Car accidents can be devastating to your life. You can suffer injuries that last a long period of time and require expensive and ongoing therapy. You may also experience anxiety, depression, and other damages that linger for years. Car accidents can leave you with property damage and jeopardize your ability to go to work and earn wages. In severe cases, car accidents are sometimes even fatal.
You could be eligible for financial compensation from the injuries you sustained in your car accident. A Kissimmee car accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns has the knowledge and resources to help you evaluate your legal options and decide on a course of action. Our legal team is available to answer your questions. Call (407) 870-1919 today for a free consultation.
Frequent Causes of Kissimmee Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for several reasons. Even if you do everything in your power to drive safely, your safety also depends on the vehicles around you. If you were in a car accident, it may not have been your fault. Some of the more common causes of car accidents include:
- Hazardous conditions: Snow, ice, rain, sleet, fog, and other weather conditions can create danger on the road and increase the likelihood of accidents. Hazards may also include fallen branches, an animal crossing the road, or other unlikely events that can lead to an accident.
- Impaired drivers: If a driver takes the wheel while fatigued or under the influence of drugs, alcohol, prescription medicines, or any substance that impairs their ability to safely operate a vehicle, an accident can ensue.
- Distracted driving: While cell phones have become an important part of everyday life, they should not be part of your life while driving. Calling or texting while driving is distracting and takes your attention away from the road. Distracted driving can also include other actions, such as playing with the radio or staring at the scenery instead of focusing on the task at hand.
- Speeding: Failure to drive the speed limit decreases your ability to react on the road and can also cause your vehicle to operate in a way it is not designed to do. There are many dangers of speeding, and this is consistently one of the leading causes of car accidents, injuries, and deaths every year.
- Failure to obey traffic laws: The signs you see on the road are there for a reason—to protect the safety of all drivers. If you or another driver miss a stop sign or change lanes illegally, everyone around you is at risk. Pay attention to traffic laws, as they are designed to protect you.
Car accidents kill thousands of people each year and cause millions of dollars of property damage and medical expenses. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 403,626 car accidents in the state of Florida in 2018 alone, with 255,353 reported injuries and 3,135 fatalities. Across the nation, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that car accident-related injuries send more than 2.3 million people to hospital emergency departments every year.
To consult with an experienced car accident lawyer serving Kissimmee, call 855-686-6752
Common Injuries for Car Accident Victims
Some lucky victims of car accidents are able to walk away with minimal injuries. If you were in a car accident, it is more likely that you could be suffering from injuries that can linger for weeks, months, years, or even a lifetime:
- Cuts, bruises, scrapes, burns, and other superficial injuries
- Whiplash, concussions, and injuries to the head or neck
- Broken bones and fractures
- Knee, shoulder, and joint-specific injuries due to extreme force and unusual sudden movements during an accident
- Internal bleeding and injury
- Anxiety, fear, stress, depression, and psychological effects of the trauma of an accident
- Loss of a loved one
These are just some of the many types of injuries that can occur during a car accident. Injuries can range greatly in severity, but even the slightest of injuries are preventable if drivers adhere to the principles of safe driving.
If you or a loved one was in a car accident, you could receive financial compensation depending on your case. A Kissimmee car accident lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns is here to help and answer your questions about potential eligibility. Call us today at (407) 870-1919 for a free consultation.
Kissimmee Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Safe Driving in Kissimmee
Driving safely is a cooperative effort. Every driver on the road is responsible for themselves and their passengers and expects the same level of responsibility from the drivers around them. Whether you are driving one mile or 1,000 miles, safety should always be your priority.
Here are a few simple measures you can take to increase your chances of a safe trip:
- Always drive at a comfortable, legal speed, and keep a safe distance between your vehicle and others.
- Do not drive if you are tired or have consumed alcohol or other substances that may affect your judgment and ability to drive.
- Avoid driving in dangerous weather or any other conditions that increase the likelihood of a car accident.
- Do not use your phone while driving.
- Try to plan out your route before you drive to avoid having to reference a map or engage in other distracting behavior.
- Always wear your seat belt.
Even the most experienced drivers can benefit from revisiting the basics of safe driving—but sometimes safe drivers are still victims of car accidents.
Click to contact our Kissimmee Car Accident Lawyers today
Recoverable Damages for Kissimmee Car Accident Victims
Car accident victims can be awarded compensation in many forms. This compensation could pay for medical expenses, property damage, or car loss. You may be eligible to receive pain and suffering damages in some cases. If you can no longer work as a result of your accident, you may also be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
If you are considering taking legal action in the aftermath of your car accident, there is a Kissimmee car accident lawyer ready to help with your case. Call (407) 870-1919 today to speak with a member of the legal team at Bogin, Munns & Munns.