The Villages Hit and Run Accident Lawyer

The Villages Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
accident, compensation, insurance, damages, medical, munns, florida, vehicle, villages, legal

A The Villages car accident lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you seek financial compensation if you have injuries or property damages from a hit-and-run accident in The Villages, FL. We will fight to ensure you do not pay out of pocket for losses caused by a negligent driver. 

Our law firm has over 40 years of legal experience. Let us put our knowledge and skills to work by getting economic justice while you focus on your health and family. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. 

Seeking Car Accident Damages After a Hit and Run in Florida

When a driver leaves the scene of an accident, it can make it difficult (and sometimes impossible) to hold them financially accountable for the damages they caused. However, because Florida is a no-fault insurance state, you may have several options for recovering hit-and-run accident compensation. 

Our hit-and-run accident lawyers serving The Villages can assist with the following:

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance Claims

Florida Statutes § 627.736 mandates that most drivers in Florida carry at least $10,000 in PIP insurance. This coverage pays medical, disability, and death benefits for covered parties after an accident, no matter who is liable for the collision. 

PIP compensates 80 percent of your medical expenses, 60 percent of your lost wages and lost earning capacity, provides payment for household services, and $5,000 in death benefits per fatally injured party. PIP does not compensate for property damages or pain and suffering. 

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) and Collision Claims

You may hold optional insurance policies that could offset more of your hit-and-run auto accident damages. 

UM/UIM protection usually applies to accidents caused by hit-and-run drivers. Depending on your coverage, we may be able to recover additional medical expenses or compensation for vehicle damages. 

We can also recover vehicle repair or replacement expenses with a collision insurance claim. Your lender likely requires this coverage if you still owe on your vehicle loan. 

Claims Against a Liable Party

If you have severe injuries, expensive medical bills, and losses exceeding your PIP, our car accident attorneys can help you prove that you qualify to step outside the no-fault system and seek compensation from a liable party. 

If police locate the hit-and-run driver responsible for your damages, we can pursue compensation from them via an auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. If not, we can investigate your collision to determine if others, such as a vehicle manufacturer or property owner, bear fault. 

Personal injury compensation may include the following:

  • Medical bills exceeding your PIP policy limit
  • Treatments not covered by your no-fault insurer
  • Future and ongoing medical expenses
  • The total value of your lost wages, earnings, and employment benefits
  • The total value of your lost earning capacity
  • Vehicle and personal property damages
  • Physical pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish and emotional distress
  • Loss of enjoyment
  • Reduced quality of life
  • Wrongful death damages not covered by PIP death benefits

Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns to learn more about your options for seeking financial recovery and the compensation available to you and your family. 

To consult with an experienced hit and run accident lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986

Our The Villages Hit and Run Accident Attorneys Will Fight for Full and Fair Compensation

Getting a full and fair settlement can be tricky, even when dealing with your own insurance provider. There are many tactics insurers employ to keep payouts low. For example, your insurance company may allege your injuries are not from a car accident, your vehicle damages were not from a covered loss, or they may claim your medical treatments were not “reasonable” or “necessary.” 

Our personal injury lawyers can do the following to relieve your legal burden and prove your claim for compensation:

  • Collect evidence, including police reports, surveillance footage, medical records, and eyewitness testimony
  • Work with crash reconstruction specialists and other relevant experts
  • Identify your damages, calculate your losses, and document them using bills, receipts, invoices, and estimates
  • Prepare and file your insurance claims and related paperwork
  • Establish your right to step outside the no-fault system and seek compensation from a liable party if possible
  • Communicate with involved parties on your behalf
  • Aggressively negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
  • File a lawsuit and take your case to trial if necessary

We represent every client we serve using our law firm’s founding principles of respect, dignity, and fairness. We give you and your legal issue the personalized attention you deserve and prioritize your needs every step of the way. In addition, we make working with our legal team affordable and accessible. We do not charge upfront fees or costs. Instead, we only get paid if and when we obtain compensation for you. 

The Villages Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

What Should You Do After a Hit-and-Run Crash?

The first thing you should do immediately following a car accident in Florida is report the crash to law enforcement. If you did not call an officer to the scene, you can do this online or by mail via the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). The police report will be a vital piece of evidence for your claim. 

The next thing you should do is seek medical treatment if you have not already. To receive PIP benefits, you must see a doctor within 14 days of your car accident. Be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations and attend all future appointments. Keep a record of your treatment and its cost. 

Finally, you should file your insurance claims as soon as possible. If you must take legal action to secure compensation, Florida’s statute of limitations, outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11, allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. 

Click to contact our The Villages Hit and Run Accident Lawyers today

Reach Out to Bogin, Munns & Munns for Hit and Run Accident Assistance

You do not have to handle your insurance claims or go up against at-fault parties alone. Bogin, Munns & Munns’ hit-and-run accident attorneys serving The Villages can manage your case and stand up for your rights so you can focus on getting your life back on track. 

Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We serve injured clients across central Florida on a contingency fee basis. Connect with a lawyer near you.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.