The thought of filing a lawsuit and going to court can be daunting. Fortunately, you do not have to fight alone. Bogin, Munns & Munns has more than 40 attorneys versed in a wide range of civil matters. Our Orlando civil litigation lawyers will stand by your side and assist you through every step of your case.
What Does a Civil Litigation Lawyer Do?
Civil litigation attorneys help clients with non-criminal disputes. While litigation attorneys focus on trial law, that does not mean every civil litigation case ends up in court. If you have a dispute with another individual, a business, corporation, or government entity, our Orlando attorneys can:
Build Your Case
No matter what type of civil case you have, you will need to support your claims with evidence to receive a settlement or win a judgment in your favor. The proof required and the type of evidence needed varies, depending on your legal issue but may include:
- Eyewitness statements
- Medical records
- Wage and employment records
- Police reports
- Bank statements
- Property rental agreements
- Employment contracts
- Expert testimony
Gathering evidence is only half the equation. You will also need to apply state statutes, federal laws, and legal precedents to your case. Unless you have legal experience or extensive knowledge of Florida law, it may benefit you to work with one of our attorneys.
Seek a Resolution and Damages
Our goal is to help you achieve the most satisfactory resolution possible for your case. For example, if your civil matter falls under the umbrella of a personal injury, we will pursue the maximum amount of financial awards available for your case-related damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Personal property damages
- Pain and suffering
If your case involves employment discrimination, the resolution may include reinstatement of your position, back pay, and punitive damages. On the other hand, a successful divorce case may involve an advantageous distribution of marital property and an equitable custody agreement. Whatever success looks like for your particular civil matter, we will fight for it.
Negotiate on Your Behalf
Often, it is desirable to reach a solution that avoids the expense and time of taking a case to trial. This may include seeking an insurance or pre-trial settlement. We can represent you during negotiations and work to reach an agreement to resolve your issues or recover your losses. However, we will not back down from taking your case to trial if necessary.
Take Care of the ‘Red Tape’
Managing case paperwork, tracking deadlines, and returning calls and emails can quickly become overwhelming. When you work with our team, we handle the details so that you can focus on more important issues.
Furthermore, when you work with us, you will always have an open and direct line of communication with our legal team. We make sure you get your questions answered and receive regular case updates.
To consult with an experienced civil litigation lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-780-9986
We Have an Orlando Attorney Focused on Your Area of the Law
We serve an array of clients with issues spanning various areas of the law, including but not limited to:
- Business litigation – We help small businesses and large corporations with matters including breach of contract, partnership and shareholder disagreements, business torts, and patent infringement.
- Employment and labor disputes – We assist with cases involving employment discrimination, wrongful termination, workplace retaliation, payment disputes, and more.
- Bad faith insurance practices – You have the right to sue your insurance provider for bad faith practices, according to Florida Statutes § 624.155. Examples of bad faith include failure to pay a claim on time, unwarranted claims denials, and failure to disclose relevant policy information.
- Fraud – Our attorneys can work to recoup your assets and restore your reputation if you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, including email fraud, mail fraud, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, tax fraud, or misuse of your medical insurance.
- Personal injury – Personal injury law helps victims hurt by another party’s negligent actions. We assist with car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workplace injuries, wrongful death, and more.
- Family law – Our family law practice includes divorce and custody cases, alimony modification, domestic violence injunctions, children’s advocacy, and more.
- Real estate and construction disputes – Our attorneys can help with real estate and construction issues, including landlord/tenant disputes, property tax disputes, and construction delays and defects.
Orlando Civil Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
How Long Do Civil Litigation Cases Take to Resolve?
Florida’s statutes of limitations establish time limits for civil actions. How long you have to file your case depends on what type of lawsuit you have. For example, most victims of personal injury cases have two years to sue for damages. Cases that also have a two-year limit include wrongful death, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse. Our lawyers can tell you more about how these deadlines apply to your case, and if you qualify for any extensions.
In general, once you decide to take legal action, your case will go through three phases:
- Pleadings – During this stage, the plaintiff files an initial complaint. The defendant must respond to the issues or ask for a motion to dismiss. If the case is not dismissed, it moves forward.
- Discovery – During discovery, the sides exchange information and depose witnesses. This can be a lengthy process.
- Summary judgment or trial – Either party can request that a judge review the facts of the case and make a summary judgment. If the judge decides there is insufficient evidence to rule, the case goes to trial.
Every case is different, and sometimes it can take years between when a plaintiff files a complaint and the issue goes to trial. Additionally, at any point during the process, the parties may reach a pre-trial agreement and avoid litigation. Our team can help you get started on your case today.
Click to contact our Orlando Civil Litigation Lawyers today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns
Our firm has served clients from across Florida for more than 40 years. We represent individuals, families, and corporate clients — treating each case, no matter how big or small — with our commitment to excellence. To learn more about working with our Orlando civil litigation lawyers, call our offices at 407-578-9696.