Orange City Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

Orange City FL Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
home, nursing, abuse, munns, loved, care, staff, bogin, orange, city

If you or a loved one was abused while under the care of nursing home staff in Orange City, FL, you may be wondering what legal recourse might be available for you to take. 

Bogin, Munns & Munns is here to help you understand the steps you can take so that the home or specific staff members are recognized for their unlawful or negligent behavior.

When a nursing home resident’s rights are violated and they are subjected to abuse or neglect, you may have the ability to hold the home accountable. See what an Orange City nursing home abuse lawyer can do for you. 

Recognizing the Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect 

There are a few ways an Orange City nursing home abuse lawyer can help you pursue justice for the abuse you or a loved one endured. The most important thing for us to do is establish that you have a case. 

To do this, we will need to comb through evidence and other information to identify the party that harmed you or neglected you and what it is that they did. 

We will also ask ourselves the following questions: 

  • Was the care staff verbally abusive while interacting with you or your loved one?
  • Did they fail to provide you or your loved one with a standard of care? 
  • Do you have financial losses stemming from your situation? 
  • Did the care staff fail to monitor a patient that had a history of aggression or erratic behavior? 

While it can sometimes be challenging to identify how a nursing home staff member was negligent, this is something our lawyers are capable of handling so that you do not have to.

Once we know you have a case, we can then help you take the necessary steps to get the nursing home recognized for abuse or neglect. To do this, we might:

Report the Nursing Home to the Local Authorities

If a nursing home worker committed a criminal offense, such as sexual abuse or assault, we can help you report the nursing home and the worker to the local authorities. This way, an investigation can be conducted to determine if criminal charges should be filed against the person who harmed you or a loved one.

Report the Facility to a State Agency

The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is one agency in Florida that accepts and processes complaints regarding the quality of care that is provided in health care facilities. When a nursing home allows substandard care to be provided or hires workers who are not properly trained or have become abusive toward residents, it should be held accountable for this.

The lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns will dedicate our time to ensuring a formal complaint is filed with the appropriate agencies. 

File a Lawsuit Against the Nursing Home and/ or a Staff Member

If you or a loved one was physically and/or psychologically injured by a nursing home worker or someone else in the nursing home, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit against the facility. Personal injury lawsuits are civil lawsuits that are used to seek justice from a party for their negligent behavior. 

If a nursing home employee pushed you or hit you, neglected you for extended periods of time that caused you to develop a bedsore or suffer from malnutrition, or they engaged in any other type of behavior that caused you harm, you may be entitled to compensation.

Depending on how the incident impacted you or a loved one, you or they may be awarded compensation for the following:

  • Pain and suffering. This refers to the physical and mental pain you experienced as a result of the negligent behavior
  • Mental anguish. If you or a loved one developed anxiety, depression, or another type of mental health condition as a result of the harm that was inflicted upon you, compensation may be awarded to make up for this.
  • Medical expenses. If you or your loved one had to undergo medical care to treat inflicted and resulting injuries, you may be entitled to seek compensation to cover these expenses.

Although compensation cannot undo the traumatic event(s) that led to you or a loved one suffering injuries, it can potentially help to explore alternatives to nursing homes or get your family member moved into a new and safer place.

If you would like to find out if you have the grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit against a nursing home in Orange City, FL, you can contact Bogin, Munns & Munns. 

You are encouraged to take legal action early on, as Florida does impose a deadline to get your personal injury lawsuit filed. 

According to Florida Statute § 400.0236, you generally have two years from the date of the incident (or when the injuries became known) to come forward with your lawsuit.

To consult with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-780-9986

We Can Help You Regardless of What Abuse Your Loved One Suffered 

At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we are equipped to handle all types of nursing home abuse cases. Nursing home abuse does not only occur in one form. 

Some of the types of cases we are prepared to handle include:

  • Physical abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Psychological and/ or emotional abuse
  • Financial abuse
  • Neglect

Orange City Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

Bogin, Munns & Munns is Here to Manage Your Case

At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we take nursing home abuse cases very seriously. Individuals who choose to relocate to a nursing home (or are placed to live in them by family members) rely on workers to protect them and provide them with the care and assistance they need, not take advantage of their vulnerability and harm them. 

If you or a loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse, contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a free consultation at (386) 860-5200 to learn more about your legal rights and how you can properly exercise them.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.