Between beautiful weather, scenic beaches, and the occasional tourist, Titusville is the perfect storm for pedestrian accidents. Thankfully, if you have been injured in one of these negligent accidents, you may be entitled to compensation.
While it is completely normal to feel uncertain about your future after a serious incident like this, just remember you do not have to go through this alone. Since we first opened our doors in 1979, our attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns have represented countless pedestrian accident victims. Our law firm can help guide you through your proceedings from start to finish, educating you about your legal options at every turn.
Over the years, we have seen the tragic impact of pedestrian accidents on the Titusville community. Even today, Smart Growth America ranks the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville region as the 3rd most dangerous area in the country for pedestrians. From 2008 to 2017 alone, 165 pedestrians lost their lives here – with countless other victims being seriously injured.
We will not stand by as innocent victims are subjected to life-altering accidents. If you retain a Titusville pedestrian accident lawyer at our firm, our attorneys can help you seek justice for your pain and suffering.
To learn more about the legal services we provide, contact a legal representative today at (321) 567-5470 to receive your free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a Pedestrian Accident Claim
If you are found not liable for your accident, the responsible party may be forced to compensate you for your economic and non-economic losses.
While every accident creates unique hardships, recoverable damages in pedestrian accidents may include:
- Ongoing care for permanent disabilities
- Medical costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Intangible suffering, which encompasses your mental anguish
- Property damage
- Impacts on your familial relationships, including loss of companionship and consortium
- Punitive damages (only awarded as a form of punishment for egregious offenders who displayed gross negligence)
- And more
To consult with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer serving Titusville, call 855-780-9986
Florida’s Pedestrian Laws
According to Florida Statutes §316.130, there are many unique laws for pedestrians walking near streets, highways, crosswalks, and intersections, including:
- When sidewalks are provided, pedestrians cannot walk on, or alongside, the portion of the road paved for vehicles.
- When there are no crosswalks, pedestrians must cross roadways at the shortest route to the opposite curb (preferably at a right angle, when practical).
- Pedestrians must obey official traffic controls at intersections and official traffic controls specifically designed for pedestrians (unless otherwise directed by a police officer).
- When sidewalks are not provided, any pedestrian walking near highways should walk on the left shoulder of the roadway, allowing them to face oncoming traffic.
- Pedestrians cannot stand in areas of the road paved for vehicles while they try to solicit a ride, employment, or business from motorists.
- Excluding intersections, every pedestrian crossing a roadway must yield to vehicles on the roadway.
- When practical, pedestrians must walk on the right half of crosswalks.
- And many more
As you might imagine, Florida also has countless laws for vehicles at intersections, crosswalks, and beyond. Ultimately, these laws and guidelines may help determine who is liable for your accident.
Titusville Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Legal Services We Provide for Pedestrian Accident Victims
We offer several different legal services in the field of personal injury law, allowing us to address your unique needs on a case-by-case basis. These services include:
- Taking your case to trial
- Working on settlement negotiations
- Calculating damages and assigning case values
- Gathering evidence and attempting to prove liability
- Keeping you informed on the progress of your case
- Educating you about important deadlines
- Providing general legal counsel
- Reviewing insurance policies and dealing with insurers
- Communicating with relevant parties
- And more
If you retain a Titusville pedestrian accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns, we can be there to help you understand the unique statutes that govern pedestrian accident cases in Florida. Above all else, we hope our services can help ease your legal burden so you can focus on what truly matters after a serious accident: your health, your loved ones, and your passions.
To learn more about pedestrian accident claims in Titusville, contact our office today at (321) 567-5470 to learn more about the legal options that may be available to you.
Click to contact our Titusville Pedestrian Accident Lawyers today
Determining Liability in Pedestrian Accidents
Determining liability is a crucial step in your fight for compensation. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, the evidence may speak for itself, thereby making it easy for the court to make their decision. Alternatively, your accident may require careful research and examination before liability can be determined.
When you retain a pedestrian accident attorney, your attorney may use several methods to help identify the liable party, including:
- Examining previous claims made against the alleged offender
- Studying relevant legal precedents and statutes
- Documenting eyewitness statements
- Reviewing videos and photographs taken before, during, and after the accident
- Obtaining cell phone records
- Acquiring police reports
- Cataloging medical evidence
- Utilizing third-party professionals, including accident reconstruction experts, who can lend their unique perspective to the investigation
- And more
Submit a Consultation Request form today
A Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help Recover the Compensation You May Be Entitled
We know a Titusville pedestrian accident lawyer has a great responsibility to you, your family, and your community. That is why we are dedicated to protecting the rights afforded to you under Florida law.
To better prepare you for the road ahead, our law firm wants you to know that personal injury claims do not extend indefinitely.
According to Florida Statutes §95.11, there is a general four-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Titusville, which begins on the day you were personally injured. As such, if you wait too long to file a claim, your eligibility for damages may expire.
If you have any questions or concerns, our legal team may be able to help. To get started with your free consultation today, contact the law office of Bogin, Munns & Munns to speak to a representative at (321) 567-5470.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today