When paying premiums to protect your health, home, vehicle, or business, you should reasonably expect that you are protected financially for covered incidents. Unfortunately, many legitimate claims are delayed, underpaid, or unfairly denied leaving policyholders frustrated and vulnerable.
If you have concerns about how an insurance company has treated you or managed your claim, our Gainesville insurance litigation lawyers can help.
Has an Insurer Treated You Unfairly or Acted in Bad Faith?
According to insurance industry regulators NAIC or the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, leading causes of consumer complaints in 2021 included:
- Delays in handling claims
- Unsatisfactory settlements or offers
- Denial of claims
- Issues with how insurance adjusters handle claims
- Delays in payments
A Gainesville insurance litigation attorney at our firm can determine if an insurer violated the law or acted in bad faith. Our team can investigate:
- Compliance with state insurance laws or regulations
- Misrepresenting the terms and conditions of an insurance policy
- Failure to disclose policy limitations, exclusions, and terms
- Unreasonable demands for the policyholder to prove a loss
- Inadequate claim investigation
- Lack of justification for denying a claim
Can I Sue an Insurer for Acting in Bad Faith?
If you believe your insurer is not fulfilling its legal obligations or failing to act in good faith, you may have legal grounds to file a bad faith insurance lawsuit. Our Gainesville lawyers can review your insurance bad faith claim and build a legal strategy to pursue losses.
To consult with an experienced insurance litigation lawyer serving Gainesville, call 855-686-6752
What Can I Do When an Insurance Company Acts in Bad Faith?
An insurance policy is a contract. Having diligently paid your premiums, you deserve to be properly compensated for your injuries or losses incurred should the worst happen.
Insurance companies must be fair and honest with valid claims against an insurance policy. When an insurance carrier behaves unfairly or dishonestly, they should be held accountable. Florida insurance laws protect claimants from bad faith practices, and a bad faith insurance lawsuit enables policyholders to bring a legal claim against an insurer for financial compensation.
However, the legal process can be complex. Our insurance litigation lawyers can help you navigate insurance policies and the process required to hold an insurer responsible for its bad faith practices. Our lawyers review your policy and claim to help determine if the insurer acted in bad faith. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Gainesville Insurance Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
We Can Help You Fight Back Against an Insurer’s Unfair or Dishonest Actions
While it may seem like an uphill battle, you are not alone. Florida Statutes §624.155 entitles policyholders to bring a civil action against an insurer when their activities involve:
- “Not attempting in good faith to settle claims when, under all the circumstances, it could and should have done so, had it acted fairly and honestly toward its insured and with due regard for her or his interests;”
- “Making claims payments to insureds or beneficiaries not accompanied by a statement setting forth the coverage under which payments are being made; or”
- “Except as to liability coverages, failing to promptly settle claims, when the obligation to settle a claim has become reasonably clear, under one portion of the insurance policy coverage in order to influence settlements under other portions of the insurance policy coverage.”
How Our Attorneys Can Help With Your Insurance Dispute
Our Gainesville bad faith insurance lawyers can help you with your case:
- Help you understand your rights and what to expect from the legal process
- Answer your questions and provide support during the legal process
- Manage all communications with the insurance company
- Ask an insurance company to justify their actions (or lack of action)
- Gather the evidence necessary to prove you have a legitimate claim
- Gather evidence to prove the insurance company behaved unreasonably or dishonestly
- Negotiate with the insurer to achieve a fair settlement for your claim
- Represent you in court if the insurance carrier refuses to act fairly
Click to contact our Gainesville Insurance Litigation Lawyers today
Damages Available To Victims of Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Any insurance company can be held liable for bad faith practices in claims arising from:
- Health Insurance
- Business insurance
- Liability insurance
- Car insurance
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Fire, flood, and hurricane insurance
- Disability insurance
Recoverable damages in a bad-faith lawsuit can include reasonable damages caused by a violation; however, this will vary depending on your circumstances. You may also recover court costs and attorney’s fees.
Work with an attorney familiar with insurance disputes similar to yours to better understand what damages you may recover. Our insurance litigation lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns have experience with many types of insurance disputes, and we can help you better understand your options.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Helping Gainesville Policyholders With Insurance Disputes
Our offices are located throughout central Florida, including in Gainesville:
2700 NW 43rd St, Suite C
Gainesville, Florida 32606
Our attorneys have represented policyholders in a variety of insurance disputes involving many types of insurance policies, and we can help you too.
Reach Out To Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Consultation Today
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our lawyers are not deterred by powerful insurance companies and their legal teams. We remain unflinching in pursuit of justice and fair settlements or verdicts for our clients. With several decades of experience in business litigation, we have helped many clients with cases like yours.
If your insurer has delayed, mismanaged, underpaid, or unfairly denied a valid claim, you can learn more about your legal options by contacting us at (352) 332-7688.