When paying premiums to protect your health, home, vehicle, or business, you should expect that you are protected financially for covered incidents. Unfortunately, an insurance company may delay, underpay, or unfairly deny legitimate claims, leaving policyholders frustrated and vulnerable.
If you have concerns about how an insurance company has treated you or managed your claim, a Gainesville insurance litigation lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help. A litigation and trial lawyer from our firm can manage everything your case requires to reach a fair outcome.
Has an Insurer Mistreated You or Acted in Bad Faith in Gainesville?
According to insurance industry regulators, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), the leading causes of consumer complaints in 2022 included:
- Delays in handling claims
- Unsatisfactory settlement offers
- Claim denials
- Other issues with how insurance adjusters handle claims
- Delays in payments
Our firm’s experienced attorneys will determine if an insurer violated the law or acted in bad faith. Our team will investigate whether the insurer:
- Complied with state insurance laws or regulations
- Misrepresented the terms and conditions of an insurance policy
- Failed to disclose policy limitations, exclusions, and terms
- Made unreasonable demands for the policyholder to prove a loss
- Conducted an inadequate claim investigation
- Lacked justification for denying a claim
Insurance claims can involve multiple instances of bad faith by an insurer. Our team will identify every way the insurance company violated your rights or broke the law, and we’ll seek fair compensation based on your covered losses.
You Can Sue an Insurer for Acting in Bad Faith
If you believe your insurer is not fulfilling its legal obligations, you may have legal grounds to file a bad faith insurance lawsuit. Our Gainesville lawyers can review your insurance bad faith claim and employ a legal strategy to pursue your losses.
To consult with an experienced insurance litigation lawyer serving Gainesville, call 855-780-9986
What Can I Do When an Insurance Company Acts in Bad Faith?
An insurance policy is a contract. Having diligently paid your premiums, you deserve fair compensation for your losses when a covered event happens.
Insurance companies must be fair and honest when processing valid claims. An insurance carrier should be held accountable if it behaves unfairly or dishonestly. Florida insurance laws protect claimants from bad faith practices, and a bad faith insurance lawsuit enables policyholders to bring a legal claim against an insurer. Such a claim may result in a settlement or jury award for you.
You Can File a Complaint and Partner With a Lawyer
You can register a complaint with the Florida Division of Consumer Services or the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and our insurance law attorneys may assist in this process. First and foremost, we will seek fair compensation for medical bills, property damages, and any other losses the insurer has refused to cover.
The legal process can be complex. Our insurance litigation lawyers can help you navigate legalese and the process required to hold an insurer responsible for its bad faith practices. We will review your claim to determine if the insurer acted in bad faith, and we will fight to secure the compensation you deserve.
Gainesville Insurance Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
We Can Help You Fight Back Against an Insurer’s Unfair or Dishonest Actions in Gainesville
While it may seem like an uphill battle, you are not the first to face bad faith insurance practices in Gainesville, and you certainly won’t be the last. Florida’s lawmakers recognize that insurers do not always act according to the law or basic ethics, and Florida Statutes § 624.155 entitles policyholders to bring a civil action against an insurer when their activities involve:
- “Not attempting in good faith to settle claims when, under all the circumstances, it could and should have done so, had it acted fairly and honestly toward its insured and with due regard for her or his interests;”
- “Making claims payments to insureds or beneficiaries not accompanied by a statement setting forth the coverage under which payments are being made;”
- “Except as to liability coverages, failing to promptly settle claims, when the obligation to settle a claim has become reasonably clear, under one portion of the insurance policy coverage in order to influence settlements under other portions of the insurance policy coverage.”
With the passage of HB 837, insurers have more protection against bad faith insurance claims. This makes it crucial to consider hiring a lawyer who can gather the evidence needed to bolster your lawsuit.
Bogin, Munns & Munns understands the laws surrounding insurance claims in Florida. Allow our attorneys to exercise our knowledge and experience while you focus on restoring your life.
How Our Insurance Litigation Attorneys Can Help With Your Insurance Dispute in Gainesville
Our Gainesville bad faith insurance lawyers can lead litigation against an insurer acting in bad faith, and we will:
- Help you understand your rights and what to expect from the legal process
- Answer your questions and provide support
- Manage all communications with the insurance company
- Ask an insurance company to justify its actions (or lack of action in processing your claim)
- Gather the evidence necessary to prove you have a legitimate claim
- Gather evidence to prove the insurance company behaved unreasonably or dishonestly
- Negotiate with the insurer to achieve a fair settlement for your claim
- Represent you in court if the insurance carrier refuses to pay a fair settlement
When an accident strikes or another covered event leads to an insurance claim, you must put forth your strongest case forward. Bogin, Munns & Munns will help you do just that.
Click to contact our Gainesville Insurance Litigation Lawyers today
Damages Available to Victims of Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Any insurance company can be held liable for bad faith practices in claims arising from:
- Health insurance
- Business insurance
- Liability insurance
- Car insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Fire, flood, and hurricane insurance
- Disability insurance
Recoverable damages in a bad faith lawsuit can include reasonable damages caused by a violation. However, your recoverable damages will be specific to your circumstances.
You can work with an attorney familiar with insurance disputes to better understand what damages you may recover. Our insurance litigation lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns have experience with many types of insurance litigation, and we can help you better understand your options.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Why Policyholders Choose Our Gainesville Insurance Litigation Lawyers
Bogin, Munns & Munns offers several benefits that policyholders gravitate to, including:
- More than four decades leading insurance litigation cases: We have served policyholders in Gainesville and throughout Florida since 1979. Our wealth of relevant experience allows us to deal seamlessly with insurers and overcome every challenge.
- A no-win, no-fee guarantee: We don’t require any upfront fee to lead your insurance litigation case. Our firm accepts cases because clients deserve a fair financial outcome, and we always plan to win. If we succeed in litigating your claim, we will receive a portion of your financial recovery. Otherwise, you won’t pay a dime.
- A versatile roster of attorneys experienced in insurance litigation: We employ more than 40 lawyers, many of whom primarily handle insurance litigation cases. Our team will pair you with the lawyer who is most qualified to litigate on your behalf.
Our clients are immensely valuable to our firm, and you should expect respect, frequent communication, and compassion as a Bogin, Munns & Munns client.
Our Local Office Helps Gainesville Policyholders With Insurance Disputes
We have offices throughout Central Florida, including in Gainesville. Our Gainesville office is located at 2700 NW 43rd St., Suite C, making it a convenient location for clients throughout the city (and nearby cities).
Our attorneys have represented policyholders in various insurance disputes involving many types of insurance policies, and we can help you too. We invite you to call or come by our office any time to learn more about your next steps.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns Today for a Consultation
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our lawyers are not deterred by powerful insurance companies and their legal teams. We remain unflinching in pursuit of fair settlements and verdicts for our clients. With several decades of experience in business litigation, we have helped many clients with difficult claims like yours.
If your insurer has delayed, mismanaged, underpaid, or unfairly denied a valid claim, you can learn more about your legal options today. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today for a free consultation about hiring a Gainesville insurance litigation lawyer. We’re ready to answer your questions about what sets us apart from other law firms.