Orlando Corporation & Partnerships Lawyer Here to Help You
Incorporating your business is one of the best ways to protect your personal assets from risks associated with claims against your business. Maintaining protection against liability also requires care and attention.
There are a variety of different types of corporate entities. Selecting the right one is critical. However, your Orlando Commercial Law Lawyer familiar with business and corporate law can help you do this.
What You Should Know About Creating or Reclassifying Your Business
Generally, corporate entities and their owners or members are governed by their own bylaws and articles. Their documents must be in record with Florida law.
Their governing documents may be looked to for guidance and for:
- Resolution of disputes related to operations of the corporate entities
- Decision-making authority
- Ownership and buy out rights
- Other critical elements related to corporate governance
Our corporate attorneys have extensive experience in the formation and operation of corporate entities, including ongoing representation for all legal issues that arise in the operation of a business, whether it is under the umbrella of a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or variations of the same.
Elements You Should Keep in Mind Throughout this Process
Some issues you need to consider when starting a business are:
- What is the best entity type for your situation?
- Are there options that can help minimize your tax burden?
- What is the best way to protect your personal or business assets from liability?
- How can you plan for a future transition of the business’ ownership?
- How can management deadlocks be avoided between and among co-owners?
How our Team Can Help You and Your Business
Our corporate lawyers can help analyze these issues for your particular circumstances and help prepare all necessary documents. If you are purchasing or selling a business, our attorneys can help you understand what needs to be in the agreement to:
- Protect your interests
- Minimize liability exposure
- Optimize tax treatment
Such transactions need to be well-documented to avoid disputes arising out of the agreement or after the closing of the transactions. For relatively simple transactions, you may fill out our online business questionnaire, which will assist us in responding to your questions.
Case Types We Have Helped Others with in our Practice
Do you have a business matter concerning the following? We can help with:
- Company formation
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Financing transactions
- Human resources
- Intellectual property
- Risk management
If so, contact us for all your company’s legal needs.
Whether you are starting a new business venture, purchasing or selling a business, or currently operating a business, you will undoubtedly face issues regarding contracts because they are an essential aspect of business transactions.
The commercial litigation attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns have the knowledge and experience required to determine the appropriate action to take to remedy your contract disputes, no matter the complexity.
Breach of contract issues typically involve the failure of one party to perform an obligation under the contract without legal justification. They include broken promises, not completing work to be performed, and failure to make payments or deliver goods.
Possibly Relevant Breach of Contract Defenses
There are several affirmative defenses to a breach of contract in Florida, all of which are best acted upon with the legal counsel of a commercial litigation lawyer.
In a contract dispute, it’s usually not enough to simply deny legal wrongdoing, you must respond with every plausible argument that justifies your position. Our team of transactional and commercial litigation attorneys will be able to assist you in resolving even the most complex contractual disputes.
We Handle Contract Dispute Cases
Your business and corporate lawyer serving Orlando can also help you avoid such disputes in the future by examining and revising your existing contractual documents. We are happy to guide you in the resolution of a contract dispute or the completion of an agreement and the execution of a contract. We can meet you in the location that is most convenient for you.
Mergers and Acquisitions
The Orlando, Florida corporate attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns have extensive experience in advising clients engaged in a full range of corporate-related transactions, including:
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Leveraged buyouts
- Strategic alliances
- Joint ventures
In addition, we help clients:
- Negotiate and prepare letters of intent
- Conduct due diligence investigations
- Structure financing arrangements
- Form special-purpose entities for completing the transaction
Limited Liability Company Corporate
A limited liability company is a business entity similar to a corporation, providing the sought-after personal liability protection of a corporation, but with some differences. Because of these differences, the selection of a business entity most appropriate to a situation varies based on the specific facts at hand.
Similar to a corporation, the owners of a limited liability company are subject to such statutory requirements to maintain the personal limited liability protection for its owners. The owners are also able to create agreements among the owners to control the operation of the company and the relationships between the owners.
Do you have a business matter concerning company formation, contracts, purchase and sale transactions, financing transactions, taxes, human resources, intellectual property, risk management, or lawsuits? We have business law attorneys who are willing to help you out. Our attorneys work to ensure your corporate matter is handled with the care you should expect from a firm that has been around for over 40 years.
SBA Loan Advice and Representation
Getting an SBA loan can be a tricky and complicated process. The attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns assist business owners by providing them with legal counsel concerning the SBA loan process including, without limitation, the following:
- Choosing which SBA loan program (7(a), CDC/504, etc.) is best for you and your business
- Representing you in the closing of the loan transaction to protect your interests
- Helping you understand each legal document related to the loan transaction
- Lending assistance with real estate and building projects
Discuss your SBA loan needs with one of our business law attorneys.
Why Retain Bogin, Munns & Munns for Your Company’s Legal Needs?
Our team focuses on our clients’ business and long-term objectives and ascertains the elements of value in the deals for our clients. Your Orlando lawyer taking on business and corporate-related cases will:
- Take a fully integrated approach to assessing the risks that affect value
- Negotiate to minimize those risks
- Structure the transaction so that the objectives are accomplished
Structuring the optimal acquisition often requires experience in multiple disciplines including corporate law, tax law, and securities. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we draw from the diverse strengths and backgrounds of our lawyers to effectively assist our clients in the process.
With over thirty attorneys and over one hundred total employees, Bogin, Munns & Munns is able to provide competent representation to our diverse client base with a high level of attention and responsiveness.
Our Past Clients’ Reviews Demonstrate Our Commitment
Our previous clients have written testimonials supporting our team, such as:
- “Very responsive, experienced, and knowledgeable. I appreciate their ability to get everything done in a timely manner.”
- “They’re so friendly, personable, and very helpful!”
- “I didn’t have to worry about a thing.”
- “They go the extra mile and really take the time to understand their clients’ needs.”
What You Can do to Prepare to Work with our Firm
Many business owners get overwhelmed with the process of retaining legal representation. However, you can make our job easier by preparing for the path ahead of you.
- Gathering all information and documentation we could find relevant
- Avoid making decisions without speaking with your lawyer
- Write down any questions you have so we can answer them
- Regularly check your email and voice mail inbox for any updates from us
Call our Team to get Started with Your Business Legal Needs
When it comes time to grow or start your business, call Bogin, Munns & Munns for legal counsel. We are here to help your business thrive and succeed. Call today to learn how we can help you.
Alternatively, you could fill out our online business questionnaire to receive a telephone discussion with one of our business law firm team members. During this consultation, they will go over your current situation and your legal options.