Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident is devastating. As you and your family cope with your grief, legal action may be the last thing on your mind. However, you may want to consider pursuing wrongful death compensation to protect your financial stability. A Melbourne fatal car accident lawyer can help.
No amount of money can bring back your loved one, but winning damages can ensure you do not suffer further because of expenses arising from the collision. A Melbourne car accident lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you fight to hold at-fault parties accountable with an insurance claim or lawsuit. Let us ease your burden by handling your legal issue, so you can focus on healing.
Our Melbourne Fatal Car Accident Lawyers Fight for Grieving Families
For over 40 years, our team of personal injury lawyers has fought for accident victims across Central Florida. We have experience with fatal motor vehicle collision cases and know the challenges grieving families often face when trying to secure fair compensation for their loved one’s wrongful death.
Our personal injury law firm can do the work needed to build a robust claim for compensation. We will manage every detail of your case, so you do not have the added stress of dealing with paperwork, deadlines, and insurance negotiations during this difficult time. Our Melbourne fatal car accident attorneys can:
- Investigate your loved one’s fatal collision
- Collect physical data, photographs, police reports, medical records, eyewitness testimony, and other case evidence establishing liability
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Prepare and file insurance claims and related documents
- Handle phone calls, emails, and meetings with insurers and other involved parties
- Aggressively negotiate for fair compensation
- Represent you at trial if necessary
We never want the cost of legal representation to stand in the way of pursuing justice. We make our services affordable and accessible by offering free initial consultations and taking cases on a contingency-fee basis.
We do not charge upfront or out-of-pocket attorney fees. Instead, our legal team only gets paid if and when we obtain compensation for your family.
To consult with an experienced fatal car accident lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
Seeking Fatal Car Accident Compensation in Melbourne, Florida
Florida is a no-fault car insurance state. Drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for injuries suffered during a car accident, regardless of who is at fault for the collision. Per Florida Statutes § 627.736, basic PIP policies cover 80% of medical expenses, 60% of lost wages, and a $5,000 death benefit for fatally injured parties.
While you can and should file a PIP claim, a fatal injury allows you to step outside the no-fault system and pursue damages from the party who caused your loved one’s fatal crash. A liability auto insurance claim or car accident lawsuit will allow you to seek compensation not covered by PIP and damages that exceed your policy’s limits.
Melbourne Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Recoverable Fatal Auto Collision Damages
A wrongful death claim may allow you to recover all the losses resulting from your loved one’s passing. Per Florida Statutes § 768.21, this financial compensation can benefit the fatal accident victim’s spouse, children, and/or parents.
Available compensation may include the following:
- Medical bills. Medical expenses include the cost of any treatment your loved one received from the time of their auto accident until their death. Awards may include emergency transportation, emergency services, surgeries, hospital stays, medications, in-home health care, and palliative care.
- Lost wages. You can pursue the value of lost wages and employment benefits from the time of your loved one’s accident until their passing. You can also seek compensation for income the deceased could have reasonably earned and left as part of their estate had they lived a full life.
- Funeral and burial expenses. Funerals, burial services, and other end-of-life expenses can cost thousands of dollars. You can seek compensation for these costs and fees associated with settling your loved one’s estate.
- Property damages. You can pursue compensation for your loved one’s damaged vehicle and damaged or destroyed personal items.
A wrongful death action can also cover non-economic losses suffered by the deceased’s family members, such as:
- Loss of your loved one’s support and services
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship, protection, and guidance
- Survivors’ mental pain and suffering and emotional distress
Click to contact our Melbourne Fatal Car Accident Lawyers today
How Long Do You Have to Pursue a Wrongful Death Fatal Car Accident Case?
You have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. You must resolve any insurance claims related to your loved one’s accident or pursue your case in civil court before time runs out. Failure to do so could leave you with a denied claim or insufficient settlement and no options for legal recourse.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Fatal Traffic Crashes in Melbourne, FL
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports 92 traffic accident fatalities in Brevard County in 2022. A liable party may be financially responsible for your loved one’s wrongful death car accident if they were engaged in one of the following negligent actions at the time of the crash:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Speeding or traveling too fast for current conditions
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Making an improper turn
- Illegally passing
- Failing to obey a traffic signal or road sign
- Texting and driving
- Driving fatigued
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns to Connect With a Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
A Melbourne fatal auto accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns can guide you and your family through the process of seeking compensation for your loved one. Our Melbourne fatal car accident attorneys will act as your advocate and ally and support you through every step of your auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule a risk-free, no-cost consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your questions and connect you with a compassionate and experienced lawyer near you. Hablamos Español.