Bicycle accidents can be dangerous, resulting in traumatic injuries that could present new changes and challenges to your everyday life. Despite efforts to provide a safe and enjoyable cycling experience in The Villages, accidents can still happen.
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident in The Villages, our The Villages bicycle accident lawyer can help you hold the negligent party responsible. Recovering from your injuries can be stressful enough; you don’t need to worry about how to pay for the damages and expenses collected because of the accident, too.
Bogin, Munns & Munns Can Provide Guidance After Your Bicycle Accident
Being involved in a bicycle accident can significantly change your day-to-day activities and how you get around. We understand how that can negatively impact your life, which is why we can focus on the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries, allowing you to return to the activities and social activities you enjoy.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer from Our Team
Working with a personal injury lawyer from our team provides many advantages. When we represent you, we strongly advocate for you to receive the compensation you deserve. Other benefits of working with our team include:
- We will investigate your accident, gathering as much evidence as possible to hold the liable party responsible for your injuries. We will request the police report, review any medical records related to your accident, and interview witnesses.
- Communicating with everyone involved in the accident can be time-consuming and stressful. Let us help by representing you during communications with other parties. Insurance companies may try to give you a lower offer than what you deserve, not thinking you are aware of the compensation possible. Having us as your liaison helps to ensure you are receiving the compensation you deserve.
- We will support you through the entire legal process, aggressively advocating for what you need. We can represent you in a lawsuit if we cannot reach a settlement.
Hiring a lawyer from our team guarantees your case is handled as efficiently as possible.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Sustaining an injury comes with ongoing expenses, as well as time and effort to heal. We want to support you, not add to your financial stress and expenses. This is why we offer complimentary consultations and case reviews. After our consultation, we will be able to determine if you have a case against the responsible party who caused the accident resulting in your injuries and damages.
When we represent you on a contingency-fee-basis, you will not owe us for upfront charges or our services unless you receive a settlement or court awards.
We Ensure You Meet Deadlines
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you have four years to file a lawsuit if you were injured in a personal injury case. However, there are circumstances that can change the timeline. Talking with a lawyer from our team can help you determine the timeline you must follow.
To consult with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer serving The Villages, call 855-780-9986
How Your Accident Happened Can Impact Your Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) state nearly 1,000 bicyclists die and over 130,000 are injured in crashes that occur on roads in the United States every year, with adults ages 55-69 having the highest bicycle death rates.
Roads in The Villages
The roads and multi-modal paths in The Villages are made up of arterial roads, collector roads, and local roads. Each road type has guidelines based on Florida traffic laws and established procedures in The Villages. Although, not all roads are equipped with bike lanes or roundabouts, which can increase accidents as motorists and bicyclists are sharing the roadway.
Types of Crashes
(NHTSA) states there are two types of bicycle crashes:
- The most common type of accident is when a bicyclist falls.
- The most dangerous type of accident is when it involves a collision with a car.
Even if you take all the safety precautions possible, accidents can still happen due to someone else’s negligence. After you receive the medical care you need, consult with a lawyer on how to move forward from your accident with legal options.
The Villages Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
You Could Seek Damages from Your Bicycle Accident
Every personal injury case is unique because of the details surrounding your accident. However, there are still some general factors that can aid the potential value of your settlement, such as:
- The severity of your injuries, and if you’re likely to experience long-term effects, including developing a disability because of your injuries.
- Whether the insurance coverage amount is enough to pay for the full extent of your damages
- Proof the other party is liable for the accident
Types of Compensation You Could Recover
A damages award is intended to help you try to put a dollar figure on the consequences of an accident. Some damages can be hard to quantify, while others can be easier. Our bicycle accident lawyers can help you determine losses and their monetary value.
Types of damages that you could recover include:
- Medical treatment. Any costs of medical care associated with the accident, including past and future medical treatment needs.
- Change in income. If the accident has impacted your wages and salary, you could recover compensation. If the accident has resulted in a reduced earning capacity or results in a change of earning capacity in the future, you could receive a financial award.
- Property loss. If your property has been damaged or destroyed in the accident, you could receive compensation to replace or fix your damaged property.
- Pain and suffering. If you are experiencing serious discomfort from the accident, you may be entitled to compensation. This can include mental, emotional, and physical pain.
- Loss of enjoyment. If your injuries from the accident are preventing you from being able to enjoy day-to-day activities, you could be entitled to loss of enjoyment damages.
Click to contact our The Villages Bicycle Accident Lawyers today
Our The Villages Bicycle Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Support You
When you are ready to take legal action after your bicycle accident in either Sumter, Marion, or Lake County, Bogin, Munns & Munns can assist you. Contact us today for your free consultation.