Property owners and managers are legally obligated to keep their premises safe for visitors. If you suffered injuries at a timeshare or vacation club property in Melbourne, Florida because of negligent or dangerous conditions, the liable party may owe you financial compensation. A Melbourne timeshare premises liability lawyer can help with your case.
It is bad enough that an injury ruined your vacation. You should not have to endure more stress and burden because of an accident you did not cause. A Melbourne premises liability lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns will fight to ensure those responsible pay for your damages – not you or your loved ones!
Our Florida Personal Injury Attorneys Can Handle Your Timeshare Liability Case
Every year, the Melbourne area hosts thousands of tourists looking to enjoy Florida’s beaches, theme parks, and attractions. Unfortunately, accidents can happen even on vacation, and when visitors from out of town get hurt, they may wonder where to turn.
If you suffered an injury because of property negligence at your timeshare, you can seek compensation for your medical expenses and more with a premises liability insurance claim or lawsuit. According to Florida Statutes § 48.193, Florida’s courts will have jurisdiction over your case, even if you live out of state. This means if you hire an attorney, they will need a license to practice in Florida.
Bogin, Munns & Munns has fought for injured clients for over 40 years. Our experienced Melbourne personal injury lawyers can put our firm’s legal skills, resources, and case knowledge to work for you, leaving you free to rest and recuperate at home with your family. We can:
- Conduct a local investigation of your timeshare premises liability accident
- Obtain evidence, including police reports, medical records, photographs and video of the property, eyewitness accounts, and expert testimony
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Draft and file your insurance claim and all other case-related paperwork
- Handle phone calls, emails, and meetings with involved parties, including the timeshare company or other liable party
- Aggressively negotiate for fair compensation
- Keep you updated with frequent and timely reports
- Answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you navigate Florida’s laws and procedures
- Prepare your case for civil court and represent you at trial, if necessary
To consult with an experienced timeshare premises liability lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
Melbourne Timeshare Premises Liability Compensation
Our premises liability lawyers serving Melbourne, Florida will fight to get every cent owed to you and your family for your timeshare injury. Compensation may include the following:
- Current and future medical bills, including prescription drugs, mobility aids, medical equipment, physical therapy, rehabilitation, long-term care, and more
- Current and future lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Household services
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death, if you lost a loved one in a timeshare accident
Melbourne Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Our Melbourne Lawyers Will Determine Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Premises Liability Damages
Financial responsibility for a timeshare premises liability accident can be difficult to determine because a lot depends on the contracts governing the property. Often, a timeshare company is responsible for property maintenance, but liability could also rest with a timeshare lessee, deeded owner, or a third party.
Our Melbourne personal injury attorneys can review the property’s owners’ agreements and applicable insurance policies and determine your best options for pursuing financial compensation.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles Common Premises Liability Issues
Our Melbourne timeshare premises liability attorneys can help you navigate insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits arising from property-related accidents and injuries, such as:
- Slip and falls. We can fight to hold property owners liable for conditions that create a slip, trip, and fall hazard, including leaking or puddled water, cracked sidewalks, broken flooring, ripped or torn carpeting, obstructed walkways, or unsecured cords and wires.
- Swimming pool accidents. Property owners should enclose swimming areas behind a fence or gate for child safety. Pool decks should be free from fall hazards, and pool areas should receive regular maintenance.
- Fires, burns, and smoke inhalation. Timeshare property owners must take reasonable care to protect visitors from fire-related injuries. Vacation rentals should have working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Owners should inform guests of fire safety procedures and keep fire exits clear and unlocked.
- Stairway accidents. Owners must repair broken stairs, install hand railings, keep stairways clear, and provide adequate lighting.
- Elevator and escalator accidents. Elevators and escalators should receive regular inspections and maintenance. Owners must warn visitors about broken elevators and escalators.
- Deck and balcony collapses. We can aim to hold property owners or construction companies liable for injuries caused by improperly constructed or unsafe balconies and decks.
- Gym accidents. If a timeshare has a gym, sauna, or spa facility, the property owner must keep these areas free from negligent conditions and keep equipment in working order.
- Falling tree limbs. Owners can be liable for injuries or property damage caused by falling tree limbs or other unsafe conditions on the grounds surrounding the timeshare.
- Electrocutions. Electrocution injuries can result from old or exposed wiring, improperly installed appliances, or contact between water and electrical current.
- Negligent security. We can fight to hold timeshare owners financially responsible for assaults or thefts occurring due to negligent security.
- Dog bites. Dog bite injuries fall under the umbrella of premises liability because property insurance usually compensates victims. If a dog attacked you, we can aim to hold the animal’s owner accountable.
Click to contact our Melbourne Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyers today
How Long Do You Have to Sue for a Melbourne Premises Liability Injury?
In 2023, HB 837/SB 236 reduced Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury from four to two years. If you do not file your case within this two-year window, you could lose your opportunity to secure compensation for your timeshare accident.
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, you have two years to sue for wrongful death under Florida Statutes § 95.11. Our legal team can help you start before it is too late.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Free Timeshare Premises Liability Case Consultation
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns today and learn more about how a Melbourne timeshare premises liability lawyer from our team can seek compensation for your vacation accident. We offer free consultations and serve personal injury clients on contingency, so our services cost you nothing upfront or out of pocket.