One of the most valuable yet least protected assets a company or individual can have is their intellectual property. A company’s intellectual property consists of many tangible and intangible forms, including copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and trademarks. The vital success of many business executives and creative individuals depends on these components. Intellectual laws are in place to protect these innovations from exploitation and unauthorized use from a third party. That way, individuals can receive the full benefits of their creations.
We have assisted organizations with the development and commercialization of their intellectual property assets. Our services also extend to the creation and set up of technology transfer offices to assist professionals with negotiations or closing transactions. It is beneficial to have a professional Orange City intellectual property lawyer on your side. Contact one of our knowledgeable intellectual property lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns at (407) 578-9696 to discuss the circumstances of your case.
Orange City Intellectual Property Lawsuits
Intellectual property lawsuits are one of the many actions in which our firm has expertise. We work on these cases on behalf of businesses, as well as individuals. The following are examples of Orange City intellectual property lawsuits we handle:
- Likeness or trade secret misappropriation
- Copyright or trademark infringement
- Infringement of online intellectual property, including cyber privacy
- Unfair or deceptive competition or business practices
About Patent Infringement Litigation in Florida
According to the United States Code Title 35 – Patents, we learn that anyone making, selling, or using products infringing on patents could be held liable. While some attempt to use ignorance as a defense regarding not knowing about the existence of a patent, that is not a viable defense in a lawsuit.
If you, your company, or brand is the victim of patent infringement, an Orange City intellectual property lawyer is available to help you file for damages. In doing so, it might be possible for you to receive compensation for your lost profits or royalties.
Copyright Infringement Actions in Orange City
The Copyright Law of the United States indicates that the owner of a copyright has exclusive rights regarding reproducing, distributing, performing, displaying, and licensing their work. When corporations or individuals infringe on this right, our team of intellectual property lawyers might be able to help you seek damages. Examples of damages include awards for profits accrued by the copyright infringer, as well as those for a previous infringement.
Additionally, if a corporation knowingly and willfully infringes upon a copyright, courts might assess other damages. These damages are commensurate with any harm the victim might be suffering. If it is appropriate for your situation, our lawyers might also be able to negotiate licensing agreements with the company infringing as an alternative to the litigation process.
Litigating Trademark Infringement in Florida
It is the responsibility of your Orange City intellectual property lawyer to handle cases involving trademark infringement. Examples of these lawsuits include:
- Disputes regarding branding, misappropriation of names, and images
- Lawsuits involving unfair use of trademarks, cybersquatting, domain names, and other online trademark infringements
- Violations regarding the rights of a celebrity
- False or misleading advertising
- Infringements involving trade dress
State and federal laws offer protection for trademarks. You can find the federal trademark law under the Trademark Act of 1976, which outlines 37 C.F.R. Part 2- Rules of Practice in Trademark Cases. The 2000 Florida Statutes is where Florida’s trademark law is available, which includes Title XXXIII, Chapter 195.
Reach Out to Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
You can count on our group of knowledgeable and professional lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns to provide advice and counsel regarding intellectual property law. We have an Orange City Intellectual property lawyer who commits to helping you with every aspect of your case. Because your lawyer must obtain and secure evidence before it vanishes, you must act immediately. You can contact us by dialing (407) 578-9696 today.
When you work with our firm, we make it our goal to help you and your company receive protection for trademark interests, copyrights, and patents. In addition to that protection, we also work diligently toward achieving the following:
- Conducting or formulating searches for Right to Use or Freedom-to-Operate.
- Evaluating new patent technologies
- Filing provisional patent applications
- Filing and, if necessary, prosecuting utility patents and non-provisional design patents
- Identifying and registering intellectual property rights and, if necessary, policing them
- Protecting all intellectual properties, both inbound and outbound
- Providing client representation during the trial and appeals process
- Submitting U.S. Patent Office, trademark, and copyright filings regularly
With over 40 years of proven litigation experience, our firm consists of intellectual property lawyers with the highest level of dedication, experience, and professionalism. Therefore, we know the best approaches for helping clients in need of intellectual property support and litigation.
Orange City Intellectual Property Lawsuit Recoverable Damages
According to the Legal Information Institute on federal copyright law, 17 U.S.C. § 504(b), copyright owners are entitled to recovering actual damages they suffer resulting from the infringement. Under this law, we also learn that it is also possible for victims to receive any profits attributing to infringement. When you are working with your Orange City intellectual property lawyer, it is their responsibility to prove the gross revenues earned by the infringer.
Victims of infringement could also receive the following examples of recoverable damages:
- Infringer profit awards: victims can receive these damages only when they exceed what the victim loses as a result of the defendant’s infringement.
- Statutory awards: these damages are available to plaintiffs under the Trademark Act. The law sets these damages, which include monetary compensation. Defendants are eligible to receive this compensation if, within three months or more before the infringement, they registered their intellectual property with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Contact an Orange City Intellectual Property Lawyer
Are you concerned that you might be a victim of a trademark, patent, or copyright infringement? If you believe this is your situation, our team of lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns is here to represent your case. An Orange City intellectual property lawyer is available to help offer the protection you need and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact one of the representatives from our legal team today at (407) 578-9696.