Ocala Workplace Injury Lawyer

warehouse worker lying on the floor after an accident
workplace, compensation, injury, accident, workers, lawsuit, legal, case, damages, employer

If another party is found liable for your injuries after a workplace accident, you may be eligible to collect compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.

If you are considering filing a workers’ compensation claim, or you wish to pursue a lawsuit, our law firm can be there to help you protect your rights.

Our workplace accident lawyers proudly represent victims in Ocala, and we want to address any questions you may have throughout this process. The way we see it, you probably have enough to worry about as it is. We want you to feel comfortable and confident knowing that your case is being handled by our team of legal professionals.

Fighting for Your Rights With a Workplace Injury Lawyer With Our Firm

When you retain an Ocala attorney at Bogin, Munns & Munns for your workplace case, they can take over your case and give you some much-needed time to rest and recuperate.

During our four decades of legal services, we have made it a point to provide legal services that match your specific needs. Some of these services include:

  • Teaching you about the legal system
  • Offering legal advice
  • Negotiating settlements
  • Managing communication
  • Guiding you during the workers’ compensation process
  • Working on lawsuits
  • Determining liability
  • Calculating damages
  • Studying the local laws in Ocala
  • Litigating your case in civil court
  • And more

To consult with an experienced workplace injury lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-780-9986

What Types of Damages Can I Recover in a Workplace Injury Case?

If you decide to file a workers’ compensation claim after your accident, you may qualify for some of the same damages as you would in a lawsuit. However, you cannot collect compensation for your emotional and physical damages in a worker’s compensation claim.

Ultimately, recoverable damages are meant to be eclectic, covering a variety of ailments and hardships that you have experienced since your accident. In addition to covering your damages up to the present day, you may be eligible for compensation related to your long-term hardships.

Different types of recoverable damages in a lawsuit include:

  • Loss of quality of life
  • Physical therapy
  • Long-term disabilities
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of long-term income due to injury
  • Physical therapy
  • Medical treatments
  • Repairing damaged property
  • And more

Accurately Assessing Your Damages

When it comes to seeking justice, documenting your losses is half the battle. That is where we can help.

At our Ocala office, you can meet with us and figure out the best way to calculate the value of your damages.

After we establish a financial value for your case, we can stand up for your rights in civil court and represent your affairs during any settlement negotiations.

Ocala Workplace Injury Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

Answering Your Questions About Workplace Injuries

Compared to other accidents, workplace accidents tend to be more complicated because they have the potential to deal with many different types of laws, insurance policies, and legal precedents. As a result, victims are often left confused about where to turn and what to do next.

Research from the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) deals with some of the most common questions you may be asking yourself at a time like this, including:

What Is the Typical Amount of Compensation for a Workplace Injury?

In most cases, if your claim is approved, you will receive about two-thirds of your average weekly wages.

How Much Time Do I Have To Report My Accident to My Employer?

To remain eligible for compensation, you must report your accident to your employer within 30 days of your accident.

How Long Until I Receive My First Payment?

Your first check should arrive within 21 days of your workplace injury, starting on the day you reported your injury to your employer.

What if My Employer Does Not Report My Accident to Their Insurance Company?

You may be within your rights to sue your employer if they do not respect the terms of your workers’ compensation policy. Additionally, you can report your accident to their insurance company so you can move forward with the claims process.

Do I Have To Receive Medical Treatment From a Special Doctor?

Yes. To qualify for workers’ compensation insurance, you need to receive medical treatment from a pre-approved medical professional. Your employer and their insurance company should have a list of places for you to seek medical attention.

However, you are allowed to receive immediate treatment from an emergency room without repercussions.

How Long Can I Get Disability Payments?

Temporary disability payments can last up to 104 weeks. That applies to both Temporary Total Disability (TTD) and Temporary Partial Disability (TPD).

Is There a Time Limit on Filing a Lawsuit After a Workplace Injury?

Yes. For workers’ compensation claims, you must report your injury within 30 days to your employer. You also have up to two years to file for these benefits. However, there are some workplace injuries that may involve a third party who behaved negligently. In this case, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit.

If this applies, you must file your personal injury lawsuit against this third party within two years of the date of the incident. Make sure you file your lawsuit on time so you don’t risk losing your right to compensation. No matter what, our firm can review your case and explore your legal options with you.

Click to contact our Ocala Workplace Injury Lawyers today

Understanding Your Legal Options After a Workplace Accident

Aside from workers’ compensation claims, you are also within your rights to file a lawsuit against many different parties after a workplace accident.

Some of the most common targets for workplace injury cases include:

  • Property owners
  • Manufacturers
  • Civilians
  • Sub-contractors
  • Government organizations
  • Employees
  • And more

While it is difficult to sue your employer after a workplace accident, it is possible. Florida law allows you to sue your employer if they put you in an extremely dangerous situation or they intentionally caused your accident.

Submit a Consultation Request form today

Call Today for a Free Consultation

For more information about filing a workplace injury claim or lawsuit, contact one of our team members today at (352) 649-3701 to get started with your free consultation

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.