If your loved one is a victim of abuse, you have the right to seek damages from the nursing home for pain and suffering, medical bills, and a reduction in quality of life.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our team handles nursing home abuse cases and will work tirelessly to hold the nursing home accountable for its actions.
Your Daytona nursing home abuse lawyer will work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you do not have to pay anything ahead of time to secure our representation.
We Can Help You Figure Out What Kinds of Damages You Can Win
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we have represented other senior citizens who have suffered abuse in nursing homes. We know cases like this can be overwhelming.
You may recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills for emergency care
- Medical bills for on-going care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- The cost of prescription drugs
- The cost of relocating to a new facility
- A settlement for pain and suffering, and emotional trauma
- A settlement for disfigurement or disability
- A settlement for a reduction in quality of life
Another was we make sure we care calculating your damages accurately, we will look into any future losses your loved one may suffer as a result of the abuse. For example, we will consider any on-going therapy or rehabilitative care required due to their injuries.
To consult with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call 855-686-6752
We do Not Let Insurance Companies Intimidate Us
If your loved one has significant injuries related to the abuse, the liable party may not go down without a fight. The liable insurance company representing the nursing home may contest the nature of your loved one’s situation or question the cost of their damages.
Their job is to try to convince you to accept as small of a settlement as possible. Yet, when you hire us, you can be certain we will not back down, no matter how much pressure the insurer puts on us. We take pride in representing victims of the abuse and negligence of others, helping them win the settlements they deserve.
Daytona Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Looking for Signs of Elder Abuse
If your loved one is suffering abuse at the hands of someone at a nursing home, you may find that they do not want to talk to you about it. This situation may be embarrassing for your loved one, who does not want to admit the abuse to you.
Instead, your loved one may feel more comfortable working with our Daytona nursing home abuse lawyer. After learning about your loved one’s situation, our team can build your case by:
Determining Who Perpetrated the Abuse
As part of our investigation, we will work to determine the person who is causing the abusive situation, which may include:
- Staff member: Where a nurse, administrator, or another employee is abusing your loved one, perhaps as a form of punishment
- Resident: Where another resident of the facility may be bullying your loved one
- Visitor: Where someone who visits the facility regularly, such as another resident’s family member or a volunteer, could be causing the abuse
The facility should have policies in place that prevent any of these people from causing abuse to its residents. When we investigate the abuse, we may find that both the nursing home and a specific caregiver classify as liable parties in your loved one’s case.
Types of Abuse that may Occur at the Nursing Home
When building a case, it is helpful to have proof of exactly what kind of abuse is occurring to your loved one. Through our investigation, we may find that your loved one is suffering from one or more of these types of abuse.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists the following forms of abuse:
- Physical abuse. This is when your loved one is subjected to physical harm. Some signs of this form of abuse can include scratches, bruises, open sores, and cuts.
- Sexual abuse. Some nursing home residents are not cognitively able to consent to sexual activity. Some signs of sexual abuse include depression, anxiety, sexually transmitted diseases, and self-harm.
- Neglect. When a nursing home resident’s basic needs are not met, this could constitute neglect. Some signs of this include unexplained weight loss, hair loss, and an unkempt appearance.
- Emotional abuse. Your loved one deserves to be treated with respect. This includes being free of intimidation, humiliation, and punishment.
Click to contact our Daytona Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers today
Let Us Help You win the Settlement Your Loved One Deserves
Even though bringing a personal injury case can be frightening for some, it is just business as usual for us. Count on the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns to stand with you every step of the way. Let us handle your legal case while you focus on what only you can do – rest and recuperate from your injuries.
By holding the facility responsible for its actions, we hopefully can prevent other residents from also suffering abuse.
For a free consultation, contact us at (386) 763-2092 today.