When creating an estate plan, you are determining how you want your family, finances, and health managed in the future after your passing. Because no one knows when or how they are going to pass, planning now for these events is critical. If you fail to take these steps, that could mean you are leaving your loved ones with unnecessary and unpleasant issues to resolve. When you work carefully with estate planning lawyers, it is possible to ensure your final wishes are carried out.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we have over four decades of combined estate planning service. When you work with an Orange City estate planning lawyer from our team, you can trust that we are delivering the representation you want. Reach out to us today at
The Importance of Orange City Estate Planning
Estate planning services are beneficial no matter the size of the estate. You can take proactive steps toward achieving many goals with an estate plan, including:
- Protecting precious family heirlooms
- Arranging for the transfer of your small business to a beneficiary
- Preparing future generations for receiving and managing assets
- Managing assets before and after a client’s death
It is also possible to develop parameters regarding your medical care when working with your Orange City estate planning lawyer. That way, you are not receiving any medical treatments that go against your wishes. Your lawyer also takes strategic steps toward ensuring that your existing family members do not experience litigation during probate. With nearly limitless options, today’s estate plans are flexible and powerful tools.
To consult with an experienced estate planning lawyer serving Orange, call 855-686-6752
About Orange City Estate Planning Lawyer Tools
Working with an Orange City estate planning lawyer means utilizing the best tools when creating and strategizing your plan. Examples of these tools include:
- A durable power of attorney: if you are incapacitated, this document establishes oversight for your assets as well as the power to make medical decisions, per Florida Statutes, Chapter 765.
- Guardianship: creating this document ensures that your children receive adequate care by naming their guardians, per Florida Statutes, Chapter 744.
- Heath care surrogacy: if you are incapacitated, the health care surrogacy gives another individual the ability to make decisions regarding your medical treatments and care. This too falls under Florida Statutes Chapter 765.
- A living will: while you are still alive, this tool is available to outline your future medical needs and health care plans, per Florida Statutes Chapter 765.
- Trusts: this document allows you to pass on your assets to beneficiaries efficiently and reasonably, per Florida Statutes, Chapter 736.
- Wills: a will outlines the distribution of assets as well as who must manage that distribution as defined and explained under Florida Statutes, Chapter 732.
Orange Estate Planning Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Factors that Could Impact an Existing Orange City Estate Plan
It is not uncommon for retirees to have a primary or secondary home in the state of Florida. Sometimes, these individuals create estate plans from another state. Your Orange City estate planning lawyer is responsible for reviewing plans that adhere to Florida law. However, there are some instances where plans cause significant barriers when admitting them into probate court. It is in the best interest of your estate to consult with a probate lawyer to ensure the estate plan is accomplishing the goals you have under Florida’s law.
Other factors that could impact your existing Orange City estate plan include the following:
- The client going through a divorce
- Divorces occurring with children or other beneficiaries
- the death of beneficiaries, including a spouse or child
- A grandchild born with special needs
- New qualifications of a family member for government benefits
- Significant or severe medical diagnosis
- The sale or purchase of a business or home
- When clients or beneficiaries move between states
- The purchase of vacation or investment property in a different state
Children Turning 18 and Florida State Law
It is not uncommon for some parents to believe they do not need to make changes to their estate plan once their child turns 18. Parents are often surprised after learning that, when their child reaches the age of 18, they can no longer have access to their educational and medical information. Typically, when a child turns 18, they are still relying on one or both of their parent’s guidance and support. That includes financially and medically. That means the child must execute a power of attorney to one or both of their parents. That way, if the child becomes ill, someone they trust is representing them.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for Your Estate Planning Needs
Your needs and goals make up the details of your estate plan. That is why working with an Orange City estate planning lawyer ensures that your plan is comprehensive and goes above and beyond to meet your individual needs. Reach out to Bogin, Munns & Munns at
You can count on your Orange City estate planning lawyer to take a comprehensive approach to review your needs, which include the following examples:
- Employee benefits
- Inheritance-planning for children
- IRA planning
- Marital agreements
- Selecting guardians, representatives, and trustees
- Tax planning for generation-skipping
- Tax planning for married couples
- Utilizing lifetime gifts to reduce your estate
With more than four decades working for clients, those years translate to clients receiving dedication, knowledge, and professionalism. That means, if you are an Orange City resident who has questions or concerns regarding estate planning, we are available to help. Because we understand that clients need guidance during every step of the estate planning process, our team is ready to provide that much-needed assistance. That way, no mistakes occur.
Turn to an Orange City Estate Planning Lawyer
For those who are living in Orange City, our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to assist you with your needs for estate planning. Your Orange City estate planning lawyer takes a comprehensive approach toward achieving your goals in addition to helping your estate avoid probate. Speak to a member of our team today at