When you enter another property as a customer, visitor, or guest, you deserve to feel safe. Unfortunately, accidents and incidents can happen on the property of a third party, potentially leaving you injured or with property loss. As a victim, remember that you have legal options available. You could even be eligible to seek compensation if the negligence of a third party caused you suffering in any way.
A Titusville premises liability lawyer can tell you more about how to take the next steps for your case. Contact a team member from Bogin, Munns & Munns at (321) 567-5470. A team member is available to answer your questions about the legal process during a free case review so that you can make a decision that is right for you.
Premises Liability Cases
Common premises liability cases range in nature, but if you suffered on a third party’s property, your accident could have taken one of the following forms:
- Lost, stolen, or damaged property
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Violent altercations
- Wrongful death
In the United States, millions of accidents occur each year, causing injury and loss. The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 70 million individuals sought medical help for injuries in 2016 alone. It is important to consider the nature of your accident, as it is possible that someone else was at fault.
One way in which another party can contribute to your accident is through negligence. Negligence refers to carelessness or a failure to act within appropriate or reasonable standards of care. In the context of property owners, this could include any type of failure to take the necessary precautions that would have kept you or your loved ones safe from injury. Examples of negligence include:
- Failure to have electrical systems inspected
- Loose guardrails
- Unsupervised animals
- Lack of security personnel
- Unlocked doors or windows
- Failure to salt a sidewalk after a snowstorm
There are many ways in which premises negligence can occur, and even if it was not the intention of a property owner to harm you, they could still be held liable for your losses and suffering. Because every situation is unique, it could be helpful to review your case with a lawyer. Florida law has specific guidelines regarding different types of premises liability, so a lawyer will be able to help you decide if taking action is right for you.
Being the victim of an accident can take a large toll on your happiness and quality of life. Remember that you deserve justice as a victim, and you have the right to fight back.
To consult with an experienced premises liability lawyer serving Titusville, call 855-686-6752
How Your Life Can Be Affected
If you were involved in an accident on a third party property, you could be experiencing suffering in the following ways:
- Injury: Physical suffering in the form of an injury can be mild, moderate, or severe. Even if you feel fine immediately following an accident, you could experience pain and injury down the road. It is possible that you will need medical treatment lasting a long period of time, and in severe cases, could even suffer a permanent physical setback. Some victims are unable to work as a result of their injury, creating less income potential and adding to the stress of an already challenging time.
- Stress: It is likely that you are experiencing stress and other emotional effects from your accident. This could include sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, and in severe cases, post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD). PTSD and other emotional effects of traumatic events can profoundly impact your life in many negative ways. If you are suffering emotionally, you could be able to seek compensation.
- Financial Difficulties: While physical and emotional trauma can be enough to make your life difficult during this time, you could also be suffering from financial difficulties. Expensive medical bills, legal fees, property damage, and other forms of loss can add up. You could be eligible for compensation if another party caused your suffering.
If you are suffering from an injury and wondering what you can do next, a Titusville premises liability lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns is here for you. Call (321) 567-5470 to review your case with a team member and learn how you can seek the compensation you deserve.
Titusville Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Recoverable Compensation for Victims
Every premises liability case is unique, and not all victims experience the same form of loss. For that reason, if you are exploring your legal options, it could be helpful to discuss your case in detail with a lawyer or team member. Following a successful legal claim, it is possible to recover the following types of compensation:
- Awards for emotional suffering
- Compensation for lost property
- Reimbursement for medical expenses related to injury
- Lost wages
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Much more
You could be feeling overwhelmed in the aftermath of your traumatic incident, but remember that you can get legal help.
Getting Legal Help
Some victims in premises liability cases find that taking legal action can allow them to seek justice while potentially providing the compensation you deserve for your loss. Seeking compensation can make life easier as you strive to recover.
If you are ready to learn more about how you can take action, a Titusville premises liability lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns is here to help. Call (321) 567-5470 today and a team member will be available to discuss your situation in detail. Remember that there is a statute of limitations in Florida for personal injury cases, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. Act now before it is too late.