If you were involved in a Florida motorcycle accident, you have specific legal rights. Since 1979, the Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns have helped motorcycle accident victims receive the compensation they deserve.
Motorcyclists are often unintentionally hidden in the blind spots of cars, trucks, and vans. As a result, simple lane changes can take a terrible turn for the worse, leading to wrecks, catastrophic brain injuries, and even death for motorcyclists. Alcohol impairment and poor weather conditions, including strong wind gusts and heavy rain, also contribute to two and three-wheeled vehicle accidents. Statistics have shown that they may possibly play a bigger part for motorcycles than other motor vehicles.
Available Damages in an Orlando Motorcycle Accident Case
Because motorcycles provide limited protection, riders can suffer severe, life-altering injuries. With these injuries come substantial financial and non-financial repercussions. However, you can hold the other party accountable for your damages.
Recoverable damages include:
- Property damage costs
- Past and upcoming medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Transportation expenses
- Childcare costs
Sadly, Orlando is no stranger to fatal motorcycle accidents.
In December 2021, a motorcyclist was killed after a driver turned in front of him and hit him at Narcoossee Road and Sanctuary Crossing Road, according to Click Orlando. If your loved one passed away from their motorcycle accident injuries, you can recover wrongful death-related damages. These awards may include end-of-life care costs, funeral arrangement bills, and loss of consortium.
How Long You Have to Pursue Damages from the Other Party in Florida
The state imposes certain time limits on lawsuits. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), most people have four years from the date of their accidents to take legal action. If your loved one passed away from their motorcycle accident, you typically have two years from the date of their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
If you delay submitting your lawsuit, you risk missing the deadline. In that case, you would forfeit your right to compensation, and the negligent party would no longer be held liable for your damages. This could make you solely responsible for your financial losses.
To consult with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-686-6752
If You Are Ever in a Motorcycle Accident, Be Sure To Take These Precautions
To help protect your right to compensation after a motorcycle accident, consider:
- Taking photographs of the involved vehicles’ damage
- Not signing any documents without having an attorney review the documents first
- Not discussing any matters concerning your injuries with the liable insurance company
- Seeking medical care
- Following through with your treatment plan, which may include physical therapy
- Limiting what you share about your accident on social media
- Documenting your accident-related losses
- Requesting a copy of the police report and checking it for accuracy
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we are dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims recover fair compensation under the law. During your free case review, we can explain what other measures could secure your case’s outcome.
Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
What Our Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Do for You
We are more than happy to handle your motorcycle accident claim and everything it entails. We can meet you in the location that is most convenient for you. We have 13 locations–although our main office is in Orlando.
In Central Florida, we have offices in Clermont, Cocoa, Daytona Beach, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Melbourne, Orange City, St. Cloud, Titusville, and The Villages. We also have offices in Gainesville and Ocala.
Thanks to our decades of legal experience, we’re prepared to:
- Comply with all state-mandated deadlines
- Request a copy of the crash report
- Gather evidence and relevant medical documentation
- Identify the liable parties
- Review insurance policies
- Proceed with settlement negotiations
- Manage communications with the other parties involved
- Represent you in a trial if we cannot reach a settlement
After reviewing these services, you may wonder how much you have to pay for them. Our firm works based on contingency, so we don’t charge hourly fees, upfront costs, or out-of-pocket rates.
Instead, we take our attorney’s fees if we resolve your case. In the event we cannot settle or win a verdict, we don’t get paid. That way, you can focus on your recovery without added financial pressure.
Click to contact our Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today
How Motorcycle Accidents Occur
One or more of the following factors can contribute or lead to a motorcycle accident:
- Drunk driving
- Opening the car door without checking for oncoming traffic
- Disregarding motorcyclists
- Improper left turns or lane changes
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Driver inexperience
- Failing to yield
- Running stop lights and signals
You’ll notice that all of these behaviors can be attributed to driver error. However, sometimes, the driver isn’t the one who caused the motorcycle accident. Other responsible parties may include:
- A car parts manufacturer, if it designed, produced, or marketed a defective product
- A government municipality, if it failed to warn road users about hazardous road conditions (e.g., inclement weather) or promptly address a road defect
- A mechanic, if they failed to properly install a part or detect an issue with the vehicle
- Another road user, if they failed to abide by traffic rules
When your lawyer launches their investigation, they will get to the bottom of who and what caused your accident. You can count on them to pursue compensation from every party responsible for your losses.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Connect with Bogin, Munns & Munns for Help with Your Motorcycle Crash Case
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Orlando, Florida, our motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today at (407) 578-9696 to get started on your free, no-obligation case review. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions.