A car accident can change your life in a second. If you have been involved in a car accident, there are many things that you need to do to get your life back. From finding a new car or repairing yours to getting the medical treatment that you need to recover from your injuries, it can all be overwhelming.
Whether you are injured in a highway pileup or as a result of a driver who received a driving under the influence (DUI) charge, the results can be equally as devastating. Working with a Melbourne car accident lawyer, you can evaluate your legal options for recovering compensation to pay for your bills and losses. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns at (321) 254-3939 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Serious Car Accident Injuries
Serious car accidents can result in severe injuries. Depending on the specifics of the accident, these injuries can take a long-time to heal or create long-term disabilities. Some of the injuries caused by serious car accidents include:
- Broken bones: It is possible to break bones if the car stops too fast or part of your body hits the inside of the car. Loose objects can also bounce around the cabin and cause broken bones.
- Concussions: Your head hitting the inside of the car can lead to a concussion. Airbags can also cause concussions if the driver is too close to the airbag when it goes off.
- Bruises: As reported by the International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, seatbelts are known to cause severe bruising during accidents, known as the seat belt syndrome. The most severe bruises need medical treatment and could lead to internal injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Brain trauma during the accident can lead to serious brain injuries. In most cases involving brain injuries, the victim will need extensive medical care for a long-time to recover.
- Death: Untreated injuries and the most severe injuries can result in death.
There are many other injuries not covered on this list. Any injury from an auto accident should be considered serious. Seek medical attention for everyone involved in the accident as soon as possible.
To consult with an experienced car accident lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-686-6752
Holding Someone Responsible
If someone else’s distracted driving or drug-impaired driving caused your accident, you can hold them responsible for your injuries. It is an undisputed fact that car accidents happen every day, some of which are truly accidents. If a pigeon or dog scurries across the road, no one had a way of predicting that happening. The other driver may be unable to give you enough clearance to stop. However, when someone is drinking and driving, drug-impaired driving, or distracted driving, this puts you and your family at a clear risk of being injured. This person should be held responsible for their actions. A Melbourne car accident lawyer may be able to help.
Melbourne Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Types of Recoverable Compensation
There are different types of potentially recoverable compensation that you can look for as a result of your legal case, which includes the cost of medical expenses, therapies, lost wages from missed days of work, and future care that you may need as a result of your injuries. The best way to get an idea of what kind of expenses can be covered is to call a car accident lawyer. You can reach Bogin, Munns & Munns at (321) 254-3939 to get your questions answered.
Click to contact our Melbourne Car Accident Lawyers today
Common Auto Accident Expenses
There are many types of auto accident expenses that will occur in the days and weeks following the accident. These are:
- Medical expenses: Ambulance fees and other medical fees can be expensive. However, seeking medical treatment after an accident is important.
- Property damage: Vehicle repairs and replacing anything damaged in the accident is a common expense after an accident. The cost of replacing a vehicle can also be a problem.
- Lost wages: While you may not spend money on this issue, lost wages can still be a financial problem. This expense is especially serious if the car was totaled or you have extensive injuries that keep you from working.
- Higher insurance premiums: Even if you did not cause the accident, your insurance premiums will likely go up.
- Legal fees: Consulting a legal firm to see if you have a case is also common for the victim. These fees may be recovered if you win a personal injury lawsuit against the person responsible for the accident.
- Travel expenses: Renting a car or ridesharing to and from work can be expensive if you need to do it for a prolonged period after the accident.
These are just some of the most common auto accident expenses that you could expect. However, other expenses are possible. The more serious your injuries, the more money it will typically cost during your recovery.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Immediately after your car accident, there are some steps that you can take that can help you down the line if you should decide to pursue legal action. First, you will want to call for emergency services, even if the accident seems minor. Many car accidents cause injuries that are not immediately detected. You do not know at the time of the accident what really happened.
Next, you want to document the scene, if possible, with your smartphone. Try to get every angle of the car accident to use as evidence if you can. You will also want to seek medical treatment at the hospital to ensure that a doctor discovers any injury.
You can decide to pursue legal action against the other driver responsible for the accident even though Florida is a no-fault state. While you will still need to file a claim with your personal auto insurance provider, you can hold the other party accountable for other expenses you incur, such as long-term medical expenses and lost wages. Having a Melbourne car accident lawyer review and prepare your case can allow you to recover from your injuries.
Discuss Your Potential Case With a Melbourne Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, you could be entitled to compensation to cover your car accident-related expenses. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns at (321) 254-3939 to schedule free a consultation with a member of our team. We can answer your questions about the legal process and provide recommendations about what you could do next.