all be considered personal injury cases. They all may carry a wholly unique set of injuries. However, even the simplest of accidents, such as a slip and fall accident on a wet bathroom floor, can cause just as much damage as an auto accident under the right circumstances.
Common injuries seen in personal injury cases include:
- Whiplash, which is common in motor vehicle accidents
- Broken bones
- Bruising and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs), which may result in paralysis or a loss of motor function
- Lost limbs
- Certain diseases, such as lung cancer from long-term exposure to toxic substances like asbestos or other chemical hazards
- Mental illness from head injuries or overall trauma
- And more
The individual who caused your accident does not even have to be directly responsible in a physical sense. Instead, their negligence may have put into motion a string of events that eventually caused your injuries to occur.
Determining their involvement may take research and time, which the Orlando personal injury lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns will be happy to do. Over the years, we have worked with clients with virtually every injury imaginable, so we know what you are going through and how to deal with pushback from insurance companies.
We will do everything in our power to gather the evidence necessary to reveal the truth, which includes obtaining medical documents, speaking to eyewitnesses, bringing on experts to recreate the accident scene, having forensic evidence examined, and more.
Click to contact our Orlando Personal Injury Lawyers today
Types of Damages You Can Win a Settlement for
No matter how your accident took place, even if you are not sure who was truly responsible for your injuries, our team of attorneys will work to reveal the truth in a court of law. The compensation awarded in these cases can be for many types of loss, pain, suffering, and inconvenience, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Motor vehicle repairs
- Loss of wages or job
- Mental anguish, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, strained relationships, loss of passions, depression, and more
- Physical suffering, such as chronic pain, disfigurement, scarring, impaired movement, and paralysis
- Wrongful death
- Changes in quality of life
- Medical costs, including hospital bills and medication
- Future economic losses and medical expenses
- Future anguish, pain, and stress
It’s essential that you calculate all of your damages accurately. If you and the insurance company settle for an amount that you later learn didn’t include all of the damages you sustained, that can lead to lots of issues down the line, and it may be impossible to get further compensation.
This is why we recommend you get help from one of our experienced lawyers. We can calculate all of the damages you sustained and ensure all of them get factored into your settlement so you can avoid a situation like this.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Never Settle for Less
Insurance companies will often claim that the injuries and damages you suffered aren’t worth that much. They may also tell you that hiring a lawyer isn’t worth it and that you should settle with them as soon as possible under their terms. While insurance companies may seem like they have your best interests at heart, the truth is that they don’t.
While there’s no accurate way to tell you how much your settlement is worth without first reviewing the details of your case, most insurance companies can severely undervalue how much your damages should actually be. So never settle for less and always fight to receive a fair settlement that covers your damages properly.
Statute of Limitations in Orlando
You have two years to file a lawsuit under Florida law. When you choose to hire an Orlando personal injury lawyer, you are choosing to bring on a legal professional to assist in your personal injury claim and help you fight for the compensation you are rightfully entitled to receive.
While no personal injury cases are guaranteed to pay out, a lawyer can help give you peace of mind knowing that somebody is on your team moving forward.
Trust Us to Fight Hard on Your Behalf
Since 1979, our law firm has done nothing except dedicate itself to clients that have suffered. Our primary goal is to win you the maximum amount of compensation possible for your settlement. With years of experience supporting our outstanding team of attorneys, you can focus on getting better from your accident while we handle all of the legal work for you.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Will Establish Your Right to Financial Recovery
When our law firm represents you, our goal is to ensure we present a comprehensive evidence file to the at-fault party’s insurance company. Compelling evidence often means your case can be resolved with a settlement rather than a trial.
Working with our law firm has benefits. On your behalf, we will:
- Locate and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh
- Canvass the accident scene and surrounding area for photos and videos
- Accurately assess the financial value of your injuries and related expenses
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence or prove there are multiple liable parties
- Handle all case-related verbal, written, and virtual communications
The final decision to accept an offered settlement is always yours to make. Our team will field all settlement offers and weigh their pros and cons so that you can make a well-informed decision.
If we cannot reach an agreeable settlement, we will represent you in court and help you continue to fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Our goal is to obtain the best settlement offer for you so that you can start putting your life back together.
See Why Previous Clients Chose Bogin, Munns & Munns
When you are recuperating from an injury that an accident caused, you will want to work with a law firm that will fight hard for you. Our previous clients say the following about working with our personal injury team:
- Keny Henry: Attorney John Delaney was an amazing professional to work with. He always kept me in the loop and took me under his wing while he was guiding me and explaining the whole process…I appreciate their ability to get everything done in a timely manner. Definitely recommend this firm!
- Paul Hagge: What sets them apart from other firms in Orlando is their high level of integrity and honesty. If you want to work with people that really care and you can trust to do the right thing all the time, Bogin, Munns and Munns is the firm for you.
Every client we represent is our firm’s priority. You can read more recommendations and find out how hard our law firm fights for the clients we represent on our Google reviews page.
We Will Review Your Case and Represent You at No Cost
When our consultation team reviews your case, we will listen to your version of events with compassion and empathy. We may ask questions to understand important details of your case and will explain its merits and our recommended next steps.
After we agree on representation, our team will:
- Prepare a compelling evidence file
- Absorb all court, filing, and investigative fees
- Investigate your accident and prove liability
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Represent you in court, if necessary
None of these actions will cause you to incur any expenses. Instead, we will fight for you on a contingency fee basis. This means our fee is contingent on the compensation we recover for you, and we only get compensated when you do.
Orlando Personal Injury Lawyers in Your Corner
Here at Bogin, Munns & Munns, we put our client’s needs above all else. But at the end of the day, we just want to make a difference in our communities on a personal level. We believe that by protecting an accident victim’s right to compensation, we are helping stand up for those who need it most during a very trying time.
The way we see it, nobody has the right to put you in harm’s way and take you away from the life you worked so hard to have. For more information about how we will fight for your right to compensation, contact us today for your injury claim consultation consultation.