Being arrested for a crime can be a frightening and unsettling experience. The potential impact on your life and family can be even more frightening. If you are a first-time offender in Melbourne, you could have options available that will benefit you. Our legal team will help you explore pretrial diversion programs. They can let you avoid the state’s harshest penalties — or avoid conviction altogether by having your charges dismissed.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our Melbourne pretrial diversion lawyer is committed to helping first-time offenders get a chance to start over. We believe you deserve the chance to build a bright future for yourself and your family. With pretrial options and programs, you could avoid a costly criminal conviction. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
The Benefits of Pretrial Diversion in Florida
For first-time offenders in Brevard County, our criminal defense lawyer serving Melbourne, FL will explain pretrial diversions and its benefits for you. The goal of pretrial diversion is to help you avoid going to jail or prison. In some cases, and with appropriate participation in pretrial diversion, you can emerge with a dismissal of the charges you face.
Additional benefits include:
- Protecting your good name
- Protecting your family
- Maintaining your job
- Avoiding costly fines
A primary benefit of pretrial diversion includes avoiding a blemish on future background checks. A clean background check can help you advance your education and career.
Brevard County Offers Pretrial Intervention for Misdemeanor Charges
In Melbourne, your criminal case is largely governed by state law. According to Florida Statutes § 948.08, pretrial intervention can include the following:
- Medical treatment
- Psychological treatment
In Brevard County, State’s Attorney Office for Brevard and Seminole Counties guidelines offer the following misdemeanor pretrial diversion program options:
- Payment of program, prosecution, and investigation fees
- Regular and ongoing contact with a Criminal Justice Officer
- At least 32 hours of community service participation
- Mental health care evaluation and treatment
- Alcohol and drug abuse evaluation and treatment
- Attendance at AA or NA meetings and random testing
Depending on the specific charges you face, you may be required to participate in specialized educational programs. These can include:
- Domestic violence cases
- Anger management
- Parenting skills classes
- Life skills classes
- Victim awareness program
- Financial responsibility classes
The state offers these programs to meet the needs of offenders who can benefit from specialized programs and services.
Brevard County Offers Pretrial Intervention for Felony Charges
If your first arrest results in your being charged with a felony, the penalties you face can be much higher than those of a misdemeanor. State’s Attorney Office for Brevard and Seminole Counties has pretrial options in place specifically for first-time felony offenders.
Felony pretrial diversion or intervention options are more limited and can include the following:
- Payment of all restitution ordered by the court
- Completion of anger management counseling
- Completion of prescribed community service hours
- Participation in drug counseling and treatment
The state offers these options to potentially divert first-time offenders by placing them under the supervisory authority of the Department of Corrections. Additional options are available for individuals charged with writing worthless checks. If you are the parent or guardian of a juvenile, the state also provides juvenile diversion and intervention programs. Our law firm will ensure you understand every possible option you have available.
To consult with an experienced pretrial diversion lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
How Our Melbourne Pretrial Diversion Lawyer Fights for Clients
Our criminal defense team works hard for every client we represent. We negotiate plea bargains when beneficial. Whenever possible, we also fight to have your criminal record sealed or expunged.
To support you throughout your ordeal, our legal team will:
- Review and act on any violations of your rights
- Explain the legal process and court proceedings
- Review the evidence the state has compiled
- Gather supportive evidence on your behalf
- Represent you at court hearings or at trial
- Fight to reduce your potential court fines and fees
- Fight to have you released on bail, where applicable
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, your future matters to every member of our team. We will not stop fighting to help you get your life focused and back on track. Pretrial diversion and intervention programs are one way we can accomplish that for you.
Criminal Cases Bogin, Munns & Munns Handles
Our law firm is passionate about your case and will advocate for you however possible. We work hard to protect the rights of clients facing the following charges:
- Violent crimes
- Drug offenses
- Weapons charges
- Financial crimes
- Sex crimes
We provide legal care and support that lets you put your past behind you and start focusing on your future.
See Our History of Five-Star Reviews For Bogin, Munns & Munns
Our law firm is committed to the clients we represent. When clients we supported in the past leave online reviews of our law firm, they say the following:
- A Dahlil: It was a great experience with Mr. McMillen. Extremely effective communication, professionalism, and courtesy. Fights [in] your corner with passion. Demonstrate compassion. Trustworthy. Jennifer Medina was awesome, very knowledgeable caring person. Thank you again for the great service!
- Emma Nelson: My experience with Bogin, Munns and Munns was life changing. The professionalism and empathy that was shown during my legal process was extraordinary. I truly felt they were concerned about my legal issue and was working in my behalf. Thank you for a job well done.
Our law firm works hard to treat you like a person, not a case file. We ensure you receive the legal support you need and the care and concern you deserve.
Melbourne Pretrial Diversion Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Contact Our Criminal Defense Team Today
Are you or someone you love facing criminal charges and potential conviction in Melbourne? Our Melbourne pretrial diversion lawyer can help you understand legal options that help you preserve your future.
You are never alone in your fight to protect your future. Our attorneys are on your side and will not stop fighting for the best possible outcome for you. Find out how by contacting our Bogin, Munns & Munns criminal defense team today.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or complete our Request a Consultation form