Accidents happen without warning. Knowing what to do after a Lyft collision can make a huge difference. You can explore your legal options if you are recovering from a Lyft accident as a passenger or driver.
A Kissimmee Lyft accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can review the accident and determine how you could recover financial compensation. The sooner you reach out to us about the accident, the sooner we can help you start the recovery process.
What Can a Kissimmee Lyft Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
It is important to note that different circumstances invoke different levels of Lyft’s liability policies. Because Florida is a no-fault state, minor injuries will receive coverage through the driver’s policy regardless of who caused the accident.
Having a Kissimmee Lyft accident lawyer can help if you have severe injuries. Our injury attorney team can:
- Investigate the accident to determine fault
- Compile documentation to prove liability and negligence
- File all necessary documentation on time
- Communicate with insurance companies to negotiate a settlement
- Prepare and file a lawsuit if necessary
- Represent you in civil court and fight for your financial recovery at trial
We tailor our handling of each case based on our client’s needs. We will review the details and circumstances of your situation and determine the legal strategy that fits your case.
To consult with an experienced lyft accident lawyer serving Kissimmee, call 855-686-6752
Recoverable Damages After a Kissimmee Lyft Accident
Suppose your no-fault insurance doesn’t cover all your medical and property damage costs. In that case, you could file a personal injury lawsuit to seek additional compensation in some cases. Each accident is judged based on severity, injuries, and other factors. Our car accident attorneys can advise you on seeking further compensation.
Some of the compensation our Lyft accident lawyer will seek for you include:
- Medical costs include ambulance, emergency room treatment, surgical procedures, follow-up care, medications, physical therapy, in-home care, and home modifications.
- Lost income can include current and future wages, commissions, bonuses, future raises, and other benefits you might be eligible for without your injuries.
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle or anything damaged in the accident, such as phones or computers.
You might be able to recover damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other intangible damages. If a loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Kissimmee Lyft accident, your family might be able to recover wrongful death damages. Our legal professionals can help you with all these matters.
Because Florida is a no-fault state for insurance, injury claims fall under your personal injury protection (PIP) first. That may only cover some of your expenses, especially for more severe accidents. It can be beneficial to consult with a Kissimmee Lyft accident attorney to determine what additional compensation is available.
Kissimmee Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
We Can Determine Who Is Liable for the Kissimmee Lyft Accident
Lyft classifies drivers as independent contractors. Individual drivers own the cars, and Lyft leases them. Each driver must maintain personal auto insurance. Lyft has additional liability coverage that is in effect under specific circumstances.
Insurance liability in rideshare accidents generally falls into one of three categories:
- If the accident occurs when the Lyft driver isn’t logged into the rideshare app, then their personal auto insurance is in effect.
- If the collision happened while the app was active and the driver was waiting to receive a request for a ride, Lyft’s liability insurance could cover the damages if the driver’s insurance does not.
- If the accident occurs as the driver picks up, drops off, or transports as a rider, then Lyft’s liability insurance applies.
Figuring out claims filing after an accident can be confusing, so some people hire legal representation to sort out liability issues. If you have questions about filing an insurance claim after a rideshare accident involving a Lyft, our accident team can help.
Click to contact our Kissimmee Lyft Accident Lawyers today
Florida’s Statute of Limitations Is Four Years in Injury Cases
Injured parties in Florida have a limited time to file their injury lawsuits. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally gives them four years from the accident date to file their legal actions.
It is essential to initiate your lawsuit within the time limit. Missing the deadline can mean your claim being dismissed and you not receiving compensation.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
What Happens If My Kissimmee Lyft Rideshare Driver Has an Accident?
Accidents happen without warning. Knowing what to do after a Lyft accident can make a huge difference. First, check yourself, other passengers, and the driver for injuries. Then check the other vehicle involved if you can.
You can use the Lyft app to notify 911 emergency services. Try to provide them with your location, the status of passengers and drivers, and the accident’s severity. This can help them dispatch the appropriate level of assistance, such as the need for medical responders.
If You Can Exit the Vehicle
If your injuries are not severe and you can leave the vehicle, get to a safe location at the side of the road. You can do several things to prepare for a potential injury claim, including
- Take cell phone pictures of the vehicles
- Photograph the damage to the vehicles from several angles
- Offer statements to responding police officers
- Obtain contact information from everyone involved, including witnesses
- Allow medical responders to check you for injuries
It is essential to seek medical attention after an accident. The excitement of a collision can increase your adrenaline flow. This increased adrenaline can act as a pain reliever, causing you not to feel soft tissue injuries immediately. If there are no first responders on the scene, it is crucial to seek medical care from a hospital or another medical facility as soon as possible.
What Happens If a Lyft Driver Hits You?
Suppose you are driving your vehicle and a Lyft rideshare driver hits you. In that case, you should follow the same procedures as any other auto accident. If you can walk:
- Call 911.
- Obtain the Lyft driver’s information.
- Ask the driver what status they were in on the Lyft app.
- Offer your information to the driver.
- Get contact information from witnesses.
- Take photos of the vehicles from numerous vantage points.
- Take pictures of your injuries.
Be sure to seek medical attention. If medical personnel are at the scene, permit them to check you for injuries. If not, seek care as soon as possible. Maintain records of everything. It helps to jot down your account of an accident shortly afterward to keep the details fresh.
Get Legal Help for a Kissimmee Lyft Accident Now
The Kissimmee Lyft accident lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns are ready to help you recover from a rideshare accident. We understand how Lyft’s liability coverage works and what triggers each level of coverage.
We can also review the accident to see what damages you could recover and determine who could compensate you. Call us today to discuss your case.