Many businesses protect their company and trade secrets with patents and other legal devices used to safeguard their secrets to success. If you need guidance and direction to protect yours, our Titusville intellectual property lawyer can walk you through Florida’s legal system. We make sure you understand each step of this complex process and each component required to protect your inventions and innovations from unaware or unscrupulous third-party intervention.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our legal team helps businesses, organizations, and individuals who need assistance putting these important protections in place. Our familiarity with intellectual property law means we can help you avoid common errors that might impede your ability to put the right protections in place. When assets that are valuable to you and your business are at risk, you can count on our team to help protect your tangible and intangible assets.
When You Need a Trademark for Your Intellectual Property
Trademarks are in place to protect an individual or business and their words, names, symbols, sounds, and colors—the features that distinguish your products and services from others.
When our intellectual property attorney helps you register your trademark, you are granted exclusive use of the name, logo, and brand. Our Titusville intellectual property attorney will explain when you need a trademark and how you can ensure it is properly maintained.
How Long does a Trademark Last?
According to Florida Statutes § 495.071, your registered trademark is valid for five years from the date of issuance. At the end of the five-year period, your trademark can be renewed if:
- The application for renewal is made in the six-month period prior to the trademark’s expiration
- The associated fee is paid in full to the appropriate office or department
A trademark filed with the USPTO lasts significantly longer. When our intellectual property attorney handles your case, we make sure every detail is taken care of. That means we ensure the required statement is included with your renewal asserting that your trademark is in use in the state. We also make sure the required specimen or evidence of use is attached.
To consult with an experienced intellectual property lawyer serving Titusville, call 855-780-9986
When You Need a Patent for Your Intellectual Property
The first part of determining whether or not you need the protection of a patent is understanding the different types of patents that are available. According to United State Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) guidelines, you can apply for one of three types of patents.
Patent options include:
- Utility patents. These are for inventions and discoveries of new processes, machines, articles of manufacture, and compositions of matters. Utility patents are the most often requested type.
- Design patents. These are for new, original, or ornamental design articles of manufacture.
- Plant patents. These are for inventions and discoveries that produce or reproduce a new plant variety.
Our lawyer will explain which category is right for you. He will also explain the patent application and maintenance process.
How Long Is a Patent Valid?
The length of time your patent remains valid varies with the patent type. Accordingly:
- A utility patent is typically valid for 20 years. Maintaining your patent may require the periodic payment of associated fees.
- A design patent is typically valid for 15 years. This may vary depending on the date the patent was issued.
- A plant patent is typically valid for 20 years. Once expired, it falls into the public domain.
A trade secret has no expiration date. It is always valid while it remains commercially viable.
Titusville Intellectual Property Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Let Bogin, Munns & Munns Handle Your Intellectual Property Case in Titusville
Protecting intellectual property is a critical part of building a successful business. More than registering trademarks, copyrights, and patents, the process also involves protecting these and other legal devices which can include seeking compensation when your rights are infringed upon.
Our intellectual property lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns helps businesses and individuals in Titusville:
- Representing you at hearings and trials
- Filing appeals on your behalf
- Preparing applications for technology patents
- Completing and submitting provisional patent applications
- Filing and protecting relevant non-provisional design and utility patents
- Submitting trademark, patent, and copyright filings as needed
While you focus on developing and growing your business, our legal team can deal with the complexities of intellectual property disputes and infringements. We ensure you understand the processes involved but handle all the details and hard work for you.
Our Law Firm Handles Your Intellectual Property Disputes in Titusville
Intellectual property disputes do not have to disrupt or derail your business. You can focus on growing your company while we focus on protecting it. When our law firm handles your intellectual property matter, we work hard to protect your business. We also help you seek financial compensation for any infringements of your trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property.
Read About Our Commitment to Outstanding Client Service And Support
The legal team you choose to protect your company is important. When you choose Bogin, Munns & Munns, you get the same responsive, service and support these clients received in the past. They say:
- Eric Bressler: Bogin, Munns & Munns was extremely helpful throughout the entire process of my case. They were quick to respond to any questions I had and made sure to keep things moving with no delay.
- Martha Alonso: The lawyers and the case manager were very helpful, so professional and incredibly nice! Always kept me up to date process and would answer all my questions. If I ever need them again, I would contact them! Highly recommend!
We never stop fighting for every client we represent. Read more reviews on our law firm’s Google page and see why previous clients recommend our team.
Click to contact our Titusville Intellectual Property Lawyers today
Our Intellectual Property Legal Team Is Here for You
If you are a business or individual in Titusville and want to apply for trademarks or patents, our intellectual property lawyer can help you understand the state’s step-by-step process. Our law firm can also help you recover damages due to infringements on your intellectual property.
Contact our intellectual property team at Bogin, Munns & Munns to get our law firm started on your case today.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today