When nursing home residents suffer abuse, they have the right to pursue justice by filing personal injury claims or lawsuits. These types of legal action could result in monetary compensation from the nursing home facility, as well as any other liable parties. If your loved one suffered abuse in a Clermont nursing home, our attorneys can assist them in pursuing legal action.
The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to help. We can investigate your loved one’s claims and aid them in pursuing the compensation they are entitled to.
Types of Compensation that May Be Available
A successful nursing home abuse claim may result in various forms of monetary compensation. Some examples of the damages that might be available in these cases include:
- Relocation Costs. Some nursing home residents are uncomfortable remaining in a nursing home that facilitated their abuse. They may be able to recover the costs associated with moving to a new facility.
- Medical Bills. Nursing home abuse can result in the resident requiring emergency medical care. Your loved one may have the right to recoup the cost of this care.
- Pain and Suffering. Serious injuries resulting from abuse and neglect often take weeks or months to heal. This healing process can be difficult, and some pain could linger for the rest of their life. It is possible to pursue compensation for pain and suffering in these cases.
- Mental Anguish. Some nursing home residents relive the trauma of their abuse for years after it occurs. Damages may be available for this kind of mental anguish.
To consult with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-780-9986
No Fee Unless We Win
Some nursing home residents live on a tight budget. The cost of these facilities can be high, so some residents financially struggle to get by each month. The thought of extensive medical bills can easily exceed what a resident and their family can afford.
Thankfully, our firm will never charge the victims of nursing home abuse up-front legal fees. We only recover fees in cases where we obtain compensation on our client’s behalf. This means your loved one will never pay out of pocket for legal representation, and there is no risk of walking away from a legal case with debt.
Our attorneys work on what is known as a contingency fee basis. With a contingency fee, we will only recover our fees from a portion of the compensation we may obtain on your behalf. Our percentage of the recovery is agreed upon upfront, and you will never receive surprise bills for our services. If your loved one does not get paid, we do not get paid.
If you have questions about our contingency fees or the other aspects of our representation, bring them up during your free consultation.
Clermont Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Understanding Nursing Home Abuse
In Clermont, nursing home residents enjoy certain rights under the law. These rights are set out in Florida Statutes §400.022. The residents’ rights outlined in this statute include access to family members and medical care, as well as the right to participate socially in the facility.
Unfortunately, not all nursing homes comply with these rights. When a nursing home or its administrators fail to take reasonable steps to protect their residents from harm, they could face liability for any abuse that occurs.
In a nursing home, not all abuse is the same. There are five general types of nursing home abuse. Each of these five categories is unique, but the consequences of any act of abuse could be severe. The types of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical Abuse. Physical abuse involves an intentional physical act that results in illness or injury. Examples could include punching, slapping, biting, or burning a nursing home resident.
- Sexual Abuse. Sexual abuse involves any unwanted or non-consensual sexual act. This includes not only sexual abuse but voyeurism or exposure.
- Financial Abuse. Some acts of abuse target a nursing home resident’s financial assets. This type of abuse can be perpetrated by other nursing home residents and employees.
- Emotional Abuse. Emotional abuse involves verbal or nonverbal behavior that results in fear, mental anguish, or distress on a nursing home resident.
- Neglect. Neglect occurs when the nursing home fails to provide for a resident’s basic needs. These needs include access to food, medical care, hygiene, and water, among other things.
There are numerous ways that acts of neglect or abuse could result in a claim for compensation. When these instances happen, the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can help.
Click to contact our Clermont Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers today
Seek Compensation with the Help of Bogin, Munns & Munns
Advocating for the victims of nursing home abuse is a tremendous responsibility. No resident of a nursing home deserves to be mistreated, and our firm can pursue those responsible for all types of abuse.
Let the attorneys of Bogin, Munns & Munns review your loved one’s case and advise them of their legal options. We are proud to serve as advocates for the victims of abuse. Call (352) 243-8981 right away for a free consultation.