Dog bites can be very serious injuries, and in tragic cases, even fatal. When someone else’s dog bites you, you may be able to take legal action against them. A Clermont dog bite lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you seek justice.
Our team can explain the laws that apply to your case without using any confusing legal terms. When you work with us, you do not have to worry about any of the legal details. You can spend your time recovering from your injuries while we seek compensation on your behalf.
Our Clermont Dog Bite Lawyer Can Manage All the Details of Your Case
If you are thinking of filing a case, you will have to decide whether or not hiring a lawyer is right for you. We can handle several legal tasks for you when you hire our firm. On your behalf, we can:
- Assist with your legal paperwork
- Answer your questions about the legal process
- Give you an understanding of how much compensation you could seek
- Give you peace of mind knowing you do not have to navigate your case alone
- Act as your support system
- Make sure you are aware of any upcoming legal deadlines
You are not alone in your pursuit of justice. Let our Clermont personal injury lawyer help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Legal Expenses Come With Hiring Our Dog Bite Lawyer?
You might feel hesitant to hire a lawyer because you assume it will be too expensive. With Bogin, Munns & Munns, this is not the case. We work on a contingency-fee basis. You do not owe us anything upfront when you hire our Clermont dog bite lawyer.
Instead, we wait until your case is won or settled to receive payment. Our firm is affordable because we take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as our payment. You won’t pay us anything out-of-pocket to work with our team.
To consult with an experienced dog bite lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-780-9986
How Your Life Could Be Impacted by a Dog Bite
Compensation is awarded in dog bite cases because of the impact it has on the lives of victims like you. You could be suffering from financial loss due to unexpected medical bills. Additionally, you may be suffering physically from serious injuries and emotionally from the trauma of an accident.
You do not have to be responsible for paying for these losses on your own. Our lawyers can help you file a claim or lawsuit against a negligent dog owner to seek compensation.
Available Compensation for Victims of Dog Bites
Your dog bite case could result in compensation for a range of incident-related losses. Some of your recoverable damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical expenses such as doctor’s office fees, surgical expenses, prescription medications, rehabilitation, and travel to doctor’s appointments
- Lost income if you had to take time off work because of your injuries
Our firm can assign a value to your case to help you pursue fair compensation.
Clermont Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Animal Owners Have an Obligation To Keep You Safe
According to Florida Statutes § 767.04, dog owners are typically liable when their animal attacks someone else, regardless of the dog’s previous behavior. If you were lawfully visiting a public or private property, you could have grounds to take action against the owner of a dog that bit you.
Examples of how animal owners sometimes fail to take proper precautions to keep others safe from their dogs include:
- Failing to keep their dog on a leash in a public or open area
- Allowing a potentially dangerous animal near others
- Failing to have their dog immunized, potentially leading to the transfer of disease or infections
- A poorly treated animal that can result in aggressive behavior
- Failing to disclose a history of violent or aggressive behavior
- Failing to effectively supervise an animal
- Failing to post any necessary signage warning a passer-by of the existence of a dog
- Using an inadequate leash or fencing system as a means to control a dog
Click to contact our Clermont Dog Bite Lawyers today
What To Do After You Were Bitten by a Dog in Clermont
If you suffered from a dog bite in Clermont, it is recommended that you:
- Take photos and videos of your injuries: We will have to prove that there is a link between your injuries and the dog bite for you to seek compensation. Photos and videos of how the dog attack affected you can help us prove the dog’s owner should be held liable.
- Visit a doctor: Your dog bite injuries may be severe, and it is important that you visit a doctor. A doctor can provide you with a treatment plan and prescribe you medications that you may need to recover.
- Avoid posting on social media: The liable party’s insurer or legal team can take anything you share online out of context. You should not turn to social media to talk about the dog bite, because the liable party’s team can try to use this as evidence against you.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses: If someone else witnessed the dog bite incident, gather their contact information. We can reach out to them as we build your case.
- Speak to our team: After your dog bite, you do not have to handle your case alone. The legal team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can manage your case for you.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Contact Us Today To Learn More About Our Clermont Dog Bite Lawyer
If you are thinking about filing a case following a dog bite, our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is available to discuss your legal options. You do not need to take on any additional stress. We can help you handle your dog bite injury case.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. A member of our team is available 24/7 to answer your call.