If you were injured in an accident while a driver or passenger in an Uber vehicle in Melbourne, FL, you have rights and may be eligible for compensation for your losses. The same holds true if you were not in an Uber vehicle but were injured or involved in an accident with an Uber vehicle.
The Melbourne Uber accident lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns understand the ins and outs of laws associated with rideshares and will help you in your pursuit of a full and fair compensation settlement or judgment.
Uber Accident-Related Losses and the Compensation You May Receive
When you’ve been in an accident, you could receive compensation for various losses you suffered, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term care
- Loss of companionship
Our Melbourne personal injury attorneys will go over your case with you and identify these and other losses for which you may file an insurance claim or lawsuit. The amount you may ultimately receive in the way of compensation is not set. Each accident is unique, as is each outcome.
To consult with an experienced uber accident lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-686-6752
How Our Melbourne Car Accident Attorneys Help You After an Uber Accident
An accident involving an Uber vehicle can be complicated when it comes to insurance, but our car accident lawyers help you sort out where Florida’s no-fault insurance (personal injury protection or PIP) ends, and the liable party’s insurance begins.
Uber specifies how its insurance works in a rideshare accident, depending on who caused the accident:
- If the Uber driver was on the way to pick up passengers or driving with passengers, Uber’s insurance might cover damages.
- If the Uber driver was on the app and available to take ride requests but did not yet have passengers, Uber’s insurance may cover damages if the driver’s personal insurance does not.
- If the Uber driver is not on the app, their personal insurance may cover damages in an accident.
Our accident attorneys are here to fight by your side and work toward appropriate compensation on your behalf. Toward that end, we:
- Investigate the accident by noting weather and road conditions, gathering official reports and visual media of the incident, and reviewing physical data
- Identify liable party or parties
- Communicate with all involved parties on your behalf
- Negotiate with the insurance company or companies for a fair financial settlement
- Prepare for trial and represent you in court if we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement
Bogin, Munns & Munns Has Been Serving Clients for More Than 40 Years
Our accident attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns serve injured individuals and families in Melbourne and all of Florida. Our service to the community began in 1979. Over the years, we’ve received numerous awards and recognitions, such as:
- Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Orlando Business Journal’s Readers’ Choice Awards Winner for Best Local Personal Injury Law Firm
- Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Recipient of AVVO Superb Rating
- Orlando Sentinel’s Best Bets — Best Attorney Services
A few words from our clients:
“After my motorcycle accident I was hurt and afraid. I needed help so I turned to Bogin Munns & Munns. Ms.Jennifer and Mr.McMillan helped me with my case and all the questions I had. I am happy to be represented by such a professional law group and got the help I needed for my medical bills.” — Paul B.
“My experience with Bogin, Munns, and Munns has been wonderful. Nearly three years ago, I was in a bad car accident that caused long term medical damage . . . Any time I had questions, John explained answers thoroughly and provided real- life examples that were relatable. John and his team at BMM are true professionals and I am extremely thankful for their support and assistance through this tough time. I highly recommend this company if you need legal advice for your car accident case.” — Heather W.
Your Cost for Our Representation
Our Melbourne attorneys provide initial free consultations for personal injury cases. We invite you to tell us what has happened to you, and we will answer whatever questions you have. If you decide you’d like to move forward with Bogin, Munns & Munns, we are happy to do so on a contingency fee basis.
This means you pay us no attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you. We think it’s important for you to focus on healing and getting back to your life while our focus is on easing your way forward.
Melbourne Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Florida’s Statute of Limitations Applies to Your Uber Rideshare Case
In Florida, you generally have four years from the accident date to file a lawsuit for damages, although there could be exceptions to that time frame. Our Melbourne Uber accident attorneys will confirm how much time you have for your case.
It is helpful to file sooner rather than later for at least a couple of reasons:
- Witnesses’ memories are sharp, and the evidence remains available
- Receiving compensation as soon as possible to offset unexpected bills is critical to your financial security
Click to contact our Melbourne Uber Accident Lawyers today
Accident Insurance in Florida
Florida is a “no-fault” state. This requires every licensed Florida driver to carry a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury Protection (PIP) insurance and $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL).
No matter who is at fault for the accident, PIP and PDL cover a percentage of your medical expenses and lost income and a certain amount of the vehicle and property damage costs. It also covers a percentage of costs for passengers and pedestrians. However, depending on the type and severity of your injuries, you may not be limited to PIP, but you may be able to file a lawsuit or liability claim against the responsible party or parties.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
What to do After an Uber Rideshare Accident in Melbourne
If you are not injured and have left the accident scene, you should follow a few steps:
- If the accident involved an injury, death, or at least $500 in property damage, contact law enforcement. If not, go online and fill out a self-report form.
- Contact your insurance provider and inform them that there was an accident.
- Speak with an accident or personal injury attorney to review your options.
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns’ Uber Accident Attorneys in Melbourne, FL, Today
Uber accidents may involve multiple insurance companies and complicate the steps you need to take when pursuing full and fair compensation. Whether you have suffered serious injuries or escaped with minor bumps and bruises from an accident, we invite you to come in for a free consultation.
Our attorneys build on the decades Bogin, Munns & Munns has spent in Florida’s legal arena to advocate for you and guide you in the fight for your rights. Call us today. We are here to help you.