It took many years to establish your finances. You may wish to determine how your assets are distributed and who they benefit after you pass. Probate laws and disputes could deplete your property and assets if you have not made clear legal designations for your estate. As a result, the distribution of your estate could occur in ways that you do not believe are favorable. This could create a burden on your family after you pass.
By working carefully with an Ocala estate planning lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns, you may ensure your final wishes are carried out as you see fit.
Whether you know what specific estate planning services you need, or if you are simply beginning to consider the process and would like guided help through protecting your estate, Bogin, Munns & Munns welcomes your call. Reach us today to outline how we can create an estate plan for you.
Common Estate Planning Tools
Bogin, Munns & Munns can use a broad range of tools to meet your estate planning needs. An Ocala estate planning lawyer from our firm can assist you with:
- Durable power of attorney
- End-of-life directives
- Federal estate tax
- Probate avoidance
- Healthcare surrogates
- Living wills and healthcare directives
- Pre-need guardianship documentation
- Medical records privacy waivers
- Special needs planning
- And more
These are not the only estate planning services we may be able to provide. To inquire about services not listed here, or to discuss your unique estate planning needs, call Bogin, Munns & Munns today.
To consult with an experienced estate planning lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-686-6752
Ocala Estate Planning Mistakes and Misconceptions
There is no denying the fact that, one day, we are all going to pass. When that happens, the state of Florida passes many burdens on to surviving family members. Following your passing, it may be their responsibility to divide property, make decisions, and pay expenses. Failure to plan means those burdens may continue to increase.
Estate planning can help you avoid leaving your family with these tasks and allow your assets to be distributed as you intend.
Estate planning is not just a tool for the wealthy, either. Anyone can develop an estate plan, regardless of their assets or estate’s size.
There are also many instances where an Ocala estate planning lawyer works with clients regarding medical issues that have nothing to do with assets or property. In these instances, the estate plan can name who has the authorization to act on your behalf if a situation arises where you are medically incapable of doing so.
To learn more about your options, rights, and opportunities for Ocala estate planning, call Bogin, Munns & Munns today.
Ocala Estate Planning Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Understanding the Probate Process in Ocala
Without a clearly defined estate plan, an individual’s assets may enter a complicated probate process after they pass away. It is not uncommon for families or an estate’s personal representative to have questions about the probate process.
An Ocala estate planning lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you navigate the probate process. Depending on the specifics of your case, we may be able to:
- Ensure all old bank accounts are closed
- Open new bank accounts as necessary
- Complete asset collection and identification
- Strategize how to fairly and expeditiously probate the estate
- Vet and hire all applicable experts
- Identify and locate all of the estate’s beneficiaries
- Transfer the correct assets to the estate’s beneficiaries
- Ensure the deceased’s estate taxes are paid
- Identify the value of the estate
- Manage, preserve, or liquidate the estate as outlined in the plan
Click to contact our Ocala Estate Planning Lawyers today
State Laws for Florida Wills
Florida Statutes § 732.502 outlines how wills must be executed in Florida. Florida Statutes § 732.503 details the governance of self-proving wills. This statute indicates that, for a will to be considered self-proving, it must include an affidavit.
Having a self-proving will is beneficial for those who are trying to avoid probate. According to Florida Statutes § 733.201(1), your lawyer can submit a self-proving will into a probate case without the need for additional proof.
An Ocala estate planning lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you create a self-planning will with appropriate affidavits and can coordinate your estate plans in compliance with all applicable Florida law.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
How Bogin, Munns & Munns Can Help You
Turning to an Ocala estate planning lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns means you are working with a team that understands how to handle the estate planning process.
Having many questions regarding the estate planning process is standard. We can guide you through this process from step one.
When you work with one of our estate planning lawyers, they make it their goal to assist you by:
- Avoiding litigation by ensuring all ambiguities have clarification in advance
- Ensuring there are no mistakes by strategically planning your estate
- Ensuring there are no mistakes, including with your will, to prevent any unnecessary consequences from occurring
- Identifying and navigating any Florida state laws that could apply to your estate
We make it our mission to address all concerns and worries Ocala residents have regarding estate planning. Our firm will remain communicative and responsive to you throughout our work together, answer your questions, and provide legal advice in a timely manner.
How Our Estate Planning Lawyers Serve Families in Ocala*
Creating an estate plan in Ocala is a major undertaking. When our law firm is on your side, we start preparing your case by listening to you, evaluating your specific needs, and understanding your family’s dynamics.
Your estate planning attorney will:
- Help minimize your family’s inheritance and tax liability
- Identify the specific documents you need
- Make modifications and updates to your existing estate plan
- Explain the role of trustees and guide your selections
- Create an accurate list of your property, assets, bank accounts, and more
No two estates in Ocala are exactly alike, which means each estate planning client we represent deserves and receives individual attention. Our estate planning team at Bogin, Munns & Munns plays an important role in creating a comprehensive estate plan for you and ensuring your current and future preferences are clear.
Why Estate Planning Is for Everyone
As noted, many people mistakenly believe estate planning is for wealthy individuals and business owners. In truth, everyone can benefit from estate planning because it allows you to manage more than property distribution matters.
You should consider estate planning if:
- You are of legal age.
- You own real property.
- You have minor children.
- You are part of a blended family.
- You have adult disabled children.
- You have full or partial business ownership.
Estate planning provides peace of mind for you now and your family later. It also helps avoid or alleviate family squabbles after your passing due to disagreements, uncertainty, and misunderstandings.
Understanding the Various Powers of Attorney
Earlier, we mentioned that our team manages matters related to power of attorney. However, there are different designations depending on your situation. The following are some powers of attorney our team creates:
- General — Your power of attorney acts on your behalf in various legal matters as mandated by the state.
- Limited — Your representative acts on your behalf in specific situations for specific time periods.
- Durable — Your power of attorney maintains control of your specific legal and financial matters should you lose the ability to make decisions on your own.
- Medical — Your representative makes decisions related to your health and health care when you can no longer do so for yourself.
- Financial — Your power of attorney manages your financial affairs, including signing checks on your behalf.
Our legal team will make sure you understand each of these types of powers of attorneys and which ones your estate plan needs. Your power of attorney can have as much power as you want a representative to have.
See Why Families Trust Bogin, Munns & Munns
When we handle your case, we make sure your voice is heard and your wishes are clear. Our previous estate planning clients leave reviews like the following:
- Lisa Panos: I work with Sandy Valbh (Wills, Trusts, Power of Atty)…a graduate of Georgetown Law, and extremely knowledgeable, as well as easy to talk with regarding these matters…I highly recommend Mr. Valbh as well as other attorneys at the firm…They are honest, ethical, and work for their clients.
- J. Merced: There is truly no other Law Firm like this one! From the family values that are at their core to the care and commitment the attorneys have towards their clients, there truly is no comparison!
When you are ready to create your estate planning documents, we are ready to help streamline the process.
Reach Out to Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
Start taking steps toward creating your estate plan today to ensure peace of mind later. An Ocala estate planning lawyer from our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can handle all of your estate planning needs.
To get started, call one of our estate planning team members today.