If you or your loved one suffered injuries in an accident involving a Lyft, you may wonder how to recover your damages. Understand that under Florida law, injured parties can hold negligent rideshare vehicle drivers financially responsible for accidents they cause, just as you can any other at-fault party.
The legal team at Bogin, Munns & Munns has fought for car accident victims across Florida since 1979. Our The Villages Lyft accident lawyers can assist with every detail of your insurance claims or personal injury lawsuit. We will work tirelessly to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and any other compensation owed to you.
Our Lawyers Will Fight for Your Car Accident Damages in The Villages
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that motor vehicle accidents caused nearly 1,400 injuries and 30 fatalities in Sumter County in 2021. If you or your loved one was hurt in a Lyft accident on Buena Vista Boulevard, Miller Boulevard, or anywhere else in The Villages, Bogin, Munns & Munns can fight for you.
In general, our The Villages Lyft accident lawyers can seek compensation for:
- Medical treatment. We can pursue the cost of current and future medical expenses resulting from your collision, including ambulance transportation, emergency services, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, mobility aids, physical therapy, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost income. Our attorneys can recover wages, benefits, and earnings lost due to your car accident injuries and recovery.
- Lost earning capacity. If you suffered a permanent or disabling injury that requires you to change jobs, reduce your workload, or leave the workforce, we can seek awards for your future lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Property damages. If a Lyft driver crashed into your vehicle, our attorneys can pursue the cost of repairing or replacing your car. We can also seek compensation for personal property damaged during your Lyft accident, such as cell phones, laptops, and jewelry.
- Pain and suffering. We can seek monetary awards for quality-of-life reductions and the physical, mental, and emotional consequences of your accident, including depression, anxiety, scarring and disfigurement, loss of mobility, reduced cognitive functioning, severe and chronic pain, post-traumatic stress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one sustained a fatal injury during a Lyft accident, we can pursue awards for their wrongful death. Compensation may include funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, lost income, lost support and services, and loss of the deceased’s companionship, protection, and guidance.
How Long Do You Have to Take Action?
Florida Statutes § 95.11 gives personal injury victims two years to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations also allows up to two years to sue for wrongful death. If you fail to file before the statute of limitations runs out, you risk losing your chance to sue for damages. Do not miss your opportunity to hold Lyft, the driver, or another liable party responsible for their negligent actions.
Furthermore, if your time expires, the insurance company will likely use it to reduce or deny your claim. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner we can investigate your accident and seek your losses.
To consult with an experienced lyft accident lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986
What Are Your Options for Recovering Compensation for a Lyft Accident?
Our personal injury lawyers serving The Villages will explore every available avenue for recovering your car accident damages. We can start by seeking compensation via your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance and any other applicable policies you hold (such as comprehensive or collision coverage).
Additionally, suppose you or your family member suffered a severe, permanent or disabling injury, or your damages exceed your PIP. In that case, our attorneys can pursue compensation from the party who caused your crash. You can seek awards whether a Lyft driver hit your vehicle or your injury occurred while using a rideshare service.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, your options may include:
- The Lyft driver. When a Lyft driver is off duty and does not have the app turned on, their private insurance coverage applies. If an off-duty driver is liable for your crash, we can recover compensation with a claim or lawsuit.
- Lyft. Under Florida Statutes § 627.748, transportation network companies (TNCs) like Lyft and Uber must provide drivers with insurance coverage in the following amounts:
- $50,000 for death or bodily injury per person/$100,000 per accident and $25,000 in property damage liability (when the driver’s rideshare app is on and they are waiting for a ride)
- $1 million in third-party liability coverage for death, bodily injury, and property damage (when a driver is en route to a ride or engaged in a ride)
Lyft also provides insurance for accidents involving Lyft Delivery drivers, but the policy minimums are lower. Note that while you can pursue an insurance claim against Lyft or take legal action against a driver, it is difficult to sue a TNC for a driver’s actions because drivers are independent contractors, not employees.
- A private motorist. If another driver hit your Lyft or caused an accident between your vehicle and a rideshare driver, they may be liable for your damages. You may also have a case against a negligent roadway owner or manufacturer if your auto accident involved a road or a vehicle defect.
The Villages Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Bogin, Munns & Munns Is Here for You
Bogin, Munns & Munns has 40 attorneys on staff with decades of combined legal experience they can put to work for you. Our The Villages Lyft accident lawyers will investigate your crash, establish liability, and identify your damages.
Additionally, we will communicate with involved parties on your behalf, take care of case-related “red tape,” and keep you informed every step of the way. We aim to secure the most advantageous case resolution available as quickly and efficiently as possible, leaving you free to focus on your family.
We Offer Affordable Legal Services
We strive to make our services accessible and affordable. We represent injury clients on contingency, meaning you owe nothing unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
Click to contact our The Villages Lyft Accident Lawyers today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns
Contact our team 24/7 for a free, no-obligation consultation. Hablamos Espanol.