Since family law cases involve parties who are related by blood, marriage, or some other personal relationship, the litigation can become an emotionally charged and strenuous process. In these cases, we advise litigants to retain legal counsel. If you live in Florida and are facing a family problem, an Ocala family law lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns may be able to resolve your tough family disputes or help navigate a wide range of family-related issues. Our law firm handles cases of alternative dispute resolution, child support & custody enforcement and modification, defense, and prosecution of relocation actions. To discuss your case with a member of our team, give us a call at (407) 578-9696.
How Do I Know if I Need a Family Law Lawyer?
Since family law deals with family matters and relationships, it can be tough to determine when to seek legal help since there may be feelings of intrusion due to the presence of a third-party. Though your feelings are valid, you may need a family law lawyer if you find yourself in one of the situations listed below.
- Getting married: though it seems odd, it may be necessary to consult a family law lawyer before proceeding to get married. A family law lawyer can help you navigate the legal requirements for marriage in Florida and help you understand your legal responsibilities and rights. They can also draft a prenuptial agreement, per Florida Statutes §61.079, if there are pre-owned assets to protect, a steep imbalance of wealth between the couple, or descendants from previous relationships or marriages. This agreement also comes in handy if you want to secure your future. In the unfortunate event of a death or divorce, a prenuptial agreement determines how to divide all assets.
- Getting a divorce: it is no secret that finalizing a divorce can be a difficult process. Depending on the circumstances, it can take a few months to several years to settle completely. In most cases, the legal issues that make the process draining include domestic conflicts, spousal abuse, negligence, child custody, alimony, property division, and property ownership. When you hire a family law lawyer, they can protect your rights, communicate your demands, and negotiate with your interests in mind. They will also help you navigate the divorce process by advising you on the best course of action, depending on the strength of your case.
- Conflict over child custody: even after the divorce, each parent has the right to care and protect their children. In the face of misunderstandings and lingering issues stemming from the divorce, disagreements over custody arrangement can arise. In such a situation, you could possibly benefit from the counsel and guidance of an Ocala family law lawyer. They can help you fight for your right to have full or shared custody. In a child custody lawsuit, the state requires you to prove that you are in good financial standing and can secure their future, as well as cater to their general well-being. A family law lawyer can help you navigate this process.
- Adopting a child: though it is an exciting process, it can take months to finalize due to the legalities involved. A family law lawyer can help make your adoption a success as many fail due to the legal issues that may arise. Per Florida Statutes Title VI, Chapter 63, to successfully adopt a child you must prove to the state or child welfare services that you can take care of an adopted child financially, emotionally, mentally, and physically. This is where a family law lawyer comes in. They can help you file all paperwork accurately, present the documents to the authorized entities, and settle any disputes.
- In light of family conflicts: since family law lawyers resolve family disputes, it may be in your best interest to retain representation to protect your rights and interests in the best possible light. This action may be particularly necessary if the other litigants hire lawyers to represent them. Such family disputes include property settlements, custody arrangements, and contesting a will. Another reason why family law lawyers are important is that they can help settle the case without going to court. They can also act as mediators to resolve legal arguments and other disputes among family members without further escalating an already emotionally charged situation.
To consult with an experienced family law lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-686-6752
Hiring a Family Law Lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns
When you decide that hiring a family law lawyer may be in your and family’s best interests, consider contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns at (407) 578-9696 to discuss your case with a member of our legal team. We handle a wide range of family law areas, including but not limited to:
- Paternity actions
- Children’s advocacy
- Alimony modification
- Property division and settlement
- Domestic violence injunctions
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Defense and prosecution of relocation actions
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreement
- Child support & custody enforcement and modification
Ocala Family Law Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Let Us Work for You
Whether you need a prenuptial agreement drawn up or help establishing paternity, Bogin, Munns & Munns family law attorneys can assist you. We can help you navigate your litigation and help fight for the outcome you deserve. Our family law lawyers can also tailor your case to meet your specific needs. If you live in Florida and require legal assistance for your family disputes, do not hesitate to hire an Ocala family law lawyer from our law firm. You can do this by calling us at (407) 578-9696 today.