Whether you are a buyer or a seller, residential real estate transactions in Melbourne, Florida, can produce legal headaches for both parties. Fortunately, if you’re in that situation, a lawyer from our firm can handle your transaction so that it goes smoothly.
Residential real estate is an investment, and the value continues to rise, making it even more important to get ahead of potential pitfalls that could add to the expense. A Melbourne residential real estate lawyer from Bogin, Munns, & Munns can assist you in discovering and resolving these potential issues.
Do You Need to Hire a Real Estate Lawyer for Melbourne Transactions?
While Florida law does not require either party of a residential real estate transaction to hire an attorney, having a lawyer on your side provides you with an advocate who will protect your interests so that the other party doesn’t take advantage of you.
Real estate transactions can be simple, but they can also be complex. The standard contract that has the approval of the Florida Realtors and the Florida Bar is the “As Is” Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase.
This contract governs all parts of a residential real estate transaction, including the price, disclosures, flaws, limitations, and dates. However, it does not provide you with the outcome of the sale.
This is where obtaining legal representation can save you a lot of headaches. Real estate agents cannot perform legal searches, but an attorney can, which means you can discover the legal implications and obligations you are agreeing to under the contract and makes walking away from a transaction easier.
To consult with an experienced residential real estate lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
Benefits of Hiring a Melbourne Residential Real Estate Lawyer
Residential real estate continues to be a hotbed of activity in Florida, especially in Melbourne, which is near Orlando and the Atlantic Ocean coastline. Real estate in this area involves a major financial commitment, so anything that adds to your expense or makes what you thought was a good deal go bust is not a risk you want to take.
Obtaining legal representation from a lawyer with experience in residential real estate can eliminate unwanted surprises and expenses while making the process easier for you.
When you hire a Melbourne residential real estate lawyer from our firm, you can expect us to:
- Interpret real estate laws for you: Real estate laws under Florida Statutes § 83 can be challenging to interpret, especially if you don’t understand the law. Maybe you’re a first-time buyer or seller. If so, an attorney can interpret the law for you.
- Handle bidding, permits, and applications: These are just some of the tedious tasks real estate transactions involve, but you can leave these tasks for your attorney so that you can attend to other matters.
- Manage communications with the banks and lenders: Your attorney can assist you with mortgage loans if that is part of your real estate transaction. Mortgage lenders even typically advise buyers to use their lawyer for the loan procedure.
- Resolve title insurance claims: We can search for title insurance claims and resolve them so that they do not result in a setback to your transaction.
- Help the transaction move forward promptly: Timing can be everything in real estate, so you want to be certain the transaction moves forward at a timely pace and closes by a specific date.
- Perform legal searches: We can perform a legal search for liens, foreclosures, insurance claims, and other potential issues that could set back your transaction and resolve them.
- Represent you: We will represent you at the final closing of your real estate transaction to ensure it goes smoothly. We will also represent you at any depositions, hearing, mediations, and in court if necessary.
In addition to these benefits, we will also communicate with your regularly so that you are never in the dark about the status of transaction details. Our law firm has been serving Central Florida for over 40 years, and we have specialists in every practice area of the law.
Melbourne Residential Real Estate Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Practice Areas of a Melbourne Residential Real Estate Lawyer
As your attorney, you can be confident that we have the expertise to handle your residential real estate transaction in Melbourne, FL. In the area of residential real estate, we can advise you on the following:
- Landlord access
- Short-term rentals
- Title searches
- Mortgage and title fraud
- Contract errors and disputes
- Escrow disputes
The world of real estate is often complex and frustrating, but a lawyer from our firm can guide you through the process and ensure that all your paperwork is in order so that you don’t miss out on your dream property.
Unfortunately, one reason Florida real estate transactions can be so complex is that the state has 67 counties and over 400 municipalities. Each has different laws and statutes on the books governing residential real estate transactions and code of ordinances.
If a property is not up to code, the government can levy fines of up to $250 per day according to Florida Statutes § 162.09, costing you hundreds or even thousands of dollars until you bring the property up to code. Foreclosure on your property is also a possibility.
A Melbourne residential real estate attorney from our firm can help you understand the code of ordinances and laws in specific counties so that you can ensure your property is up to code, saving you time and money.
Click to contact our Melbourne Residential Real Estate Lawyers today
Contact Us for Help From a Residential Real Estate Lawyer in Melbourne, FL Today
Becoming a homeowner in an increasingly competitive market can seem like an impossible task. But a Melbourne residential real estate lawyer from our firm can simplify the process and help you achieve a real estate transaction that could be one of the most important you will ever make.
Our law firm has been proudly assisting clients to achieve their real estate dreams for many years. The experience and knowledge we offer can benefit your transaction. If you are looking to purchase or sell residential real estate in Melbourne, a lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to help you. Contact us today.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today