Were you or someone you love injured due to someone else’s or another entity’s negligence? If you were, the negligent party or the insurance provider that represents them could be liable for your subsequent expenses and losses. These can include ongoing medical bills, injury-based income loss, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. The insurer is not likely to hand over compensation without lengthy negotiations.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our Melbourne insurance litigation lawyer will help you get the financial compensation you are entitled to. Whether you are entitled to compensation from a third-party insurer or your own, we will build a comprehensive evidence file that proves the cause and the costs of your monetary damages. We will also help you fight back against bad faith insurance practices that might limit your financial recovery.
What Constitutes Bad Faith Insurance Practices in Florida
When it comes to compensating a victim injured by their clients, insurance companies are typically more interested in their own bottom line than in your best interest. In some instances, this can lead to bad faith practices that put your right to fair and appropriate compensation in jeopardy.
Some examples of bad faith insurance practices we protect you from include:
- Ignoring or delaying your claim
- Failing to communicate with you
- Unfairly denying your valid claim
- Misrepresenting coverage limits
- Failing to explain the basis of denial
- Failing to request information promptly
Bad faith insurance practices are not limited to third-party carriers. After suffering injuries or property damage or loss, the last thing you want to deal with is an insurance company that disputes or otherwise questions your request for damages. This can occur with both auto and homeowners’ insurance.
Florida Statutes § 624.155 defines bad faith insurance practices. Even your own insurer might use these practices to limit or deny coverage your policy actually entitles you to. Our law firm will help you fight back.
Our Lawyers Ensure Proper Timing of Your Case
Filing an insurance claim or lawsuit involves many different types of notifications and filing deadlines. On your own, they can be difficult to keep up with. When we represent you, we make sure you are aware of the relevant time constraints. We also make sure your case complies with them.
These can include:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) — the personal injury statute of limitations, which is generally four years
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) — the wrongful death statute of limitations, which is generally two years
- Florida Statutes § 316.066 — the requirement to file a car accident report in the state
- Florida Statutes § 627.70132 — the requirement to file a homeowners’ insurance claim within two years
Many other laws will govern your potential case, including personal injury and insurance laws. These will determine the types of damages you can request and how long the relevant insurance company has to respond to your case and take other actions.
We Will Help You File a Claim With Florida’s Department of Insurance
One of the primary benefits of hiring our law firm is the ability to leave the complexities of dealing with the insurance company to us. We will explain every step of your case to you along the way, but we will handle the big and small details for you.
Our legal team will help you file a complete and accurate claim with Florida’s Department of Insurance which includes compiling and filling all relevant paperwork. We will also explain your various options for financial recovery, which include fair compensation for the original case. It can also include compensation from the insurance company if their actions warrant building an additional case against them.
To consult with an experienced insurance litigation lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-686-6752
How Bogin, Munns & Munns Clients in Melbourne Fight Back
Most insurance claims are resolved without going through the time and expenses of a trial. If yours cannot be settled out of court, we will represent you at trial. Initially, though, we will make every effort to get the compensation you are entitled to via evidence and negotiations.
To help you get fair compensation, we will:
- Read and review relevant insurance policies
- Strategically navigate complex cases
- Obtain and complete all required claim forms
- Establish fault, negligence, and liability
- Handle all claims-related communication
Our insurance litigation lawyer is passionate about protecting you from bad faith insurance practices and other unfair denials of your claim. We also help you avoid speedy and low-ball settlements that do not cover your expenses and losses. Fair and appropriate compensation for you is our law firm’s goal.
What Our Previous Clients Say About Our Client-Focused Law Firm
Our personal injury law firm is committed to helping injured clients get compensation from the negligent party or from their insurance provider, and we never stop fighting for financial recovery. Previous clients say:
- Nicole Johnson: I was in an accident and got a referral to Bogin Munns & Munns. I was assigned to John and Xena, and they were both great! They got my case settled quickly and for the right value. I would definitely recommend them! Super friendly and helpful.
- Ryan T: I hired this firm to help with an auto accident and I was assigned Travis as my lead attorney and Jennifer as my case manager. Jennifer and Travis were awesome and did a great job with getting a settlement for my claim!!!
We fight as hard for a settlement for you as we did for each of these clients. Our attorneys will also take your case to court to help you keep fighting for the compensation you need and deserve so you can start putting your life back together.
Melbourne Insurance Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Contact One of Our Bogin, Munns & Munns Team Members Today
An accidental injury that leads to a personal injury case means you must grapple with the at-fault party’s insurance company. It does not mean you have to seek damages on your own. Our insurance litigation lawyer representing clients in Brevard County will help you build a strong case and fight for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Find out how by calling one of our case review team members today.