When you purchase insurance, you expect to be covered financially should the worst happen. Unfortunately, many insurers let policyholders down when disaster strikes and the insurer does not honor its legal obligations. In these cases, an Orlando trial attorney may secure the insurance coverage you seek.
As a consumer, you have the right to challenge an insurer’s decision about a claim. If your provider does not come through and you face uncertainty about what to do next, our Orlando insurance litigation lawyers will review your situation to determine your legal options. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we’ve been serving Central Florida for more than 40 years and are ready to use our experience on your behalf.
When to Hire an Orlando Insurance Litigation Lawyer
When an insurance company engages in dishonest or unfair practices, it is known as bad faith insurance practices. As insurance companies are for-profit organizations, bad faith tactics are a means of protecting profit margins. Policyholders can protect themselves from such tactics by hiring an insurance litigation lawyer. Our attorneys assist with a range of insurance disputes, including:
- Delayed, underpaid, or unfairly denied claims
- Unsatisfactory settlement offers
- Poor communication that causes unnecessary delays
- Misrepresentation of insurance policies
- Inadequate case investigation
- Misleading advertising
- Unfair negotiations
- Refusing to negotiate
- Harassment or threatening statements
- Misuse of medical records
- Unreasonable policy cancellations
You have a right to fair treatment from an insurance provider under Florida law, per Florida Statutes § 624.155. However, insurance carriers do not always respect this statute, and it may take hiring an attorney to pursue the benefits you are entitled to.
To prove bad faith, we will work to demonstrate the insurer withheld benefits due under the policy’s terms. You paid for insurance coverage, and you deserve to collect on that coverage.
To consult with an experienced insurance litigation lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-780-9986
Reasons For Hiring an Insurance Litigation Attorney in Orlando
It rests with the policyholder to prove an insurer’s bad faith, and the legal process can be complex. If you want to obtain a reasonable settlement for your losses but have received pushback from an insurer, consider retaining a lawyer from our Orlando-based team.
Consider retaining legal help sooner rather than later. Delaying the matter could mean you run out of time to file an action for financial recovery, per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Some specific motivations that may lead you to hire an insurance litigation attorney are:
- To prove an insurer withheld benefits due under the terms of its policy
- To prove an insurer failed to protect you from third-party litigation
- To alter an insurer’s decision regarding your claim
- To obtain compensation beyond what the insurer has offered
- To force an insurer to process your claim in a timely manner
Large claims involving significant property damage, claims where fault is difficult to establish, and claims involving multiple parties can be unusually difficult. However, an insurance company may make even the simplest of claims difficult if it refuses to pay what you deserve.
Orlando Insurance Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Why Do Policyholders in Orlando Choose Their Litigation Attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns?
We have successfully litigated legal cases throughout Florida for a wide range of clients, ranging from private individuals to commercial clients in Orlando. These clients turn to us for insurance litigation services because:
- We have been litigating with insurers since 1979: Our insurance attorneys have been negotiating settlements and litigating with insurers for more than four decades. Our experience will allow us to calmly and appropriately address all challenges in your case.
- We have an office in Orlando: Our firm’s main office is in Orlando, so we are very comfortable litigating insurance cases in your city (which is also our city). We have a large staff of attorneys and paralegals in Orlando who are always ready to hold insurance companies accountable.
- We take insurers to court when necessary: We will do what is best for you, never allowing any other consideration to get in the way. If we exhaust settlement negotiations and need to take your case to trial, we won’t hesitate.
- Our firm has all the resources your case requires: As a law firm with several offices throughout Florida and an established reputation for success, we have all the resources necessary to build strong cases. We will hire experts and take any other steps that could improve your case’s odds of success.
Our clients have trusted us to resolve their legal disputes for over four decades, and we will draw on this experience as we manage your Orlando case.
Click to contact our Orlando Insurance Litigation Lawyers today
What Does an Insurance Litigation Lawyer in Orlando Do?
Proving violations of good faith can be challenging without substantial evidence. As such, our insurance litigation attorneys in Orlando assist clients by:
- Helping clients make sense of their legal options and providing ongoing advice
- Assessing whether an insurer handled a claim in bad or good faith
- Collecting and reviewing the facts of a case
- Gathering the evidence required to prove bad faith
- Managing all aspects of planning and presenting a case
- Managing all communications with an insurer on behalf of the client
- Suing an insurance company for breach of contract, if necessary
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Taking the case to court when circumstances require
What Financial Damages Am I Entitled to Seek Recovery for?
Under state law (Florida Statutes § 624.155), you may seek compensation for:
- The value of your initial claim
- Recovery of additional costs that resulted from your delayed or denied claim
- The cost of court fees
Our legal team will determine whether you are entitled to additional damages. Florida law notes that the recoverable damages may exceed the policyholder’s limits.
Do All Bad Faith Insurance Cases in Orlando Go to Trial?
We always strive to resolve legal matters outside of the courtroom, which can save our clients time and spare us court costs. However, when insurance representatives do not offer a fair settlement, we are well-positioned and prepared to represent your case before a judge or jury.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
What Types of Insurance Claims Result in Litigation?
While our lawyers can resolve some insurance disputes by following the insurer’s internal complaints process or by making a formal complaint to the Florida Division of Consumer Services, many require additional action.
Bogin, Munns & Munns assists clients in claims, appeals, and litigation related to:
- Auto insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Real estate insurance
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
Our insurance attorneys have the training and experience necessary to resolve your case. Insurance coverage disputes can be time-consuming and stressful, so allow a lawyer from our team to protect you from the difficulty of completing your case.
Call Today to Discuss Hiring an Insurance Litigation Lawyer
When insurance adjusters do not seem to be playing fair, the insurance litigation lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns provide advice about your legal options and explore suitable ways to pursue financial recovery. Let us put our knowledge, resources, and expertise to work for you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our insurance defense attorneys and litigators in Orlando are ready to help. Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today to discuss how we can assist you.