Any kind of car accident can turn your life upside down; however, an accident with confusing rules and insurance policies can be even more difficult to navigate. After the collision, you may be dealing with significant pain, medical bills, and other losses. Our car accident lawyer can help you pursue compensation for these damages from the appropriate party.
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a taxi accident, consider enlisting the help of our Daytona Beach taxi cab accident lawyer. When you hire our attorney, you have the experience of someone familiar with Florida laws at your disposal. We can help you pursue compensation for the damages you suffered in the accident by filing your case, negotiating with insurers, and meeting the legal requirements for your personal injury action.
Why Use Bogin, Munns & Munns for Your Taxi Cab Accident Case?
Securing compensation after an accident can be a complex process, especially where third parties and their employers are involved. We have the knowledge and experience required to navigate legal hurdles in your case. While we fight for compensation that can improve your quality of life and help you financially recover, you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Here’s what some of our previous clients have to say about the quality of our services:
- “Great experience I would highly recommend them to everyone. My attorney Jon Dulaney is very professional, experienced, attentive, and knowledgeable of the case. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and this firm. Thank you and I’m very satisfied with the results.” – Linda M.
- “I have dealt with Nastazia Rivera as well as their staff. They are a top flight personal injury law firm. Nastazia Rivera is a straight shooter with vast knowledge of the industry. Through my interactions with this law firm, I know they get great results for their clients. I would not hesitate to use them for myself, family or friends.” – William R.
Services We Offer For Injured Clients
Navigating the legal process is difficult, especially if you’re struggling to recover from an accident. We don’t want to add to your worries or obligations in this process, so we offer a range of services for our clients, including:
- Communicating with insurers to negotiate for an appropriate financial award
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Using evidence to compel the insurer to pay
- Calculating the value of your damages using documentation of your current and future losses
- Pursuing additional options for compensation, if necessary
We know how confusing it can be to watch legal proceedings from the outside. We want to make sure you’re aware of everything we’re doing for your case, answer any questions you have, and we hope to provide peace of mind during the process.
To consult with an experienced taxi cab accident lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call 855-780-9986
Using PIP Insurance to Secure Compensation for Your Damages
Due to Florida’s “no-fault” insurance laws, you may not be able to take immediate action against the taxi driver or the company they work for. Instead, you usually file a claim with your Personal Injury Protection or PIP insurance provider first.
PIP insurance is one of the mandatory coverages for Florida drivers, including those in Daytona Beach. It pays for injury-related economic damages such as:
- Medical treatments
- Lost wages
- Property damage
Moreover, you can file this claim even if you share fault for the taxi accident. A taxi accident lawyer can help you gather evidence of your injuries, so your medical treatments can be covered to the fullest extent possible by your PIP insurance.
Daytona Beach Taxi Cab Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Can You Sue Taxi Cab Drivers and Their Employers After an Accident in Florida?
If your injury or condition meets one of the criteria listed in Florida Statutes § 627.737, you can file an action against the taxi cab driver or company. In addition to economic damages, filing third-party claims lets you recover non-economic damages resulting from your injuries, such as trauma and permanent physical impairment.
You must meet one or more of the following criteria to pursue compensation from a driver or their employer:
- You have suffered significant and permanent loss of bodily function.
- You have suffered a permanent injury leading to a disability.
- You have suffered significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Someone you love passed away because of injuries suffered in a taxi cab accident.
Click to contact our Daytona Beach Taxi Cab Accident Lawyers today
How Would a Taxi Driver Pay for My Injuries?
Florida law requires that taxi drivers have liability insurance. The minimum limits are as follows:
- $125,000 injury liability per person
- $250,000 injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability
If your case meets the requirements to pursue the at-fault party for additional damages, your lawyer can communicate with their insurer and build a strong case for your compensation. They will negotiate for a fair settlement that accounts for the severity of losses you experienced due to the accident.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Filing Deadlines for Taxi Accident Cases
When taking action against the driver, employer, or other at-fault party in your accident, you must make sure to file your lawsuit within the time granted by the statute of limitations. Generally, you have two years to file from the date of the accident. or your case may be barred or thrown out.
Our Daytona Beach taxi cab accident lawyer can track and fulfill relevant deadlines, protecting your right to compensation. There are exceptions to this deadline in certain situations. Our team can advise you of any changes that may apply in your case.
A Taxi Cab Accident Attorney Is Here for You
If you want to recover damages after a taxi cab accident in Daytona Beach, the office of Bogin, Munns & Munns is here for you. We have decades of experience settling accident cases like yours throughout the state. We can review the incident before advising you on what to do next. Whatever your options are, we will fight for the best possible outcome for you.
For your free consultation, call or visit us online. Don’t wait to get started on your car accident case.