Office Information

Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A.
1390 N Hancock Rd, Suite 201
Clermont, Florida 34711
Office Hours
M-F from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Phone Support Hours
M-Su from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Personal Injury
personal, injury, case, injuries, recover, accident, clermont, including, medical, munns

Clermont Personal Injury Lawyer

If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Clermont, FL, we want to help you fight for compensation. Our attorneys practice virtually all areas of personal injury law out of our Clermont location. Bogin, Munns & Munns is happy to dive into any of your legal issues and offer help at no upfront cost to you.

How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in Clermont Help you Recover Compensation?

We have two primary goals when we take on a case. Our first goal (and perhaps our most important) is to recover compensation for your accident-related losses. Our second goal is to hold the negligent party financially accountable for your losses. In doing so, we might prevent a similar accident from happening to someone else.

While you concentrate on recovering from your injuries, our lawyers can:

  • Answer your questions and provide legal advice
  • Determine who is liable for your injuries
  • Gather evidence of fault and liability
  • Assess the value of your damages (including pain and suffering)
  • Communicate with the insurance companies and other parties
  • Negotiate with the insurance companies for a settlement offer
  • File a lawsuit in civil court if we cannot reach an agreement

To consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer serving Clermont, call 352.243.8981

How Long do You Have to File Your Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Lawsuit?

Do not delay when it comes to filing your case, as your situation is subject to Florida’s statute of limitations. This law outlines how long you have to file your case with the civil court system.

Get help now from our Personal Injury Specialists

According to state law, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit. Additionally, if you are filing a wrongful death suit after the passing of a loved one, you also only have two years to act.

Certain exceptions could apply to your situation, per Florida Statutes §95.051. For instance, if you were injured as a minor, or the at-fault party left the state, you could be given an extension. These exceptions do not pertain to everyone, though.

Keep in mind that if the statute of limitations expires before you take legal action, you could lose the right to recover compensation via a lawsuit. For that reason alone, we encourage you to reach out to our team as soon as possible.

Clermont Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 352.243.8981

We Can Determine Whether You Have a Personal Injury Case in Clermont

Any injury (either physical or mental) resulting from the negligent act or omission of another person or entity is considered a personal injury.

There are many types of personal injury cases we handle, including:

  • Automobile accidents (including motorcycle, truck, boat, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents)
  • Wrongful death cases
  • Premises liability cases, including slips and falls
  • Dog bites (and other animal bites and injuries)
  • On-the-job accidents (including construction site accidents)
  • Exposure to toxic substances (like mold or dangerous chemicals)
  • Negligent supervision
  • Professional negligence

Handling a personal injury case on your own can prevent you from reaching maximum medical improvement. Let us handle your case while you focus on getting better.

Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today

We Can Help You Recover Your Monetary and Non-Monetary Losses

The compensation you may be able to recover in a personal injury case will depend on the specifics of your injuries, the value of your financial losses, and your situation as a whole.

The following damages may be recoverable:

  • The cost of your medical bills, including the cost of treatments both now and in the future
  • Lost wages, tips, bonuses, and employee benefits
  • Loss of future earning ability
  • Property damage expenses (if applicable)
  • Pain and suffering and inconvenience
  • Mental anguish
  • Scarring and disfigurement
  • Disability
  • Various out-of-pocket expenses, like childcare costs

We Can Fight for Damages if You Lost a Loved One

Florida Statutes §768.21 outlines who has the right to file a wrongful death case in the state. It also outlines what damages specific family members can recover. For instance, if you lost a spouse due to negligence, you could recover loss of consortium. Minor children could recover costs for loss of parental guidance.

Some compensable losses in these cases include:

  • Funeral and burial costs
  • The decedent’s medical expenses
  • Loss of protection
  • Lost income
  • Pain and suffering

Your personal injury lawyer serving Clermont can provide additional insight into what forms of damages you can recover.

Submit a Consultation Request form today

What Will Your Lawyer Need to Prove to “Win” Your Case?

We will build your case in accordance with the American Bar Association’s (ABA) guidelines. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall, motor vehicle crash, or another incident, we must prove negligence.

