If you or a loved one was hurt in a scooter accident, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your damages. You could collect compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
If you are looking for legal assistance, an Orange City scooter accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns has the resources you need. Our team may be able to help you file a legal claim and seek compensation for your damages. Call (386) 860-5200 for a free, no-obligation case review today.
Scooter Collisions and Other Scooter-Related Accidents
Scooter accidents can happen for many different reasons. Sometimes, scooter riders collide with a passenger vehicle. The driver of the other vehicle may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, distracted by their surroundings, or willfully ignoring traffic safety regulations.
Collisions between a scooter and a passenger vehicle are often severe. The scooter rider may be seriously injured or even suffer a fatality. Scooter accidents may also occur when a negligent scooter driver crashes into a pedestrian on the street or sidewalk. Scooters can present trip and fall dangers to pedestrians as well.
Sometimes, a scooter accident is not caused by an individual’s negligent conduct but rather the negligent conduct of a company. If a scooter designer or manufacturer creates a scooter with defects that make it unsafe, the company may be responsible for accidents that result. Scooter rental companies may also be to blame for negligent scooter maintenance or other oversights that increase the chances of an accident.
Liable Parties for a Scooter Injury
In a legal action such as a personal injury claim, the party who is legally responsible for damages is the liable party. The liable party in your scooter accident claim may be:
- A scooter driver who drove unsafely or otherwise caused an accident
- The driver of a car, truck, or van who caused the incident by driving drunk, texting and driving, or otherwise driving recklessly
- A scooter manufacturing company who created a defective scooter or scooter part
- The government entity that failed to ensure the roads, bike lanes, and sidewalks did not contain unreasonable hazards
- A scooter rental company whose negligence resulted in a scooter malfunction
To consult with an experienced scooter accident lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-686-6752
Damages You May Be Able to Receive
Regardless of how your accident occurred, you probably have concerns about the effect your injuries will have on your life. Scooter-related injuries can be painful and may incur thousands of dollars in medical bills. Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses. You could collect compensation for:
- Past, present, and future medical costs related to your injuries
- Mental anguish and physical pain caused by your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses resulting from your injuries
- Lost wages from the time you spent off of work while you were recovering
- Future lost wages from missed work due to follow-up medical care
- Property damage
- Any impairment to your income-earning ability
Wrongful Death Claims Involving Scooters
Some scooter accidents are deadly. If your loved one was killed in a scooter accident, you may have a valid wrongful death claim. Florida Statutes § 768.21 states that surviving family members of individuals killed in wrongful death accidents may also be able to recover damages. If your loved one died in a scooter accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- The victim’s lost wages and employment benefits
- The loss of the victim’s services, care, and companionship
- The mental suffering your family experienced as a result
- Medical bills from treatment the victim received between the accident and their death
- Funeral and burial expenses
Orange City Scooter Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
An Orange City Scooter Accident Lawyer Can Assist You
If you were injured or a loved one passed away in a scooter accident, a scooter accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to help. Our team understands what is involved in a successful scooter accident claim and how to best seek out compensation for your damages. We can provide valuable legal support and guidance throughout your case.
To win your claim, you will need to show that:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The liable party breached the duty of care
- You or your loved one suffered injuries as a result of the breach of care
- You sustained damages because of the death or personal injury
Evidence in a Scooter Accident Claim
A scooter accident attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you demonstrate each of the necessary elements and build a compelling case. We can help you find evidence of the defendant’s negligence as well as evidence that validates your damages claim. This may include:
- Camera footage from red-light cameras, surveillance cameras, and dashboard cameras
- Vehicle debris and other types of forensic evidence
- Medical records
- Testimony from medical professionals
- Testimony from accident reconstructionists and other “expert witnesses”
- Eyewitness statements
- Scooter maintenance records
- Scooter rental company policies and procedures
- Data from event data recorders
- Police reports
Often, scooter accident claims are brought against the liable party’s insurance company. Our team can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf so that you can focus on feeling better. We will fight for a fair settlement that covers your economic and non-economic damages. If we cannot reach a satisfactory settlement outside of litigation, we are prepared to advocate for you in court.
Call our office at (386) 860-5200 today for your free consultation.
Click to contact our Orange City Scooter Accident Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for Scooter Accident Claims
Personal injury claims in Florida are subject to a four-year statute of limitations, while wrongful death claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations (Florida Statutes § 95.11). However, certain factors can influence these restrictions, which is why it is important to get started on your claim as soon as possible. If you do not file your claim within the applicable statute of limitations, the court can refuse to hear the case.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Call Today for Your Free, No-Obligation Consultation
If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a scooter accident, an Orange City scooter accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process. The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to help you pursue the financial compensation you need and deserve. Call our office at (386) 860-5200 to get started with your free, confidential case consultation today.