Serious injury and wrongful death are all too common within the workplace, and it is an employer’s responsibility to maintain a safe working environment for their employees. Workers’ compensation insurance is required by virtually every employer in the case of a workplace injury. This coverage provides compensation for medical bills and lost wages in the event that you are injured while on the job.
You might find yourself in a situation where your employer does not compensate for these costs. An Orlando lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns familiar with workers’ compensation can fight for the benefits you deserve.
What You Should Know About Workers’ Compensation Benefits
You are entitled to different benefits when recovering compensation for your work injuries. This is why we thoroughly investigate every detail of your case in order to best represent you.
Some of the benefits you may be entitled to recover include:
- Medical care and treatments
Different Types of Benefits Are Available
The types of benefits you could recover depend on the severity of your injury—and the related losses. Florida Statutes § 440.15 states that you could be eligible to collect the following kinds of benefits:
- Temporary partial disability: If you sustained a minor injury, but can continue to work to some extent
- Temporary total disability: If you sustained a major injury that keeps you out of work while you recover
- Permanent partial disability: If you will never recover from your injury but can continue to work to some extent
- Permanent total disability: If you are majorly injured and cannot work in any capacity after the accident
These benefits can pay for things like visits to an approved medical doctor, transportation costs to get to these appointments (and to the pharmacy), and lost wages, tips, benefits, and bonuses.
You Could Secure Job Retraining Paid for By the State
The Division of Workers’ Compensation offers injured workers a program that can help them get back to work after an injury. You can apply to receive a vocational evaluation.
Your evaluator will tell you if you are eligible for the program. It is free of cost—you will only have to cover the cost of your transportation.
You Could Secure Death Benefits if You Lost Family
You can also secure job retraining if you lost a loved one due to a work injury and have to enter the workforce due to loss of income. Other death benefits include payment for funeral expenses and dependency benefits.
To consult with an experienced workers' compensation lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-686-6752
Let Our Orlando Workplace Injury Attorney Help You
An Orlando lawyer handling workers’ compensation cases will guide you through the process of determining that your injury or illness has been a direct result of your employment. This way, you receive the workers’ compensation benefits to which you are entitled. In this case, a workers’ compensation lawyer on our team can be beneficial in representing you.
Some tasks that our firm can handle for you include:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses who saw you sustain an injury
- Recording your testimony of the injury and your symptoms
- Speaking with your doctor to understand the healing process and the severity of your injuries
- Communicating with the Division of Workers’ Compensation
- Helping you gather documents to file your claim
- Helping you appeal a wrongful denial or incorrect disability rating
- Standing with you in court, if necessary
- Explaining your options
- Protecting your rights
We can also recruit the help of accident reconstructionists and medical expert witnesses that can attest to the severity of your injuries.
Orlando Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
How Much Will Hiring Our Lawyers Cost You?
You will not have to pay us for our team to start working on your behalf. We do not operate in that way. We take our attorney’s fee from any compensation you recover at the end of the case. This encourages us to apply our resources and knowledge to your situation.
We offer all prospective clients a free consultation to get a feel for our firm. Tell us about your injury.
Click to contact our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Orlando today
The Kinds of Work Injuries We See in Our Practice
Workers’ compensation cases can include any type of work-related injury, including:
- Vehicle accidents while on the job
- Injury from unsafe/malfunctioning equipment
- Injuries in the workplace (various work environments are included)
- Back injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Illness caused by or during employment
- And many more
Injuries Caused By a Third Party
If your injury was due to another person’s negligence (and they are not your employer), you could be eligible for financial damages. For example, if a contracted electrician left live wires exposed and you hurt yourself, you could file a claim against their employer’s insurance policy.
It is important to remember that you cannot sue your Florida employer after sustaining an injury.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Bogin, Munns & Munns Is Ready to Take on Your Case
We are humbled to assist you in the handling of a work-related accident claim. We can meet you in the location that is most convenient for you. We have 13 locations. With our main office in Orlando, we have 12 other offices, including:
- Orange City
- The Villages
Our clients say the following about us:
- “Great law firm. Very responsive and caring… Glad I selected this firm to represent me.” – Pamela Johns
- “Always kept me in the loop and took me under [their] wing while… guiding me and explaining the whole process… I appreciate their ability to get everything done in a timely manner. – Keny Henry
Retain One of Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Serving Orlando
Our personal injury lawyers work to ensure your worker’s compensation is handled with the care you should expect from a firm that has been around for over 40 years.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today to get started.