This involves establishing:

  • Someone owed you or a loved one a duty of care. This means that they had a responsibility to keep you safe.
  • The liable party breached that obligation through carelessness or recklessness.
  • You were injured, or a loved one passed away due to negligent behavior.
  • You have losses because of the at-fault party’s actions or omission.

We Will Use Evidence to Build Your Personal Injury Case in Clermont

Our legal team will use evidence to assert that you were harmed due to negligence. Some pieces of information in your case could include:

  • Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
  • Testimony from accident reconstruction, medical, or vocational experts
  • The police or incident report filed at the accident scene
  • The injured party’s medical records
  • Security camera footage
  • Billing statements related to your damages

When Bogin, Munns & Munns represents you, we can gather this evidence on your behalf while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries.

What Should You Do After Getting Hurt in an Accident?

Oftentimes, potential clients call us and ask what they can do to protect their legal rights. Ultimately, what you should do will depend on your situation.

Yet, no matter your circumstances, we encourage you to seek medical attention. If we cannot tie your injuries to the incident in question, the financial recovery process could be more difficult.

Below, we have organized some recommendations based on the most common types of personal injury cases that we handle.

What Should You Do if You Were Hurt in a Car Accident?

If you suffered losses in a collision, you should:

  • Keep documentation of your vehicle’s damage
  • Save all correspondence between yourself and the insurer
  • Take photos of your injuries and vehicle’s damage
  • Refrain from posting about the collision on social media
  • Follow through with your doctor’s recommendations

We understand that being without a car and recovering from serious injuries can be difficult. However, you should not accept the first settlement offer for this reason alone. If you do that, you could be unable to request more money if your injuries worsen.

What Should You Do if You Were Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident?

Notify the owner or a person in charge of the premises right away. It is their responsibility to provide you with a safe environment––or at least warn you of any possible dangers.

If a business owner or homeowner is found negligent in this regard, you may be eligible to recover damages for your injuries, including lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.

What Should You Do if You Were Bitten by a Dog?

Dog bites can result in lacerations, puncture wounds, and nerve damage. On the surface, these injuries may seem minor. However, your primary concern should be the risk of infection, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

If you can, you should:

  • Take pictures of the dog and accident scene
  • Document your recovery period
  • Keep track of your medications and the names of your healthcare providers

We can build a case against either the dog’s owner or the owner of the premises where you were hurt.

Our Personal Injury Team in Clermont is Ready to Fight for You

To learn more about how a personal injury lawyer in Clermont can help fight for your right to compensation, contact Bogin, Munns & Munns today at (855) 686-6752.

Call or text 352.243.8981 or submit our Consultation Request form today

Frequently Asked Questions

Unless they are a licensed attorney, anyone wishing to provide legal advice regarding immigration forms, explain immigration options, or communicate with the USCIS about your case must be accredited by the Department of Justice’s Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). Check the BIA website for a list of accredited providers.

Individuals seeking immigration advice should keep in mind that in other countries, the word “notario” means that the individual is an attorney. This is not true in the United States.  “Notarios”, or notary publics, immigration consultants, and businesses cannot give you immigration advice unless they are accredited by the BIA.

Any injury (either physical or mental) resulting from negligent act or omission of another person or entity is considered a personal injury.  Personal injury is considered a civil law matter.  There are many types of personal injury, including but certainly not limited to the following common items:

  • Automobile Accidents (including Motorcycle, Truck, Boat, Bicycle, Pedestrian and other vehicles)
  • Wrongful Death
  • Premises Liability (commonly known as Slip & Falls)
  • Dog Bites (and other animal bites & injuries)
  • On-The-Job Injuries (including Construction Site injuries)
  • Exposure to Toxic Substances (including Mold)
  • Negligent Supervision
  • Professional Negligence

Notify the owner or a person in charge of the premises right away. Even if the homeowner or business owner has premises liability insurance that protects them in such situations, it is their responsibility to provide you with a safe environment, and inform you of any dangers that may exist. If a business owner or homeowner is found negligent in this regard, you may be eligible to recover damages for your injuries, including lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.