If your case is successful, you could receive the following damages for your premises liability claim:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Some of these types of damages are easy to calculate. Others are not as clear cut, such as an award for any emotional trauma you may have because of the accident.
An Orlando personal injury attorney from our team can help you figure out the cost of your collision-related losses.
Your Potential Compensation
Here are some of the types of items for which you can receive damages after suffering an injury on someone else’s property:
An accident on someone else’s property could have resulted in costly medical expenses. Reimbursement for these losses can include:
- Costs for emergency and non-emergency medical care accumulated to date
- An estimation of the medical costs you will have going forward
- Costs for prescription medication to treat your injuries
- Costs for physical therapy appointments and equipment
- Costs for a stay at a hospital or rehabilitation facility
- Costs for home health care visits or for hiring help with tasks around the home
Depending on the nature of your condition, you could be eligible for other types of damages not included here.
To consult with an experienced premises liability lawyer today, call 855-780-9986
Lost Wages and Loss of Future Earning Capacity
Your accident may have affected your ability to go to work and make a living. However, the following can be included in your claim:
- Reimbursement for wages you lost while recovering
- An estimation of the wages you will lose in the future because of lingering injuries
You could also receive compensation for lost employee benefits, promotional opportunities, and tips.
Pain and Suffering
Most aspects of your case are compensable. This means that you could recover awards based on the experience you had to go through and its impact on your life.
Our team can calculate the cost of your pain and suffering by reviewing the impact of the accident on your life.
We Can Help You Figure Out How Much Your Claim is Worth
When you are wondering what damages you can receive for your premises liability claim, you may be curious about the amount you could receive.
It is important to understand that the facts in personal injury cases often differ from case to case, affecting the amount of a potential settlement.
The damages you may be eligible to receive after your premises liability accident almost certainly will not be the same as that of another person.
Elements That Affect Compensation
Specifically, some of the items that can affect the amount you could win in a case include:
- Reimbursed costs: If you have a large number of medical bills, you could be eligible to receive reimbursement for all of them. This may give you a far larger settlement than someone who had a limited amount of medical costs.
- Reimbursed wages: If you had to miss a significant amount of time at work because of your injuries, you can receive a larger reimbursement for your lost wages than someone who is able to return to work in a short amount of time.
- Severity of injuries: A victim who had a more severe level of injuries and was unable to return to a normal level of life as fast as someone with a lesser level of injuries will be in line to receive a larger compensation amount.
- Emotional trauma: Someone who is now having recurring nightmares, suffering from depression, or is experiencing an inability to enjoy the same activities he or she did prior to the accident could receive a greater compensation amount than someone who has experienced no lingering emotional trauma related to the accident.
File Your Lawsuit Within the State’s Statutory Deadline
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), victims in these types of cases have a limited time to file their lawsuits. We will help you meet any deadlines and keep your case moving forward toward a satisfactory resolution.
If you fail to file your case within Florida’s time limits, you could be ineligible to recover compensation for your damages.
Let Us Handle Your Premises Liability Claim
When you are asking yourself what damages you can receive for your premises liability claim after an accident, count on a personal injury lawyer team, like Bogin, Munns & Munns, to help you understand the case and your eligibility for compensation.
Our team will study the facts in your case, determining the extent of your injuries and how they will affect you going forward.
We will present your concerns to the insurance company that is representing the property owner. If the insurer refuses to listen and negotiate in good faith, we will stand by your side in a trial.
For a free consultation, contact us today at (407) 578-9696.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today