Being the victim of a car accident can change your life. You could suffer injuries that require long-term treatment and leave you with expensive medical bills. You can possibly lose your vehicle or other personal property. In some cases, car accident victims even lose the ability to work and earn wages.
If you think negligence contributed to your car accident, you could be eligible for financial compensation for your losses. If you are considering legal action, a Daytona Beach car accident lawyer may be able to get you the answers you are looking for. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns at (386) 270-4999 today for a free consultation with our team.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Daytona Beach
Car accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the more common causes of car accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Hazardous conditions: These can include weather, such as snow, ice, sleet, wind, rain, fog, or even driving at night. Hazards also come in the form of road construction, impaired roadways, or any other unusual road conditions that pose a threat to drivers.
- Speeding: Driving in excess of the posted speed limit is very dangerous and leads to accidents and deaths in Florida every year. It is the responsibility of every driver to adhere to speeding laws.
- Vehicle malfunction: Cars and other vehicles are machines, and eventually all machines break down. A car that is not functioning properly, especially on a busy road, can cause an accident.
- Distracted driving: Any type of behavior—visual, manual, or cognitive—that diverts the attention of a driver away from the road increases the potential risk of a car accident. With cell phones becoming more common, making calls and texting cause an increasing amount of accidents, but other behaviors like playing with the radio are equally dangerous.
- Fatigue: Tired drivers should not be on the road. In fact, there are federal and state regulations for operators of large commercial vehicles that require a certain amount of rest and limited driving time. Driver fatigue can impair one’s ability to react and make proper decisions and is a real danger to everyone on the road.
If you were in a car accident, you could experience simple property damage—but you may also suffer from a physical, mental, or emotional injury. A Daytona Beach car accident lawyer can review your case and help determine if you may be entitled to financial compensation.
To consult with an experienced car accident lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call 855-686-6752
Injuries Sustained in a Daytona Beach Car Accident
The severity of injuries resulting from car accidents ranges greatly. Some car accident victims walk away with scrapes or bruises. In other cases, accidents can be fatal. If you were in a car accident, some common injuries you might experience include:
- Scrapes, cuts, and bruises
- Concussions and other injuries to the head or neck
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding and other non-superficial injuries
- PTSD and other mental disorders associated with the stress of an accident
- And possibly more
Daytona Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Safe Driving Practices
The U.S. Bureau of Traffic Statistics (BTS) reported over 6.7 million car accidents in 2018, with more than 2.6 million injuries and nearly 37,000 fatalities. Safe driving can not only help keep you and your loved ones safe, but it can also help protect the other vehicles on the road. While you cannot control the drivers around you, there are several measures you can take to maximize your chances of a safe trip, whether you are driving cross-country or making a quick trip to the grocery store. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drivers should follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not drive if you are tired.
- Do not drive if you are under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs, or other substances that could impair your mental state.
- Obey speeding signs and other traffic laws.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Avoid driving in poor weather unless you need to.
- Put your phone away, do not play with the radio, and avoid any other actions that will take your eyes and attention off the road.
- Be sure your vehicle is checked regularly.
Even if you are driving safely, accidents still happen. If your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be able to take legal action to pursue financial compensation for your losses. A Daytona Beach car accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns is available to help you with your case. Call (386) 270-4999 today for a free case evaluation and to learn what you can do next.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation After a Car Accident
Every car accident is different—but depending on your situation, you could be eligible for several types of compensation. Car accident victims can be awarded reimbursement for medical expenses related to the accident, both past and future. You could also be awarded damages for pain and suffering, as well as compensation for any property or vehicle loss. A Daytona Beach car accident lawyer can help you understand what might be available to you based on your case.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Contact a Lawyer Today
The Daytona Beach car accident lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns are ready to handle cases like yours. Whether you are exploring your legal options or have specific questions about your case, the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is available to help. Call (386) 270-4999 today to schedule a no-obligation consultation. As a victim, you deserve justice—take action today, so you can take back your life tomorrow.