Taxi cab companies that employ drivers to give rides to people in a metropolitan area may be held vicariously liable for damages if the drivers get into accidents while working their shifts. If you were in a taxi in Clermont, Florida, when you got into a vehicle accident, you may qualify to receive compensation if you suffered injuries in the process. You can hire a Clermont taxi cab accident lawyer from our team to represent you.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our legal team handles various kinds of personal injury cases in Clermont, including claims and lawsuits about taxi-related accidents. We offer the first consultation for free to go over your case and what services we can provide to help you build your claim or lawsuit. Should you decide to work with a lawyer on our team, we can start working on your case right away.
You May Recover Your Damages from the Taxi Accident Through Compensation
If you suffered injuries and damages from the taxi cab accident, our legal team will help you categorize your damages, then assign value estimates to your damage to determine how much compensation we should demand on your behalf. To start, we will generally divide your damages into the following categories:
- Economic damages: These damages refer to any injuries that resulted in monetary losses, whether you were forced to take out loans to cover medical expenses for your injuries or had to lose wages because your paid time off (PTO) could no longer cover your extended leave from work. Other economic damages may relate to property damage costs or overall reductions in your earning potential if your injuries have a long-term or permanent effect on your working capabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These damages refer to all non-financial losses, which can exist as physical, mental, and emotional losses. These damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent disability, physical disfigurement, reduced quality of life, and loss of consortium, among other damages not listed here. Because these damages do not originally have monetary value, our team will have to assign values to them.
Our team will ask several questions to gauge the extent of your damages, and certain damages may arise after some time passes after your accident. Our team will keep in touch with you to stay updated on your recovery, but feel free to mention other damages not listed in this article if they resulted from the taxi accident and now affect your life.
Surviving Family Members May Pursue Compensation in Wrongful Death Cases
If the taxi accident became fatal and resulted in the loss of your loved one’s life, you may have grounds to sue for their wrongful death. In Florida, a personal representative of the decedent (deceased individual) may file a lawsuit on their behalf to pursue compensation. Surviving kin like spouses or children can hire this representative to recover damages they incurred since their loved one passed.
These damages may include:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Burial or cremation services costs
- Loss of financial support or inheritance from the decedent
- Loss of companionship or consortium for the surviving spouse
- Loss of parental guidance for the surviving child(ren)
- Other emotional losses, such as loss of love and affection
- Medical debts left behind by the decedent
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we are sensitive to the grief our clients go through during these cases. We can manage your case for you while you process your loved one’s death in private and provide updates as your case moves forward.
To consult with an experienced taxi cab accident lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-780-9986
Your Lawyer Can Build Your Clermont Taxi Cab Accident Case for You
As mentioned, our legal team can manage your case on your behalf if you hire a Clermont taxi cab accident lawyer from our firm to represent you. Once you become our client, we will:
- Investigate your accident to identify key facts about your case (e.g., which parties were involved, cause of the accident, and accident scene information)
- Collect evidence to support your claims (e.g., surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, accident reconstruction analysis)
- Fill out legal paperwork and submit documents within their legal deadlines
- Handle messages you receive from inquiring parties (e.g., insurance adjusters or defense attorneys), including phone calls made to you
- Calculate an approximate value for your case so the compensation figure we demand is accurate to your current and future losses
- Organize efforts to negotiate a settlement deal with the defendant, if possible, which may involve going to out-of-court meetings
- Prepare your case for trial should you decide to move forward with a lawsuit
- Provide legal counsel whenever you want advice on legal decisions
For all other questions about our services or your case, our team is available to answer you by phone, email, and website chat messaging.
Clermont Taxi Cab Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Make Sure You’re Within Florida’s Statute of Limitations to File Your Case
If you intend on filing a personal injury lawsuit about your taxi cab accident in Clermont, you must do so within two years of the accident. If you do not comply with the case’s filing deadline, you may risk jeopardizing your case and your right to damages.
If you do not submit your case on time, you risk:
- Having your lawsuit be rejected upon submission
- Have a judge dismiss your case upon reviewing its submission date or per the request of the defendant if they find out you filed past its filing deadline
- Having the defendant be absolved of any liability if your case gets dismissed, meaning you would have no grounds to pursue compensation in court
- Losing any leverage in negotiation discussions if a judge dismisses your case, as the threat of a lawsuit would no longer apply
Our team will identify your case’s filing deadline, then take appropriate measures to file it on time so that your case remains valid. Keep in mind that statutory deadlines can vary, depending on what factors are involved with your case. For example, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) dictates cases involving wrongful death must comply with the two-year filing window, which begins on the victim’s date of death.
Click to contact our Clermont Taxi Cab Accident Lawyers today
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns Today to Get a Free Consultation with Our Team
If you or a loved one was injured in a taxi accident in Clermont, Florida, you may qualify to file for compensation for your injuries. Our legal team at Bogin, Munns & Munns wants to review your case and see what we can do to help you recover your damages from the accident. We offer the first consultation for free when you call the number on our website. You can speak with a member of our team to discuss your legal options.
Hiring a Clermont taxi cab accident lawyer can be an efficient way to get started on your case if you are still recovering from your injuries or are unfamiliar with the litigation process. Our team is here to help you. Call now to begin your legal journey in Lake County.