If you are a loved one has been involved in an auto accident, it is not unreasonable to assume that any resulting injuries and dealing with the aftermath of the accident have taken over what should be the priorities of your life. All car accidents, no matter how serious or small, have a lasting impact on your life. You may have mounting medical bills to pay and an inability to go back to work.
Fortunately, you do not have to manage the aftermath of a car accident alone. You can hold the other party accountable for how their actions have impacted your life. Working with a car accident lawyer can help you get the support you need to navigate the legal system after a car accident and secure the compensation that you deserve.
If you are in The Villages, Florida, contact Bogin, Munns & Munns at (352) 391-6031 to discuss your potential legal case. The truth is that you do not have to decide to file a lawsuit against the responsible party now. However, starting the discussion with a car accident lawyer can give you some clarity about your options down the line. There is no cost for a consultation with a member of our team.
Common Types of Car Accidents
There are many different types of car accidents that are common in Florida. Some of the most common car accident are:
- Drug-impaired driving: From the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can create extremely dangerous conditions for everyone else on the road due to impaired judgment and reaction time. Accidents resulting from drivers who choose to operate their vehicles under the influence have resulted in serious injuries and death.
- Head-on collision: In a head-on collision, both vehicles run into each other. The damage and injuries from this type of accident can be catastrophic.
- Rear-end collision: This accident occurs when the following vehicle strikes the rear of the vehicle in front of it. It can occur due to distraction, following to closely, or loss of vehicle control in adverse road conditions.
- Rollover: A rollover accident is when a vehicle physically rolls over itself.
- Single car accident: This type of accident only involves one vehicle, so there is not another driver to sue. However, if road conditions or other factors caused the accident, there could still be legal options.
These are just a few of the most common types of car accidents you may experience. Other types of accidents, including being T-boned during a turn at an intersection or sideswiped, are possible. No matter what kind of accident you were in, you always have the option to take legal recourse against the responsible party to recover some of the compensation related to your injuries and losses. A car accident lawyer serving The Villages may be able to help.
To consult with an experienced car accident lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-686-6752
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it is important to call for emergency assistance. If you are unable to call, someone else who sees the accident will likely call emergency services for you. Stay with your vehicle unless it is unsafe to do so. If the scene of the accident is blocking a highway, and if you can move the vehicle to the side of the road, you can do so.
If you can, document the scene of the accident with your smartphone by taking pictures. Request the contact information for the other party and exchange insurance information, as required. In the event of a hit and run, try to get the contact information for any witnesses.
Be sure to seek medical attention right away. This information can be used later as evidence to document your injuries. Contact a car accident lawyer in The Villages to evaluate your options for legal recourse. Even though Florida is a no-fault state, it does not mean that you cannot hold the other party accountable.
The Villages Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
In most cases, your auto insurance company will offer a settlement that is not reflective of the amount of compensation you can recover by pursuing legal action. Often, an auto insurance company’s first settlement amount is not the maximum that the company would cover.
By discussing your case with an auto accident lawyer, they can give you an idea of whether the settlement amount offered by an auto insurance company will cover your losses. For car accidents where fault is unclear, the auto insurance settlement might be the best option. Without discussing the amount with your lawyer, it can be difficult to discern.
Click to contact our The Villages Car Accident Lawyers today
Long-Term Car Accident Injuries
Some car accident injuries will continue to be a problem long after your discharge from the hospital. Some long-term car accident injuries include:
- Amputations: The loss of a limb can have a significant long-term impact on your quality of life and your ability to engage in certain types of employment.
- Paralysis: Paralysis often requires extensive home modifications and ongoing medical treatments, such as surgeries and physical therapy.
- Traumatic brain injuries: As presented by the Mayo Clinic, a traumatic brain injury can cause significant cognitive challenges and issues that can cause long-lasting effects for many years.
There are other long-term car accident injuries that can cause problems for you later. If you were involved in a car accident and suffer from long-term injuries, call Bogin, Munns & Munns at (352) 391-6031 to discuss the possibility of pursuing legal action with the help of a car accident lawyer in The Villages.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
According to Florida Statute §95.11, the statute of limitations for car accidents is four years. During this time, you can file a lawsuit against the responsible party to recover compensation for medical bills, ongoing medical treatment, pain and suffering, lost wages, and punitive damages, depending on the situation. The type of compensation in the amount available will depend on the car accident itself.
Discuss Your Potential Legal Case With a Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, you could be entitled to compensation. The sooner you start the legal process with the help of a car accident lawyer, the more effective it can be, as you and your lawyer will have more time to devote to gathering evidence. Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns at (352) 391-6031 for a free consultation.