It is no small task to develop a commercial, industrial, or residential property in Orange City, Florida, so you may need to take a second to ensure that all of your bases are covered. An Orange City land use lawyer may be able to provide guidance to help you achieve the success you desire in real estate, which can be a highly regulated economic investment.
If you hire the team from Bogin, Munns & Munns, we may be able to answer any pre-developmental questions you might have, help you to find effective solutions to developmental setbacks, and obtain the relevant permits, entitlements, or approvals needed to make the road from construction to occupancy smoother. To learn more, call our team of land use lawyers in Orange City at (407) 578-9696.
What a Land Use Lawyer Can Do for You
There are several ways to potentially utilize a land use attorney for your projects. From providing legal counsel to developers and landowners to solving infrastructure and developmental issues, these are a few things an Orange City land use lawyer may be able to help you with:
- Real estate paperwork: an Orange City land use lawyer can draft, review, and negotiate all kinds of real estate contracts. This may include commercial leases, ground leases, and purchase and sale agreements. This may help in protecting your assets or before investing in real estate because it can ensure there may be no unforeseen issues in the future.
- Evaluating your project: zoning laws, as defined by Investopedia, regulate all aspects of a piece of land, including what it can be used for, where a business may be situated, and the types of businesses that may be able to go in specific areas. They also control the physical attributes of a building, waste management, parking, and noise levels. This is why a land use attorney may be useful for the development of your property, as they may be able to evaluate your project and ensure that it meets all relevant zoning laws.
- Permits and entitlements: a land use lawyer may be able to help you to obtain all the necessary paperwork, permits, and approvals needed to commence or continue development as stated by Florida Statute § 553. This may include permits and variances, zoning compliance letters, subdivision maps, land use diligence, and general plan amendments.
- Representing clients: an Orange City land use lawyer may appear on behalf of clients during land administrative hearings. Where necessary, they may also prepare clients to face city councils, planning commissions, and county board of supervisors or regulators.
- Utilizing the eminent domain process: land use attorneys may also represent clients who wish to oppose an agency’s bid to acquire their property. They may also represent those who wish to ensure they receive the compensation they may be entitled to when the government purchases their private property.
No matter what your land issues may be, the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns may be able to help provide counsel for your real estate development and land use needs. You can reach out by calling (407) 578-9696 to discuss your case with a member of our team during a consultation.
Hiring a Land Use Lawyer
If you hire a land use lawyer, they have a responsibility to provide you with legal counsel by explaining the state laws that regulate real estate, and to help you understand your legal options. Depending on the details of your case, they may:
- Investigate your claims and advocate for your legal rights involving the land use.
- Draft documents, legal pleadings, file appeals, and participate in trials and hearings.
- Offer advice on legal issues relating to property taxes, value estimates, property management, covenants, conditions, and restrictions on real estate, and zoning violations.
- Resolve deed problems and settle disputes over property boundaries, trespassing, encroachment, and injuries.
- Represent a client’s interest in mediation or settlement and help to resolve the issue by reaching a settlement agreement.
- Proceed to trial and represent clients in court if a settlement falls through.
- Represent debtors to stop a foreclosure process and reach an agreement. This may involve renegotiating the terms of the mortgage loan with the financial institution.
Benefits of Hiring a Land Use Attorney
A land use lawyer may be beneficial to your residential, industrial, or commercial interests when you are deciding on any of the following:
- Starting a new business: whatever business you intend to start, a land use attorney may ensure that it complies with the state laws. If there will be restrictions on your business based on zoning and local laws, they may be able to help you to get a permit.
- Filing land use lawsuits: if your neighbor, local government, or homeowners’ association group sues you due to the nature of your business or residential activities, you may need a land use lawyer to represent you. They may be able to help you weigh your legal options and work your case.
- Renovating: the process of renovating a residential property may be less complex than a business. When expanding, you may need a land use lawyer to evaluate the changes and ensure that they do not break any local laws. For instance, if you plan on adding a bakery to your coffee shop, and you live in a neighborhood that has restrictions on cooking fumes, you may need a land use lawyer to help work out a potential solution.
Hiring Bogin, Munns & Munns
If you have a legal issue relating to a residential or commercial property, you may need legal assistance. Bogin, Munns & Munns is a full-service law firm that offers legal representation and counseling to entities, families, and individuals with an Orange City land use lawyer. Whether you have a legal problem with your local laws, neighbor, tenant, or government, we may be able to help you. We can also help to explain your rights and educate you about property laws, land use, and environmental laws. Call our team at (407) 578-9696 to discuss your case through a consultation.