Construction litigation primarily refers to any dispute stemming from building projects. This can include disputes involving contract breaches, unsatisfactory work, and other related issues. It primarily pertains to civil law.
If another party is preventing you from moving forward with a construction project, you have legal options. An Orlando construction litigation lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can champion your legal rights. You don’t have to deal with aggressive or uncooperative parties with us on your side. We’ll manage everything.
We Manage These Construction Litigation Cases
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we’re more than injury lawyers; we also advocate for those having trouble with commercial matters. We help with these situations:
- An involved party failed to complete work in a timely manner or according to an agreed-upon deadline.
- The work wasn’t done up to code, appropriately, or according to site plans.
- A company is charging more than what was initially agreed on.
- The work was never performed.
- Work was performed on the wrong part of the construction site or in the wrong manner.
If you hired a third-party construction company to complete a project, you could face vicarious liability for anything that goes wrong. This can complicate matters even further.
Yet, when you partner with a construction litigation lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns, you don’t have to worry about pursuing legal action on your own. You can trust that we’ll manage everything your case requires in Orlando.
To consult with an experienced construction litigation lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-686-6752
We Will Seek the Best Possible Outcome for Your Situation
The best possible outcome for your situation depends on your circumstances. For instance, we’ve represented general contractors in the past. Sometimes, these parties complete work in a satisfactory manner but don’t get paid. Here the end goal would be payment for the services rendered.
Matters may change if you’re a property owner or manager. In this situation, you may want to terminate a construction contract or compel another party to complete a project. In that instance, we can fight for either of these goals.
One thing is certain: at Bogin, Munns & Munns, your goals are our goals. Whatever outcome you’re looking for, we’re here to secure it.
Orlando Construction Litigation Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
How a Construction Litigation Lawyer in Orlando Can Help You
When you undertook a construction project, you trusted that all involved parties would follow everything according to plan. When this doesn’t happen and causes you to suffer financial losses, you can hold another party financially responsible.
What you can expect from your construction litigation lawyer largely depends on the facts of your case. However, in general, you can expect us to:
- Manage all case-related communications
- Investigate the other party’s wrongdoing
- Read over all relevant contracts and correspondence
- Consult with engineers and other experts
- Determine your monetary losses
- Apply local, state, and federal laws to your case
- Keep you updated on all changes
Our lawyers have lived in Central Florida for most of their lives. That means we’re familiar with the county’s zoning regulations, code enforcement laws, and inspectors. If you have a construction-related dispute that needs resolving, we’re here to advocate for a fair outcome.
Click to contact our Orlando Construction Litigation Lawyers today
Three Things to Know About Construction Litigation In Orlando, FL
As you consider your legal options, here are some things we want to share about construction litigation:
These Cases Involve a Lot Of Paperwork
Whether you’re a homeowner or property owner, one thing’s for certain: construction litigation requires tons of paperwork. Some of these documents aren’t readily available online. Others require close attention to certain details, as misinformation could delay legal proceedings.
When you partner with Bogin, Munns & Munns, you get more than a lawyer. You get an investigator. You get your own clerk who can assist with filing case-related paperwork and documents. Above all else, you get someone who’s ready to champion your rights.
We Manage Breach of Contract Cases
Breach of contract is a catch-all term for any violations to an agreed-upon contract. Proving breach of contract requires us to show that a valid contract existed and you upheld your part, yet the other party didn’t uphold theirs, causing financial damages.
Examples of breach of contract cases include another party:
- Failing to complete a job
- Failing to complete a job according to the schedule
- Building structures not up to county or state code
- Failing to show up to work consistently
- Interfering with your obligations to complete a project
- Charging more than what was initially agreed on
- Completing unsatisfactory work
Your Case Might Not Go to Court
We hope that after presenting your case to the liable party, litigation will not be necessary. Instead, by working out an out-of-court agreement, we could settle your case and avoid going to trial.
Yet, if litigation is a necessity, rest assured that we’ll do everything possible to complete your case.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
We Manage Construction Litigation Cases Related to These Areas
Since 1979, we’ve helped construction litigation claimants with issues related to:
- Renovations. Even if you own a home, you must request permits from the City of Orlando. If you trusted your contractor to get a permit to renovate your home, and they didn’t, you can pursue legal action against them.
- Demolition. You don’t want to demolish a structure only to find out later you didn’t follow appropriate protocol. If you’re facing accusations that you wrongfully demolished a property, we can evaluate your legal options.
- Delays. You partnered with someone to complete a service. If they delayed your project’s progression, either intentionally or unintentionally, you could initiate legal action.
- New construction. Matters regarding new construction can get complicated––especially if another party breaches their contract or renders unsatisfactory work.
This is not an exhaustive list of situations we handle. For more information about our legal services (and our practice areas), you can connect with our team.
Consult With Our Construction Litigation Lawyers Today
Do you have a construction-related legal matter in Orlando, Florida? If so, our team’s ready to help. Call us now to explore your options at no obligation.