Identity theft can disrupt your life in a variety of ways. On your own, it can be hard to pinpoint how and why the situation occurred. A lost or stolen wallet can sometimes be identified as the cause, but it can also be caused by a computer or other security breach. Our law firm will help you understand who — in addition to the perpetrator — bears responsibility for your current situation.
You do not have to pursue justice on your own. If you or someone you love was the victim of identity theft, we can help you regain control of your life and finances. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our Melbourne identity theft lawyer can investigate the origin of the theft of your identity. We can also help you recover finances, repair damage to your credit, and protect yourself and your good name in the future.
Our Law Firm Can Help You Overcome the Damage of Identity Theft in Melbourne
Identity theft does not have to leave you in financial hardship. No matter how your identity was breached, our identity theft lawyer works hard to uncover the breach and identify your options for financial recovery.
According to Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines, businesses are required to provide transactions and other records related to your identity theft. We use this information to build your case for financial recovery and to identify the form of ID theft you were a victim of. This can include new account or account takeover fraud, criminal or medical identity theft, and business or commercial identity theft.
How Identity Theft Happens
One of the most aggravating parts of being a victim of identity theft is not knowing how it occurred. Unfortunately, it can take time for the theft of your identity to become known even to you, which can make identifying the cause even more difficult without legal and investigative support.
Here are some common ways your personal information can fall into unscrupulous hands:
- Data breaches. These often occur when criminals illegally access the personal information of large corporations that routinely collect consumer data
- Phishing. Criminals often phish for personal information and details by sending cleverly disguised emails that look legitimate and invite consumers to click misleading links and share personal information.
- Insecure internet connections. Browsing the internet has become part of everyday life. We use it in our homes, businesses, and everywhere. Even fast-food restaurants and coffee shops offer free internet connections. Sadly, identity thieves count on consumers’ use of these open internet connections to mine for personal details.
- Snail mail theft. Many people still rely on regular mail delivery, which can put their personal information right at the fingertips of mail thieves. They then use those details to gain access to your financial institutions.
- Dumpster diving. Similar to mail theft, dumpster diving gives criminals ready access to your personal and identifying information.
- Social Security cards. With only your Social Security card and government-issued ID, an identity thief can access every other piece of personal information about you.
Even a visitor to your home who connects to your WIFI can access many of your personal details. Understanding how ID theft happens and being proactive will help protect you in the future. Our law firm will help you fight back right now.
To consult with an experienced identity theft lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
Let Us Explain Your Legal Options to Recover From Identity Theft
Florida Statutes § 817.568 defines identity theft as using an individual’s personal information and details to pose as them in real life or electronically. The perpetrator of identity theft could face a plethora of criminal charges. State and federal prosecutors will handle the criminal aspects of identity theft cases. Our law firm will help you pursue them for civil damages, where possible.
With our guidance and direction, you can also recover damages from additional entities, including:
- Credit unions
- Online retailers
Your employer, online and in-person retailers, and financial institutions should safeguard and protect your personal information and details. If they fail to do so, we can help you hold them responsible for their breach of your security.
How Bogin, Munns & Munns Can Help
ID theft can be hard to track or investigate on your own. Our team’s familiarity with state, local, and federal laws mean we can:
- Hire ID theft-related private investigators
- Review your records with forensic accountants
- Scrutinize the details of your case
- Identify all potentially liable third parties
Our goal is to build a substantive and effective case that lets you recover compensation for your financial expenses and losses, reestablish and protect your good name and reputation, and repair and rebuild your credit score.
Hear From Our Previous Clients
Our client-focused team is passionate about fighting for justice and providing an outstanding experience for every client we represent. When they talk about working with us, our previous clients say:
- Suzette West: My experience with the Bogin, Munns & Munns team that handled my case was greatly appreciated…They were great, but if I only mentioned one name it would be Xena Marquez…I felt at ease knowing that she was there to support me…I definitely recommend this law firm!
- Emma Nelson: My experience with Bogin, Munns and Munns was life changing. The professionalism and empathy that was shown during my legal process was extraordinary. I truly felt they were concerned about my legal issue and was working on my behalf. Thank you for a job well done.
Learn more about working with our law firm by browsing our Google reviews. We work hard to earn reviews like these by ensuring our clients get the legal help and support they need.
Melbourne Identity Theft Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Our Lawyers Can Help With Your Identity Theft Case
If you are ready to reclaim your name, bank accounts, and credit rating in Brevard County, our identity theft lawyer is ready to help you fight back. Our lawyers will investigate your case, build a solid case for compensation, and lead your fight for justice.
Get started today by calling one of our Bogin, Munns & Munns team members.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today