Car accidents can happen any time you enter a vehicle, and rideshare accidents can be particularly complex with several parties involved. If you were the victim of a rideshare accident, it is important to understand your legal options, so you are not taken advantage of.
You could be eligible for financial compensation, depending on the details of your case. An Ocala rideshare accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you learn more before it is too late.
How a Rideshare Accident Lawyer Could Help
If you are considering hiring a lawyer following your rideshare accident, it is worth learning the many possible benefits of legal representation. Explore the following benefits of having a lawyer represent you in your case:
- Assist with filling out paperwork, saving you time and stress
- Can help put your case together in an organized fashion
- Gather evidence
- Help you establish third-party liability based on the details of your case
- File your claim
- Keep your case on track by flagging any important deadlines coming up
- Answer questions that come up during your claim, which can be particularly valuable if you are unfamiliar with the claims process
- Help you understand possible compensatory amounts to allow you to better plan for life after your accident
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Act as your support system during this uncertain chapter of your life
Finding the Right Team
If you decide to hire a lawyer, remember that not all rideshare accident lawyers in the Ocala area are equal. Some qualities you might be searching for are experience, a history of winning cases, and a dedication to each client. You could be looking for a team that will fight for you no matter what.
The good news is that our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns has all these qualities and more. We are proud of our reviews, which serve as all the evidence you need that we will fight for every dime you deserve. During your search for the right team, remember our devoted team at Bogin, Munns & Munns.
To consult with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-686-6752
Compensation for Ocala Rideshare Accident Victims
Compensation in rideshare accident cases varies and generally depends on how you suffered. For example, if you suffered physical injuries, compensation could include reimbursement for medical expenses. If you experienced emotional trauma from your accident, it is possible to recover damages for a decrease in your quality of life or other psychological effects. Additionally, you could recover one or more of the following:
- Compensation for the income you missed out on due to your rideshare accident
- Compensation for any dependents you might have
- Compensation in wrongful death cases
- Reimbursement for damage to personal property
- Compensation for temporary/permanent disability
- And more
Depending on your suffering, you could recover damages in the five or six figures. In fact, there is no ceiling on compensatory amounts, although they are generally commensurate with the severity of your injuries or losses.
Ocala Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Proving Liability in Rideshare Accident Cases
Proving liability in rideshare accident cases is important, and in many cases, makes the difference between recovering compensation and being left with nothing. Working with our Ocala rideshare accident lawyer can help you gauge the strength of your claim. There are many provable ways in which a third party could be at fault while using a rideshare service.
Examples of Third-Party Fault
Examples of fault in rideshare accidents could include:
- A driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Breaking traffic laws, like failing to stop at a red light, improperly merging, and more
- Driving irresponsibly in inclement weather
- Poor road conditions, possibly due to negligence on behalf of the governing authorities
- Driving an unsafe vehicle
- Inexperienced drivers who were hired by Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service
- Road rage incidents
- Any form of verbal or physical abuse by a rideshare driver
- Much more
When your lawyer investigates your case, they can determine what went wrong and pursue the negligent party for the compensation they owe you.
Click to contact our Ocala Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Rideshare Accidents Are Unique
One of the most distinctly unique aspects of rideshare accidents is the insurance parties involved. In most cases, rideshare drivers are using their personal vehicles. That means their personal insurance covers any accidents occurring while the app is off. But once an app is engaged, the app service has insurance to cover drivers.
You can see how easy it is for rideshare accident insurance disputes to come about, with several parties involved. To make things even more complicated, there are different insurance limits depending on which phase a ride is in.
Things can get murky, and you do not want to be taken advantage of as a victim. The best thing you can do following an accident, after of course making sure you are physically well, is to protect yourself legally. This could include limiting the amount of information you divulge about your accident until you review your case with our Ocala rideshare accident lawyer.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
The Florida Statute of Limitations in Rideshare Accidents
The statute of limitations for rideshare accidents and other vehicle accidents is typically four years (Florida Statute § 95.11). The clock starts ticking the moment of your accident. Because you have limited time to take legal action, it is in your best interest to speak with us soon if you are considering filing a claim.
Four years may seem like a long time, but there is plenty of work to do to ensure a compelling case. So, don’t delay, and enlist legal help now. The sooner we get started on your case, the better.
Our Firm Serving Marion County Is Here to Help
A rideshare accident can bring you physical, emotional, and financial pain. If another party caused your accident, you deserve compensation. Our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is available to discuss your case and help you with your next steps. Contact us now to learn more during a free consultation.