Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are incredibly convenient around Orange City and the Greater Orlando area. These apps make it easy for locals and tourists alike to get from point A to point B. But like other vehicles on the road, rideshares are not immune to auto accidents.
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident, you may be confused about what to do next. An Orange City rideshare accident lawyer can help you choose your next steps and explore your legal options. Bogin, Munns & Munns can assist you in holding liable parties accountable for your rideshare accident and getting you compensation for your injuries and lost income.
Bogin, Munns & Munns Can Help You After a Rideshare Accident
When you work with an Orange City rideshare accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns, you can expect us to help you with these important tasks and more:
- Collecting evidence of your accident
- Investigating how your rideshare accident occurred
- Determining who is at fault
- Identifying all liable parties and possible sources of compensation
- Calculating the full scope of your damages
- Filing insurance claims
- Handling all communications with insurance companies and other parties
- Negotiating a settlement that works for you and your family
- Settling your case out of court or filing a lawsuit
Bogin, Munns & Munns has served clients in the Greater Orlando area for over 40 years. Our team has been recognized as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum after successfully recovering millions of dollars for clients suffering from many personal injuries. That includes those who have suffered at the hands of negligent drivers and other parties during rideshare accidents.
We’re dedicated to serving all accident victims and their families by providing high-quality and personalized legal counsel. That’s why we offer free consultations—so you can learn the value of your case, risk-free.
To consult with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-780-9986
You Deserve Compensation for Your Orange City Rideshare Accident
Filing insurance claims and negotiating a fair settlement can be a big challenge after a rideshare accident. Insurance companies may try to undermine your claim by only calculating economic damages—those that have a clear monetary value—and paying you less than what you deserve. It can also be hard to determine which parties are liable since insurance companies may deny liability if evidence is not 100% clear.
The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you calculate all your damages and fight for the amount you deserve. You can claim many damages after a rideshare accident, including:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Lost income, including salary, wages, tips, benefits, and bonuses
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage to your vehicle and/or personal belongings
- Wrongful death and costs for the burial and lost household income support
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Disability and scarring
Our team will identify and pursue all possible sources of compensation. Which parties we can hold liable depends on whether the accident occurred while a rideshare driver was actively using the app. Some sources of compensation we can pursue include all at-fault drivers’ insurance policies, the insurance policy through Uber or Lyft, or another third party.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for a Rideshare Accident?
The settlement for a rideshare accident in Orange City varies greatly. So, we’re not able to give you an estimate of how much you could get for your accident until we review the specific facts of your case.
Here are some factors we’ll look at when calculating the value of your rideshare accident claim:
- Your age at the time of the accident
- Type and severity of your injuries
- When the accident occurred
- How the accident occurred
- Which parties are responsible
Orange City Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Types of Rideshare Accidents Our Lawyers Handle
The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns handles all types of rideshare accidents. We handle Uber and Lyft accidents. We also help rideshare passengers, rideshare drivers, and other road users not in an Uber or Lyft.
Some of the most common types of rideshare accidents we handle include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone wrecks
- Motorcycle and rideshare accidents
- Bicycle and rideshare accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
If your rideshare accident was caused by another type of accident not listed above, we still want to help. You can work with a rideshare accident attorney from Orange City, Florida to explore your options for holding negligent road users accountable for your accident.
Who Is Responsible for My Orange City Rideshare Accident?
Your Orange City rideshare accident lawyer may investigate the following parties to determine responsibility for the accident:
- A rideshare driver
- Another driver or motorist
- A third party, such as a construction company or municipality in charge of maintaining roads
Click to contact our Orange City Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
What to Do If You’ve Been in a Rideshare Accident in Orange City
If you’ve been in a rideshare accident around Orange City, follow these steps while at the scene and after you’ve left to promote a positive outcome in your case:
- Seek medical attention: Call 9-1-1 and get emergency medical services to the scene immediately. Get care for wounds while at the scene. If you’ve already left, you should see a doctor to assess your injuries, even if you feel that your injuries are not severe or you haven’t been injured.
- File a police report: Provide information about the accident to the police. This report is key in filing insurance claims and documents.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company: You should also contact Uber or Lyft to report the accident to them. This can start the formal claims process. If you are a rideshare driver or passenger, you can report an accident through the app. If you were not in an Uber or Lyft at the time of the accident, you must report the accident from their website.
- Swap contact and insurance information: All drivers should provide contact and insurance information to one another. Take down license plate information, too. You’ll need this to file insurance claims.
- Call an Orange City rideshare accident lawyer: As soon as you can, you should consider calling a personal injury lawyer to handle the investigation, claims, and legal tasks so you can focus on recovery.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident in the Orange City, Florida, area, contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a free consultation. The sooner you start working with us, the more time we have to work on your case and help you get the best possible outcome.