Riding a motorcycle presents many dangers the average motorist does not have to deal with. As if poor weather conditions, road work, and downed objects were not enough obstacles for bikers to watch out for, reckless drivers present a near-constant threat to your safety.
Thankfully, Florida law protects victims of negligent accidents, making you eligible to receive compensation for any losses your motorcycle crash has caused. These damages are meant to address any physical, financial, and psychological suffering you have faced.
However, the legal road is not always easy.
If you have questions surrounding personal injury law in Florida, and how it may relate to your accident, a Kissimmee motorcycle accident lawyer can be there to offer legal guidance to set your mind at ease.
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible throughout your legal proceedings. If you want to take a hands-off approach, our motorcycle accident attorneys will gladly work on your case independently while you focus on the more important things in life.
Ultimately, our attorneys are here to assist you however we can during your fight for justice. In doing so, we hope to keep you from overextending yourself during this difficult time period.
To learn more about the legal services our law firm offers at Bogin, Munns & Munns, contact a team member today at (407) 305-2048 to receive your free consultation.
The Dangers Faced by Kissimmee Motorcyclists
When you are riding your motorcycle in Kissimmee, you have to be on high alert because you never know when someone else is not doing their part to keep our roadways safe. The most common causes of negligent motorcycle accidents deal with driver inattention, intoxicated drivers, and aggressive driving practices.
Other preventable causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Poorly maintained roads
- Drivers unfamiliar with the roadways, or inexperienced with driving in general
- Negligent left turns
- Failing to slow down before intersections, resulting in dangerous rear-end collisions
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Failure to check mirrors
- Not signaling before changing lanes
- And more
According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) organization, there were nearly 150 documented injuries related to motorcycle accidents in Osceola County in 2018. Considering there were only around 175 crashes, these statistics are a grim reminder of the dangers of negligent motorcycle crashes.
Around the country, the outlook is similarly concerning, as motorcyclists are regularly subjected to life-altering accidents for no good reason.
Sadly, many of these serious accidents could be easily avoided if drivers made a more conscious effort to pay attention to their surroundings.
To consult with an experienced motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Kissimmee, call 855-686-6752
Types of Recoverable Damages Available to Motorcycle Accident Victims
Damages paid out in Florida fall into three categories:
- Compensatory damages: These damages relate to economic losses directly stemming from the accident, including medical bills, property damage, physical disabilities, lost wages, and more.
- Non-economic damages: This type of compensation addresses non-tangible losses, such as your physical pain, loss of consortium, psychological strains, loss of passions, and other forms of mental anguish.
- Punitive damages: Florida Statutes 768.72 states that punitive damages may only be awarded in cases where the victim can prove that intentional misconduct or gross negligence occurred. Thus, these damages are only granted in extraordinary instances of wrongdoing. In addition to compensating you for your suffering, punitive damages are awarded as a form of punishment to the offender.
Regardless of what you may think you are owed, there are laws in place that may prevent you from recovering damages no matter how much evidence you have. Many of these statutes deal with time limits on legal action, such as Florida Statute § 95.11.
The statute of limitations begins counting down on the day your accident occurred. As such, if you wait too long and that four-year limit passes, your case may be dismissed from civil court.
Kissimmee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Proving Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident
Our attorneys use a variety of investigation tools to try to prove negligence in your case.
Examples of these research methods can include, but may not be limited to:
- Utilizing evidence provided by accident reconstruction experts
- Obtaining cell phone records from the time of the accident
- Calling for physical evidence to be forensically analyzed
- Reviewing medical documents pertaining to your injuries
- Examining vehicles for evidence of mechanical failure
- Studying pictures and video from the scene of the accident
- Pulling police reports
- And more
By turning over your investigation to a Kissimmee motorcycle accident lawyer, you may feel like you have one less confusing legal process to deal with. If you choose not to be involved in the investigation, our attorneys can keep you updated on your case every step of the way.
To learn more about the importance of liability in personal injury law, contact a Bogin, Munns & Munns representative today at (407) 305-2048 to receive your free consultation.
Learn How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Kissimmee Can Help You During a Free Consultation Today
We think motorcycle accidents need to be taken seriously. After all, every accident has the potential to take you away from your loved ones.
In fact, research from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely to die in a traffic accident than individuals in passenger cars.
Knowing the facts surrounding these cases, our attorneys do not stand around and let negligent drivers get away with their reckless actions. During our 40 years serving the Central Florida area, we have worked with countless families affected by these accidents. The memories of these victims motivate us to keep fighting for your rights today and in the future.
At the end of the day, when you turn to a Kissimmee motorcycle accident lawyer, our attorneys are here to help provide a sense of protection when you may otherwise feel defenseless.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin looking into your case. To get started with your free consultation today, contact a Bogin, Munns & Munns team member at (407) 305-2048.