Melbourne Land Use Lawyer

Melbourne Land Use Lawyer
land, melbourne, munns, property, permits, development, lawyer, team, iues, bogin

You may want the assistance of a Melbourne land use lawyer if you are interested in developing a commercial or residential property. Land use laws apply to landowners from the U.S. as well as foreign countries. Property owners, investors, and developers may all face challenges associated with land use regulations.

Bogin, Munns & Munns can provide you with legal assistance with land use issues in Melbourne. You can easily reach out to our Melbourne land use lawyers if you have questions about land use policy in Florida. Take the first step to handling land use issues by calling our team at (321) 254-3939.

Regulations and Permits for Land Use in Melbourne

The federal, state, and local governments all play a role in establishing land use regulations in Melbourne. You may have to go through a lengthy permit and approval process if you are interested in developing any type of property, including:

  • Agricultural land
  • Residential properties
  • Commercial or industrial properties
  • Mixed-use properties

A Melbourne land use lawyer may be able to help you go over the laws that apply to your unique situation. The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns understands the permitting process used in Melbourne. Allow us to assist you with:

  • Zoning applications
  • Your vested rights
  • Environmental permits
  • Historical preservation issues
  • The protection of endangered species and locales

You can begin focusing on your land use needs by contacting us right now. Many land developers in Melbourne begin working with a land use lawyer before they start their project. Make sure you have all necessary permits and permissions before you begin development of your property to ensure the construction process goes smoothly.

To consult with an experienced land use lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986

Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs) and Land Use

A land use lawyer in Melbourne may be able to assist you with the development of any property. This includes work on Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs). DRIs are specific types of construction that impact a large area. Typically, DRIs will involve multiple counties and jurisdictions. Examples of DRIs can include:

  • Hotels and motels
  • Attractions like theme parks
  • Airports

The State of Florida is responsible for deciding whether or not a project will be considered a DRI. A council may be brought together to go over the effect of these large-scale projects. The impact of a DRI on natural resources and local governments may be discussed before approval is given for a DRI to proceed.

You can reach out to the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns if you are planning a DRI. We may be able to guide you through the process of getting a DRI approved and securing all appropriate permissions. Discuss a DRI with us by calling (321) 254-3939.

Melbourne Land Use Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

Construction Permits and Land Use in Melbourne

The City of Melbourne requires you to obtain a permit from the Building Official before:

  • Constructing or enlarging a structure
  • Altering or repairing a structure
  • Moving or demolishing a structure

Additionally, permits are required before individuals make changes to plumbing, gas, electrical, or mechanical systems on their property. These regulations apply to contractors, owners, or authorized agents working on a property. They apply to commercial properties, including:

  • Hi-rise buildings
  • Restaurants
  • Hotels and motels
  • Medical offices
  • Warehouses

You must also obtain the appropriate permits before beginning construction or alterations on residential properties, including single-family residences and duplexes. A land use lawyer in Melbourne may be able to help you review the permits and permission you need to obtain before you begin development or construction.

Click to contact our Melbourne Land Use Lawyers today

Melbourne Land Use Regulations and Preservation

There are many areas of protected land in Florida. Some sections of Melbourne are subject to historical protection. Development in other areas may be restricted to offer protection to endangered species. The wetlands, for example, are often given special consideration when it comes to development.

You may need to make allowances for habitat conservation, depending on the area you wish to develop in Melbourne. Sometimes, you will be required to acquire consumptive use permitting and environmental resource permitting.

The state and local government may require you to submit plans for cleanup and remediation of damage associated with development before you meet approval. A Melbourne land use lawyer can help you go over plans for mitigation banking and water quality assurances as you move forward with construction.

Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns Today

Get in touch with Bogin, Munns & Munns to focus on your environmental rights and potential challenges in Melbourne. Our team may be able to help you ensure you comply with regulations associated with the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and the Comprehensive Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (CERCLA).

Submit a Consultation Request form today

Focus on All Aspects of Land Development with a Legal Team

Handling property development in Melbourne requires comprehensive planning. Each aspect of the development process requires the correct permits. You may need additional help with your project if you are dealing with zoning or rezoning complications.

The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can focus on code enforcement and getting you the permits that you require. Our team may even be able to help you assess issues related to development financing and tax increment financing.

We understand the frustration that can arise as you deal with topics like property tax disputes and eminent domain. You can contact us if you’re looking for assistance mitigating the complications associated with land use disputes in Melbourne.

Our land use lawyers may be able to help you develop a solution that will address your unique needs. Contact us if you are working to develop a residential or commercial property. We can help international property owners and property developers throughout the Melbourne area.

Call a Melbourne Land Use Lawyer Immediately

You may run up against issues related to land use law as you develop a commercial or residential property in Melbourne. Get assistance handling issues with permits and permissions by calling (321) 254-3939 to speak with a team member at Bogin, Munns & Munns. Secure the help you need with a consultation right now.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.