Table of Contents:
- Why Choose Bogin, Munns & Munns for Your Ocala Wrongful Death Case?
- Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents in Ocala
- Wrongful Deaths from Fatal Boating Accidents in Ocala
- Fatal Construction Accidents in Ocala
- Pursuing Compensation and Recoverable Damages for a Wrongful Death in Ocala
- Wrongful Death FAQs
- Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns Today for a Free Consultation
The unexpected death of a family member is an immensely difficult experience. Worse, handling the grief of this loss is often compounded by a web of legal and financial concerns if the death occurred because of another person’s actions or failures to act.
You may recover fair compensation for your life-altering damages if you lost a loved one or family member due to another party’s negligence. An Ocala personal injury lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns will seek justice on your behalf. Our legal team will identify all liable parties and lead your case from start to finish.
There are several reasons to hire your Ocala wrongful death attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns, including:
- Our four-plus decades of legal experience, which has allowed our firm to hone its legal processes to maximum efficiency
- Our office in Ocala, which will serve as the headquarters for your case—this office has also made us familiar with Ocala’s civil justice network and created strong bonds with the local community
- Our team of 40+ dedicated lawyers, who intend to win every wrongful death case they accept
- Our tireless dedication to clients, which manifests as a relentless work ethic and endless well of compassion for our clients
You’re in capable, proven hands when you hire your lawyer from our firm. We handle a wide array of case types, including:
To consult with an experienced wrongful death lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-780-9986
Someone’s passing is wrongful when it results from one or more parties’ negligence. Fatal car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and pedestrian accidents are some of the most common events that lead to a wrongful death lawsuit.
We see fatal motor vehicle accidents result from:
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving (including speeding)
- Drowsy driving
- Knowing or unwitting disregard for traffic signs and signals
- Lack of understanding of road rules
- Dangerous road conditions
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Defective products, including defective vehicle components
Distracted driving is a widespread problem across the United States. Florida drivers are no exception to this dangerous behavior, which is why the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) began enforcing the Wireless Communications While Driving Law in 2019.
When drivers become distracted by smartphones, tablets, or other electronic devices, they behave negligently. This negligence places themselves, pedestrians, and other drivers in harm’s way. Distracted driving accidents are entirely avoidable. Florida’s texting while driving law punishes drivers found guilty of operating an electronic device behind the wheel.
You can also hold a distracted driver civilly liable if they’ve claimed your loved one’s life.
Ocala Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Boating accidents are another common source of wrongful death in Florida. Boating is a popular leisure activity for locals and tourists alike. As a result, boating accidents occur more frequently in Florida than in most other areas of the country.
Many boating accidents cause severe injuries, some of which are fatal. Data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security highlights just how many boating accidents there were in the United States in 2018.
Reports indicate that in 2018, the Coast Guard attended 4,145 accidents. These accidents caused 633 deaths and 2,511 injuries. Property damage from recreational boating accidents amounted to about $46 million.
You deserve justice for any fatal boating accident that has affected you and your loved ones.
Click to contact our Ocala Wrongful Death Lawyers today
Construction sites pose serious risks for workers and pedestrians. Improper use or malfunction of heavy equipment, slip and falls, and dangerous building materials can all cause injuries and wrongful death on a worksite.
A construction-related wrongful death claim can be overwhelming to handle on your own. An Ocala wrongful death lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns will manage every detail of your case.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
If you lost a loved one to a negligent act, you may be eligible to receive compensation. This compensation is a crucial means of getting justice and helping you mitigate loss-related damages. Our firm has the utmost empathy for your loss and understands you probably don’t want to deal with a legal case—it is just a necessary step to move forward.
Let us lead your case in Ocala so you can:
- Avoid possible trauma
- Focus on your mental health
- Be with loved ones in relative peace
- Harness the benefits of an experienced, well-resourced legal team
Our team will investigate the fatal incident and identify liable parties. We will then pursue any forms of compensation you are entitled to.
Recoverable Damages in an Ocala Wrongful Death Case
Florida Statutes § 768.19 allows certain family members to pursue damages following a loved one’s tragic passing. This category generally includes the victim’s spouse, parents, and children.
Possible forms of compensation that you may be able to pursue include:
- Loss of services and financial support
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
While financial compensation will not reverse the pain you experienced in losing someone close to you, it can help you handle any financial obligations left behind. A lawyer from our team will demand that responsible parties pay fairly for the harm they’ve caused you.
Some common questions we field from wrongful death clients include:
When a loved one dies after an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death suit. If your case is successful, you may be able to get your settlement in a few ways:
- Lump-Sum Payments: With this type of settlement, you receive your payment all at once.
- Structured Settlements: In this agreement, you receive regular payments from the at-fault party until the settlement amount is reached.
A lawyer can help you explore which option best suits your needs.
Typically, settlements for a wrongful death case are not taxable. However, some forms of awards from general personal injury cases are taxed, including some emotional damages. Punitive damages in a wrongful death case are not usually taxable. A lawyer from our firm can advise you on taxable settlements in your case.
In Florida, possible recipients of a wrongful death settlement include:
- A spouse
- The deceased’s child or children
- Parents of the deceased
Other family members may also qualify. Determining eligibility for filing a lawsuit and receiving a settlement can be tricky, so let our firm help.
During your free consultation with our team, you can ask any other questions you may have about your case.
Wrongful deaths are challenging for many reasons. Having a lawyer investigate the case and fight on your behalf can help ease some of your stress so you can heal and recover. Be with your loved ones while our legal team resolves your case fairly and efficiently.
An Ocala wrongful death lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns will fight for justice on your behalf. Our attorneys will work to gather relevant evidence and pursue a settlement from any parties involved in the incident.
If we cannot settle your claim, we can continue the fight for justice by defending your position in trial. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today for your free consultation.