Construction law attorneys offer a wide range of services, including legal counsel, to individuals involved in any phase of a building or construction project. These lawyers might be needed for many different reasons, but workmanship problems and payment disputes are two common areas of construction law.
Although construction lawyers operate in a relatively small niche, the range of services offered is broader than you might expect. Therefore, if you suspect you need a construction law attorney to help you with one or more projects, Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to offer you a consultation.
Who Do Orlando Construction Law Attorneys Help?
Construction law attorneys provide legal counsel to different entities in all phases of a project, including the following:
- Principals (property owners, occupiers, or developers)
- Head contractors and construction or project managers
- Subcontractors and trade contractors
- Consultants and material suppliers
- Designers and architects
- Individual workers
To consult with an experienced construction law lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-686-6752
How Orlando Construction Law Attorneys Can Help You
A construction law attorney assists their clients from project planning to completion by handling various tasks, such as:
- Satisfying regulations
- Submitting claims
They can also take preventative measures to avoid arbitration, litigation, and other legal disputes and resolve emerging issues, including defects, delays, and payment problems.
Most importantly, construction law attorneys have an intimate understanding of construction and construction law. They understand all the stages, tasks, machinery, and other elements of a construction project. In general, they have an expert understanding of the construction process and the corresponding rights and obligations of the parties involved.
A construction lawyer will also be prepared to review and evaluate any claim and inform you of your rights using their in-depth knowledge of construction contracts. A contract assessment can help determine whether to enforce or remove a construction lien or seek a payment claim. Specifically, they can do the following:
- Review statutory conditions and deadlines concerning remedies against a contracting authority’s determination.
- Advise clients of their rights and potential countermeasures if a construction lien is initiated.
- Prepare and initiate a mechanic’s lien or bond claim with the court or an agency.
- Prepare and file satisfaction notices to discharge mechanic’s liens.
- Assist owners and contractors in removing property liens.
- Assist in acquiring lien bonds to secure payment of a mechanic’s lien and ensure its discharge.
- Assist in foreclosure proceedings for construction liens.
Orlando Construction Law Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
When You Need a Construction Lawyer
Examples of circumstances when you should consult with a construction lawyer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You are initiating a new project, and you need to ensure you follow both local and federal building regulations.
- You need to file a civil lawsuit.
- A party has filed a lawsuit against you.
- You need a new permit.
- You need government permission before proceeding with work.
- You have a dispute with an employer or employee.
- You are worried about environmental regulations.
- You need to devise a legal document, such as a contract.
In general, you can benefit from hiring a construction lawyer if you are involved with any stage of a private, public, or federal construction project. Construction lawyers can protect you from legal disputes, represent you in court if necessary, and ensure you are on track with budgets and timelines while adhering to building codes.
Click to contact our Orlando Construction Law Attorney today
What Precisely Does a Construction Law Attorney Do?
Construction law attorneys assist in multiple phases of a construction project, such by doing the following:
Offering Services for Organizing a New Project
For principals, construction lawyers can offer invaluable advice and services when their client is setting up new building projects, including the following:
- Effectively structuring a project
- Deciding which contract type will be the most appropriate
- Preparing the contract and conditions of tender
- Considering and replying to contract clarifications from contractors or tenderers
- Composing letters of intent and contractor appointment, and early works contracts
- Amending and finalizing the contract
- For contractors, consultants, and suppliers, these might include:
- Reviewing contracts and pinpointing critical risk areas
- Preparing tender qualifications
- Advising on, and negotiating, letters of intent terms, letters of appointment, and early works engagements
- Advising on additional project documents, such as third-party access deeds and tri-party financing agreements
- Negotiating, advising, and preparing contract amendments
Advising and Helping With Disputes
Construction law attorneys provide assistance relating to construction disputes or circumstances that could lead to a conflict. The most commonly debated issues include defects, delays, and payment disputes. Moreover, construction lawyers have expertise in dispute resolution processes, including mediation, arbitration, and litigation. They can advise you on how most effectively resolve your particular issue.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Handling Injuries and Wrongful Death Claims
Another facet of a construction law attorney’s job is handling personal injury and wrongful death claims due to construction-related accidents. Often, these accidents result in both a worker’s compensation claim and a civil lawsuit. Usually, an insured’s insurance carrier will ask the attorney to represent them and assess liability and damages.
If the attorney cannot settle the case with the employee or legal representative out of court, they will need to mediate the claim or go to trial. Construction attorneys sometimes have to procure accident recreation experts specializing in construction accidents to assist them on a case and provide expert opinions.
Consult With a Construction Law Attorney Today
Construction projects and contracts require a significant amount of administration and management, and an attorney can offer support throughout the entire process. In doing so, you can be ensured you are prepared to handle any potential project issues before they arise. Ideally, you will be in the best possible position to avoid problems or minimize their impact should anything go wrong.
A construction lawyer can be a crucial part of any building project, offering guidance and support from start to finish. Working with the attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns can ensure your project is on track for success.