Falling can lead to serious injuries, including brain injuries, back injuries, broken bones, and more. If you or a loved one was hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to take legal action in the form of a personal injury claim and recover financial compensation.
The Villages slip and fall accident lawyers from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you pursue reimbursement for medical expenses, lost income from being off work, pain and suffering, and more.
Let The Villages Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Help You Seek Monetary Damages
Slipping and falling can be very painful. Unfortunately, the pain of a slip and fall injury is often just the beginning. Many people who fall experience significant financial losses due to medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Fortunately, slip and fall accident victims may be entitled to monetary damages.
It is hard to say for sure how much a slip and fall injury case is worth because the total amount of compensation depends on the nature of the person’s injuries and several other factors. The Villages fall accident attorneys can evaluate your situation and help you get an idea of what you may hope to recover.
Economic Damages in a Slip and Fall Case
Economic damages are intended to cover any financial losses that have been incurred due to the accident. According to Florida Statutes § 768.81, economic damages may include:
- Medical expenses – Medical bills for emergency room treatment, ambulance transportation, hospitalization, x-rays, MRIs, and other medical needs can be exceedingly expensive. Compensation may be available for these medical costs as well as future medical costs like expenses related to physical therapy or follow-up appointments.
- Lost wages – If the slip-and-fall victim is unable to work due to their injuries, they may be able to receive compensation for any wages lost while they were out of work. The court may also consider lost earning capacity if the injury affects a person’s ability to earn income in the future.
- Property damage – If a person suffers property damage, such as a broken smartphone, as a result of the accident, they may be able to include these costs in their economic damages.
Non-economic Damages in a Slip and Fall Case
Being injured in a slip and fall accident can have a profound impact on a person’s life – especially if they experience long-term disability because of their injuries.
Non-economic damages compensate an injured person for the intangible losses they suffered as a result of their injuries. These damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, disability or disfigurement, lost enjoyment of life, and other non-financial harm.
To consult with an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986
Why Work With a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in The Villages?
There are so many personal injury law firms to choose from, so why choose us?
- Legal Knowledge – Our The Villages slip and fall accident lawyers understand the personal injury process thoroughly and will work hard to fight for the compensation you deserve. We are knowledgeable about local laws and regulations related to such cases, which is important if you want to maximize the outcome of your case.
- Investigative Skills – We know how to effectively investigate your case to provide the strongest possible argument for compensation. We can gather evidence like security camera footage, incident reports, medical records, and witness statements and use this evidence to build a strong case.
- Negotiation Abilities – Our team also has extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. We know the tactics insurance companies use to try to reduce the amount of money they must pay out in claims and will employ strategies to help you get the best outcome possible.
- Compassion – We understand that slip and fall accidents can cause severe physical, mental, and emotional health problems. This is why we treat our clients with respect and work hard to pursue the full compensation they need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and any other damages they may have suffered.
When you work with a slip and fall attorney from The Villages, you can be sure that your case is in good hands. Our lawyers are committed to providing personalized client service.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis and Offer Free Initial Consultations
The last thing an injured slip-and-fall victim needs to worry about is paying steep upfront legal fees. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we do not charge a fee for the initial consultation. Even better, we do not charge any fee at all if we do not secure financial compensation for you. Our personal injury cases are handled on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only get paid if we are successful in recovering monetary damages.
The Villages Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Statute of Limitations in Florida
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), the statute of limitations is four years for personal injury claims. This means that any injury lawsuit must be filed within four years of the injury.
This may seem like a long time. However, personal injury claims are often complex, requiring substantial evidence and involving lengthy settlement negotiations. We understand how important timing is in a personal injury case and we will work quickly to ensure you have the best chances possible of financial recovery.
Click to contact our The Villages Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers today
The Villages Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Can Help Determine Liability
Slip and fall accidents can occur due to a variety of causes, including hazardous environmental conditions such as wet floors, torn or uneven carpets, objects left in walkways, and poor lighting.
It is not always obvious who is legally responsible for a slip and fall caused by unsafe conditions on a property. Under the legal concept of premises liability, a party who owns or occupies land may be held liable for injuries that occur on their property due to hazardous conditions. The liable party may be a business, store owner, property owner, or a party who rents or manages a property.
Our team can investigate the cause of your accident and determine who may be liable. Once we determine liability, we will work to hold those parties accountable for your losses.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Connect with Our Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys in The Villages
If you or a family member was injured in a slip and fall accident in Sumter or Marion County, contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for legal help. We will evaluate the situation and help you determine if you may be entitled to monetary damages. Our team will work to pursue the maximum amount of compensation in your case.
Let a slip and fall accident lawyer in The Villages handle your personal injury case so you can focus on your physical recovery. Call our office today.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or complete our Request a Consultation form